Multiboot DVD by Aero step by step

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#51 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:1_Making Unattended and Customized XP<br /><br />2_Making different types of Bootable and Multiboot CD/DVD<br /><br />3_Like to learn more about grub and grub4DOS
  •  
    Iran

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

Hi Dear andex

I have KasperSky Antivirus rescue CD 2008,so i tell you how to run
this from your multiboot DVD.(I think it will work for upper versions
too).

Because you have read my tutor in ezb site,so i will tell the way to
do the job for that tutorial
----------------------------------------
1.Extract all contents of ISO to .../disk1 directory then Make a button for running KAV

2.Use Command below for it:

bcdw /isolinux/isolinux.bin

==============================

Thats all you need to do.

shirin zaban

#52 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:30 PM

@Shirin Zaban

To clarify – there is no problem to launch MsDart60 (or Msdart65) using method described in post #46 :confused1:

But if you like to use files (extracted from ISO) you can use these command lines for MsDart60 (or MsDart65):

chainloader (cd)/bootmgr

Files and folders are not case sensitive when using this command in AeroStudio.
Note1. As we cannot (at present time) combine same files used on the “root” by MsDart60 and MsDart65 you can only use one of mentioned “system-PE” at same time – and this is a huge disadvantage :rolleyes:
Note2: these command lines are also used for start setup of Vist\Win-7
As this might be of interest, I guess that launching MsDart60 using isoemu (post #46) is a better choice as this means we can have space left for setup-files related to Vista or Win-7 (unfortunately only one of the system can be put on the “root” at same time). In this way you can use MsDart60 and MsDart65 at same time and also one of Vista or Win-7 set of setup-files on the root :)

Solution to ERD5:
1.Copy folder I386 and tag files (Win51, Win51is and Win51is.sp1) to your AeroStudio "Source File" repository.
2. Use this command to launch ERD5: chainloader (cd)/i386/setupldr.bin
Note: This command: chainloader (cd)/i386/setupldr.bin is not case sensitive and the same to folder i386 and files inside - not case sensitive but no harm using uppercase :cheers:

Best regards to Shirin
yggdrasil

#53 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:03 PM

Sorry mates for missing over 24 hrs. Dear Shirin, I will work on the easyboot instruction you gave here and in easyboot site within two days time. I am a bit busy this week.

Dear yggdrasil, I tried to understand what you wanted to say on your eariler post and this last post but most of the things you talk are too technical for me. I am just a bigner in boot, mutiboot, and related fields and I have no knowledge of grub dos or other linux application. I am mainly a windows software troubleshooter. :confused1:

#54 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:19 PM

@andex

You can download script from my website (you have link below “Welcome to my website HERE”).

You can use script to make it easier :confused1: – and later study how this things is done (hex edit etcetera)

AeroStudio-ISO.script automatically create environment for ISO-files that are bootable using grub as “bootmanager”.

AeroStudio-Live.script automatically create environment for XP-Live-PE (ERD, BartPE, Reatogo - basically Live-PE that use folder i386

yggdrasil

#55 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

@andex

You can download script from my website (you have link below “Welcome to my website HERE”).

You can use script to make it easier :confused1: – and later study how this things is done (hex edit etcetera)

AeroStudio-ISO.script automatically create environment for ISO-files that are bootable using grub as “bootmanager”.

AeroStudio-Live.script automatically create environment for XP-Live-PE (ERD, BartPE, Reatogo - basically Live-PE that use folder i386

yggdrasil

Thank you very much yggdrasil, it sounds so cool. So are the entries AeroStudio and the bootlaoder grubdos? But on your site, I see that the tool is used to creat bootable USB upto 2 GB. Is it possible for dvd or cd?

#56 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:49 AM

@andex

Quote: ” But on your site, I see that the tool is used to create bootable USB upto 2 GB. Is it possible for dvd or cd?”
Edit: Quote: ” create bootable USB upto 2 GB”
Where did you find this statement :rolleyes:
Aerostudio-usb_v2.script support USB devices up to 2048GB in size :confused1:

Note: Aerostudio-usb_v2.script primary goal is to support USB-stick/thumb drives, but external harddisk unit (USB-unit) is supported as well – as stated - USB devices up to 2048GB in size. So where did you get this 2GB-statement :cheers:

This “tool” (USB-script) you are talking about makes USB device bootable and then using grub to launch AeroStudio-ISO as it is :rolleyes:
Note: Not all functions can be used if ISO is run from USB in the same way as run from CD/DVD-unit. Basically problem is that we lose the “root” . Typical example is to launch setup of WinXP. You create your ISO (using AeroStudio) and this works fine from CD/DVD-unit but not from USB device. But as always, there are people that are much brighter than myself that have solutions about these issues. Anyway – let’s focus on your CD/DVD-ISO for the moment so you don’t mix things up :cheers:

