• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#101 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:54 AM

Rufus 3, seems to have a better floor plan for a regular user.

Minor cosmetic bug on rufus 3:

1. If you hover over the icons on bottom left. The tool-tips balloon shows up.

2. But if you open the log for example. then hover over the icons, no tool-tip.

3. Dont close the log window, yet.

4. click open the settings. now hover mouse over any icon at bottom left. no tool-tip.

5. Close the settings Window and the log window is still open.

6. Hover mouse over the icons. tool-tips show up

Congrats! :ph34r:

Rufus 2.18 (Last version compatible with Windows XP and Windows Vista)

rufus_en.png

rufus 3.0 beta
post-5-0-58410100-1526366124.png

Attached Files

• Blackcrack likes this

#102 Akeo

Akeo

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  •  
    Ireland

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:05 AM

Thanks for the report - much appreciated.

Look like when another window has the focus (if you look at the log window you just opened, you'll see that one of it's button is highlighted which means it is the window with current focus), then the notifications for tooltips are not being sent to the windows that doesn't have focus (in our case the main window). And of course, if you bring focus back to the main window, then the tooltips work again.

I'll see what I can do to fix that, but since this is minor, I can't guarantee it will make it into the 3.0 release.

• Blackcrack likes this

#103 Blackcrack

Blackcrack

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 458 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

oh cool, thank you :) (both) :cheerleader: :clap: :good: :happy_dance2: :crazyrocker:

#104 Akeo

Akeo

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  •  
    Ireland

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:19 AM

BETA #2 is now available HERE.

This is mostly to fix RTL language display, which had multiple issues, and to update additional translations.

Now, with regards to the issue reported by TheHive, this seems to be a Windows bug :(

From what I can see, if you create a toolbar that contains multiple buttons, then Windows will not forward the tooltip notification messages (TTN_GETDISPINFO) to each individual button, unless the Windows has the focus. On the other hand, it does forward the global tooltip notification message for the whole toolbar, regardless of focus. In other words, if you try to attach a tooltip to the whole toolbar it works. But if you try to attach tooltips to individual buttons it doesn't. And alas, Windows doesn't provide a way to, say, add a call to find on which button the mouse pointer is hovering if you use the global message...

Considering that it makes no sense to forward one and not the other, it's pretty clear that what we are being confronted with here is a Windows UI bug...

The one workaround I can see for this would be to split our 4-button toolbar into 4 individual ones, each with a single button, since we then could set global individual tooltips for each one, which would display regardless of window focus. But I have to say it's a bit of a pain in the ass to have do so just to display 4 tooltips that people will be able to see as long as the Window has the focus, so I'm not sure I'm going to bother...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rufus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users