4 replies to this topic

#1 Karl1982

Karl1982

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:03 PM

I decided to give WinBuilder a shot today, and I'm having an error in what's mostly a stock config. I got WinBuilder 81 RC1 since the site says it's relatively stable. I'm attempting to make VistaPE. I have the WAIK 1.1 it mentions, as well as a Vista Business 32-bit install disc (it's Dell branded, if that matters). I didn't make any major config changes, just pointed it to my DVD-ROM for the source and checked boxes for some of the tools that weren't included by default.

When I hit the big blue play button to build it, it has an error in Main Configuration (00-config-base.script) in step 2 / 76. The current action looks like "Please wait: UnMountig WIM files..." and the error is "Build stopped due to an error." The only error log entry (followed by last 3 lines for that file) is this:

Set - You cannot set WinBuilder system variables GLOBAL or PERMANENT: [%IsoFile%=%BaseDir%\ISO\VistaPE-Core.iso]

Halt

Script time: 2 seconds and 153 milliseconds

Finished processing script: Main Configuration

I tried giving that variable a full path (took out %BaseDir% and replaced with C:\WinBuilder) but that didn't change anything. I haven't edited any scripts. So what's my problem?

#2 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:41 PM

I decided to give WinBuilder a shot today, and I'm having an error in what's mostly a stock config. I got WinBuilder 81 RC1 since the site says it's relatively stable. I'm attempting to make VistaPE. I have the WAIK 1.1 it mentions, as well as a Vista Business 32-bit install disc (it's Dell branded, if that matters). I didn't make any major config changes, just pointed it to my DVD-ROM for the source and checked boxes for some of the tools that weren't included by default.

When I hit the big blue play button to build it, it has an error in Main Configuration (00-config-base.script) in step 2 / 76. The current action looks like "Please wait: UnMountig WIM files..." and the error is "Build stopped due to an error." The only error log entry (followed by last 3 lines for that file) is this:

Set - You cannot set WinBuilder system variables GLOBAL or PERMANENT: [%IsoFile%=%BaseDir%\ISO\VistaPE-Core.iso]

Halt

Script time: 2 seconds and 153 milliseconds

Finished processing script: Main Configuration

I tried giving that variable a full path (took out %BaseDir% and replaced with C:\WinBuilder) but that didn't change anything. I haven't edited any scripts. So what's my problem?

It isn't your problem. It's a change introduced in 081 for which VistaPE has not been updated. I maintain VistaPE and am aware of the issue. It is not yet certain that I will adapt VistaPE. Right now the only version is to use 080 or earlier (or edit some scripts, which would take a while to explain).

#3 Karl1982

Karl1982

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:58 PM

Thanks for the fast response. I understand the problem. Perhaps what I'll do then is get stable version 80 and try Win7PE.

#4 Karl1982

Karl1982

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:20 AM

Decided to go with VistaPE on WinBuilder 80 anyway since the project has so much more software bundled and I will be using this for a troubleshooting/repair disc. And I'm using my old non-branded Vista Business disc since with the Dell disc I was getting what I presume to be some problems with localization, or lack thereof (Japanese language files missing from disc?). Also still using WAIK 1.1.

I decided to make sure a stock build would work first before I started customizing, so I pretty much set the paths and hit build. It got all the way to 67/67 and failed with this error:

Retrieve - Failed to retrieve the file size from: [%BaseDir%\ISO\VistaPE-Core.iso] - File does not exist:

I'm confused... Is that not the file it was supposed to be building? I don't have an ISO folder, so it hasn't made any yet.

#5 Karl1982

Karl1982

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:41 AM

Sorry, never mind... I ran the mkisofs command mentioned in the log manually so I could see the end of the output. Seems the entire problem was the ISO folder didn't exist yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users