Please test using mentioned script in Post #54 as a start, to see if you can get your different ”Live-PE” to run in AeroStudio and the same to directly launch ISO (MsDart60/65)

Regards yggdrasil

#57 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:1_Making Unattended and Customized XP<br /><br />2_Making different types of Bootable and Multiboot CD/DVD<br /><br />3_Like to learn more about grub and grub4DOS
  •  
    Iran

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:34 PM

Dear andex

I think you have got a little bit confused by our different notes,So
If it is very important for you to have MSdrt ISO's and KasperSky ISO
all together in one DVD,Do the easy ways below,by the way that i will
tell ,you will not need any other helps (if you read carefully):

--------------------------------
softwares you Need to download
-------------------------------
grub4dos
mkisofs.exe
cygwin1.dll

-----------------------------------------------------------
The process of creating multiboot DVD for loading ISO files
-----------------------------------------------------------

1. Make A directory by the name of MyBoot,some where (for example D:\MyBoot).

2. Make another directory by the name of Root insid D:\MyBoot directory (you
will have D:\MyBoot\Root)

3.Extract contents of grub4dos to D:\MyBoot directory.

4.Place files "mkisofs.exe" and "cygwin1.dll" to D:\MyBoot directory.

5.Put a Copy of file (grldr) from D:\MyBoot\ directory to
D:\MyBoot\Root\ directory.

6.Open notepad and type lines below on it ,then save as "Creat.bat" inside
D:\MyBoot\ directory:

mkisofs -R -b grldr -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -o xxx.iso root

7.Rename your ISO images as below and put them inside D:\MyBoot\Root\ directory.

Rename MSdart 6.0 for vista iso to = dart60.iso
Rename MSdart 6.5 for win 7 iso to = dart65.iso
Rename KasperSky rescue CD iso to = KAV.iso

8.Extract two files and folder below from root of kaspersky iso to D:\MyBoot\Root\ directory.
image.squashfs
livecd

and also bases folder

9.Open notepad type commands below ,the save that by the name of menu.lst in
D:\MyBoot\Root\ directory.

color blue/green yellow/red white/magenta white/magenta
timeout 30
default 0

title MSdart 6.0 for Vista
find --set-root /dart60.iso
map /dart60.iso (0xff) || map --mem /dart60.iso (0xff)
map --hook

chainloader (0xff)

title MSdart 6.5 for Windows 7
find --set-root /dart65.iso
map /dart65.iso (0xff) || map --mem /dart65.iso (0xff)
map --hook
chainloader (0xff)

title KasperSky Antivirus 2008
find --set-root /KAV.iso
map /KAV.iso (0xff) || map --mem /KAV.iso (0xff)
map --hook
chainloader (0xff)

title Restart Computer
reboot

title Shut down Computer
halt

10.Now go to D:\MyBoot\directory and duble click on Creat.bat .The
bat file will begin making bootable iso of your files and will put
the iso (by the name of xxx.iso) inside D:\MyBoot\directory,that you
should first test it by vmware or other your favorite virtual machine
then you can burn and use that.

=====================================
thats all
I tested by vmware was OK.

shirin zaban

#58 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:44 PM

Dear Shirin I cannot thank you enough but thank you so much for the help :cheers: :) I managed to make a 6 entries (adding Dart 5.0 for xp, Dart 6.0 64bit and Dart6.5 64 bit) and made few entry title changes and it works perfectly :cheers: I am very happy with it :confused1: I only have one little problem. I added DaRT 5.0 for XP (its is a live CD, with i386 folder. Do you have any workaround just like you did for Kaspersky Rescue Disk?
Thanks!!

@yggdrasil thank you very much for your help! :rolleyes: :cheers: I missread the 2048GB as 2048MB, that is the source of 2GB. Just crush me :rolleyes: for the mistake.

I have now understood most of what you said after the success in the multiboot using Grub4Dos and trying to run your project. I followed everything in your site but it ended up in error in copying file. I was not surprised by the error as I was doing most of the things blindly. :rolleyes:
1. What does Aero Studio ISO script do? My understanding is, it can replace the Gurb4dos menu with Aero Studio menu for multibook ISO created by gurb4dos.
2. In Aeromgr, what do I need to keep in the Source folder? For instance, can I add the multiboot ISO that is created with Gurb4dos (xxx.iso)?
3. Do I also need to download live XP project?

Thanks!!

#59 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:26 AM

With a limted effort ERD 50 can be booted through RAMDISK (read from .iso or .img mapped in grub4dos).

See here:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=9740
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=8371

Wonko

#60 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:45 AM

@andex

Quote: it ended up in error in copying file” What system do you run WinBuilder in? I always use the much better WinXP-sp3 :)
Anyway, In case you use Vista\Win-7 you need to clear out all those stupid “security latches” that is overall in this stupid system - I really B) Vista and Win-7 (Vista most) :)

Quote:”1. What does Aero Studio ISO script do?”
It copies ISO that you want to integrate into AeroStudio. Clearly you have not read instructions how to use script :rolleyes: There is a “Help-button” in script – push it and get to know script better :P

Quote:” 2. In Aeromgr, what do I need to keep in the Source folder?” This is where you keep software to be integrated into AeroStudio. It seems that you have problems how to use AeroStudio :huh: Please take a good look into “AeroStudio_Video.exe” that comes with “Update Pack For AeroStudio 2008” link HERE (credits to Blue Life :cheers: )
If you read help in script (push help-button) and I quote from help in script: “I use a folder named "source" you might use a different name to folder (or different path)”. As stated – you might use a different folder (a folder “images” or whatever) as repository for ISO-files and Floppy images to be integrated into AeroStudio-ISO (of course you have to create buttons and command-lines in AeroStudio-menu according to what software you integrate in AeroStudio-menu – this part is done fully manually=by your self). And YES you can use ISO created with Grub4dos (xxx.iso). But doing it this way you create a working ISO that you then integrate into AeroStudio that then create a new ISO – “pancake by pancake” if you ask me :rolleyes:

Note: As many times before Shirin creates a really nice tutorial :cheers: – and it works to 100% (thanks Shirin). But I thought that you @andex where interested in AeroStudio ;) (integrating for example MsDart60.ISO and some floppy images with ghost or whatever - software you like to integrate into aroStudio).

Quote: “3. Do I also need to download live XP project?” NO!
And I quote from you: “I added DaRT 5.0 for XP (its is a live CD, with i386 folder. Do you have any workaround” This is in fact a kind of “Live system” and I quote from you: “its is a live CD” – and yes it is – in this case a live system created using server-2003 as source. You can read in post #52 (Solution to ERD5) or use my script “AeroStudio-Live.script" that automatically create environment for XP-Live-PE (ERD, BartPE, Reatogo - basically Live-PE that use folder i386”.
Note1: you have to extract files and folders from your different ISO (ERD5.ISO for example) to some temporary folder and set path in script to this folder. Again - please push help-button in script. You don’t need to do this for MsDart60\65 (please read Note1 and Note2 in post #52) :confused1:

Quote: "Just crush me ;) for the mistake. " No I'm only preparing use of this ;) He, he just joking :)

Regards yggdrasil

#61 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:02 PM

Dear andex

For MSdart 5.0 for XP you should do some more works to be able to run
that as other options.
first you should make some changes in your MSdart50.ISO,then you should
do some other works that i will explain step by step for you.

So Carefully Do as steps below:
------------------------------------------------------
You need to have files below befor begining the work:

SETUPLDR.BIN (just from windows sever 2003 sp1 CD not any other versions)
NTDETECT.COM (just from windows sever 2003 sp1 CD not any other versions)
RAMDISK.SYS (just from windows sever 2003 sp1 CD not any other versions)
Mkisofs.exe
======================
Part One of work
======================

1.Make a directory by the name of (MSdart50) in D:\

2.Extract all contents of your MSdart50.ISO in D:\MSdart50\ directory.

3.Delete Files below from D:\MSdart50\I386\ directory :
SETUPLDR.BIN
NTDETECT.COM

4.Copy (SETUPLDR.BIN and NTDETECT.COM) That you have copied from windows sever
2003 sp1 CD ,to D:\MSdart50\I386\ directory.

5.Delete file (RAMDISK.SYS) from D:\MSdart50\I386\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ directory and
copy RAMDISK.SYS from windows sever 2003 sp1 CD to there.

6.Open file (D:\MSdart50\I386\txtsetup.sif) by notepad and find [ScsiClass.Load] section
on it ,and make sure that there is written "ramdisk = ramdisk.sys",if not you type that,
you should have some thing like below:

[ScsiClass.Load]
cdrom = cdrom.sys
disk = disk.sys
floppy = sfloppy.sys
ramdisk = ramdisk.sys

7.Open your orgional MSdart50.ISO by UltraISO,delete all contents of that,then add
all contents of D:\MSdart50\ directory to it and save.
Just be sure that "Allow lower case" section in ultaiso is disabled.this files
should be uppercase.

======================
Part Two of work
======================

1.Make a folder by the name of (RamPE) in D:\

2.Make another folder by the name of (I386) inside D:\RamPE\

3.Rename MSdart50.ISO that you have made in step 7 of part_1 ,to RAMPE.ISO
and put it in D:\RamPE\ directory.

4.Copy files (SETUPLDR.BIN and NTDETECT.COM) That you have copied from windows sever
2003 sp1 CD ,to D:\RamPE\I386\ directory.

5.Open notepad and type lines below on it ,then save it as WINNT.SIF (upper case)
in D:\RamPE\ directory:

[SetupData]
BootDevice = "ramdisk(0)"
BootPath = "\i386\System32\"
OsLoadOptions = "/noguiboot /fastdetect /minint /rdexportascd /rdpath=RamPE.iso"

6.Copy BOOTSECT.BIN from D:\MSdart50\ directory to D:\RamPE\ Directory.

7.Copy mkisofs.exe to D:\

8.Now you should create a bat file. Open notepad ,type lines below on it and save
that as MakePE.bat

D:
mkisofs.exe -iso-level 4 -volid "shirin" -A shirin/MKISOFS -sysid "Win32" -no-emul-boot -b BOOTSECT.BIN -hide BOOTSECT.BIN -o YYY.iso "D:\rampe"

9.Important Notes:
Files below that we have used during tutor all should be case UPPERCASE

NTDETECT.COM
SETUPLDR.BIN
BOOTSECT.BIN
WINNT.SIF

10.Run MakePE.bat.The bat file will make YYY.ISO in D:\

======================
Finishing the work
======================

At this time you have YYY.ISO,that is modified MSdart5.0.ISO
put this iso in Root directory that i have explained in my previous post
and add commands below to your menu.lst file:

title MSdart 5.0 for XP
find --set-root /YYY.ISO
map /YYY.ISO (0xff) || map --mem /YYY.ISO (0xff)
map --hook
chainloader (0xff)

-------------------------

and now you have made all you needed.

shirin zaban

#62 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:12 PM

First of all, it took me hours to post. I think Bootland site problem is still not fixed fully. :cheers:
@ Wonko,
Thank you for the help. ;) I tried many type of commands for ERD 5.0 the one you also shared but after the windows xp boot screen, I only see BSOD. I would be glad if you could post a working command for menu.lst

@Shirin
Kaspersky Rescue Disk worked well till I start to scan. I gave me an error "database is corrupted" so I couldn't scan. I then explored for solution and found out a solution from here. http://www.911cd.net...php/t22728.html
The only thing need was to extract the "Bases" folder and keep it in the "Root" directory, now it works fully! :confused1:
Thank you very much for the workaround for ERD 5.0, but as I don't have Server 2003, it will take me few about a day to get the CD. I would be glad if you could send me these files if you have them. :)

@yggdrasil
I was running WinBuilder in Windows 7. But I also didn't do almost anything in Aero Studio. I liked Aero Studio for its ease of use in menu creation, etc but it doesn't allow to create a multiboot ISO with Vista, seven (32bit and 64bit). So Shirin, suggested me to try EasyBoot, but couldn't try it that time as I had no time. When I got time, Shirin, came up with nice idea of doing it on grub4dos, which I followed the guide and reached here. :rolleyes: But I still like Aero Studio and now you Yggdrasil brought you project into picture. I have read the help by downloading the help from Winbuilder. What the help shows is only what is done in the yggdrasil project and WinBuilder. Now I want to know how Aero Studio, grub4dos and your project are integrated. Specifically, what should I do on Aero Studio; I guess, ISO creation is what is needed in grub4dos. As I am almost there with grub4dos multiboot, I would love to now make a "new ISO – “pancake by pancake”". So I need your help. ;)

#63 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

Dear andex

1.I have send you a message.

2.Thank you for information about KasperSky,i have worked on it just because of
your need,and tested that untill complating boot process.

3.About learning more tips on AeroStudio,i have wrotten an chm help file,you can
download that from link below:

http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=8008

shirin zaban

#64 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:16 PM

First of all, it took me hours to post. I think Bootland site problem is still not fixed fully. ;)
@ Wonko,
Thank you for the help. :confused1: I tried many type of commands for ERD 5.0 the one you also shared but after the windows xp boot screen, I only see BSOD. I would be glad if you could post a working command for menu.lst

You must be joking.

I pointed you to a thread where it is CLEARLY stated what changes you need to do for booting a .iso inside a .img.

Shirin just posted how to modify the .iso to boot it directly.

(information that is in several places on the forum already)

NOTHING connected with menu.lst.

Wonko

#65 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

@ Shirin
I did all the steps that you said but I got an error message
"setup cannot find file \i386\system32\ntoskrnl.exe" Error code 14. Any help is very appreciated.

@Wonko
True there were many solutions but all are talking about booting from USB so none of them could help me.

#66 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

@andex

Quote: “I have read the help by downloading the help from Winbuilder” and
Quote: “What the help shows is only what is done in the yggdrasil project and WinBuilder”
I’m unsure what you mean with this :confused1: but I guess “help-button” in “startkit” which is winbuilder including aerostudio-usb.script. Correct?

You have to download and extract the other scripts as well. Download and extract aerostudio-iso.script to “yggdrasil\Projects\LiveXP” and the same for aerostudio-live.script. Use help-button in each script.

Quote: “Now I want to know how Aero Studio, grub4dos and your project are integrated”
Winbuilder with its script works alone (out-of-the-box) from AeroStudio. Grub for dos is used in script but script is developed to integrate ISO-files and “Live-builds” into AeroStudio – you may think on it like script “inject” ISO-files and\or files into “build-folder” of AeroStudio.
Note: AeroStudio does Creation of ISO - unfortunately there is some “size-limits” (bug) that Shirin point to – in same time Shirin shows a “work-around” for this bug.

Quote. “what should I do on Aero Studio”
Read chm help file that Shirin has written :) that’s what I did to better understand AeroStudio (thanks Shirin for chm help file)

Please take attention to that I use the "safer" ;) WinXP when using winbuilder-scripts- I'm unsure if scripts works okay in Win-7 or Vista. You have to "unlock" all those safety locks that this systems (Win-7\Vista) is overcrowded with :rolleyes:

Regards yggdrasil

#67 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:07 PM

Dear andex

1.I tested what i said again,was OK,May be there was some mistake in your process,may be
you realy missed ntoskrnl.exe in your first iso.

2.Replay to notes on your Email abour runing all these ISO's by Aero:

Here in lines below i will explain how to run programs below
by AeroStudio:

MSdart 5.0 for windows XP
MSdart 6.0 for windows vista
MSdart 6.5 for windows 7
KasperSky RescuCD 2008

-------------------------------
1.Do as i said in my previous posts and make mutiboot iso of
programs above by grub4dos. for example you will have XXX.ISO.

2.Create folder Source in D:\

3.Copy grldr (from grub4dos) to D:\source folder.

3b.Copy folder bases and files image.squashfs and livecd from root of
kaspersky rescue cd 2008 to D:\source folder.

4.Open notepad ,type commands below on it,then save that by the
name of (menu.lst) in D:\source folder.

color blue/green yellow/red white/magenta white/magenta
timeout 30
default 0

title run grub iso
find --set-root /grldr.iso
map /grldr.iso (0xff) || map --mem /grldr.iso (0xff)
map --hook
chainloader (0xff)

title Restart Computer
reboot

title Shut down Computer
halt

5.Run AeroStudio ,create a button for running XXX.ISO.

.Use command below for button:

grub4dos configfile /menu.lst
boot

6.Make your final iso by Aero (using D:\source folder as source for aero).

=============================
Thats all you need to do
I checked by vmware was OK.

when you run ,first you will have some thing like pictur_1 and after selecting
run grub iso you will have pictur_2

shirin zaban

Attached Thumbnails

• pictur_1.png
  • pictur_2.png

#68 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:26 PM

Dear Shirin, thank you for the help. It is too late for me now. I have to sleep and start again tomorrow.

#69 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:29 PM

For me too

it is 3 o'clock after midnight in my country,and i am very tired too.
good night

shirin zaban

#70 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:46 PM

@andex

New version of aerostudio-iso.zip uploaded to my server. I have tested it on Vista (my wife’s :confused1: )

Download aerostudio-iso.zip and replace the “old” one with updated script.

It's getting late for me to as well - and snow keep on falling outside ;)

Regards yggdrasil

#71 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:44 AM

@andex

Have done following reworks and tests :cheers: :

1. Optimised aerostudio-usb.script (included in “startkit” - tested in Vista and seems to run well)
2. Optimised aerostudio-iso.script (tested in Vista and seems to run well)
3. Optimised aerostudio-live.script (tested in Vista and seems to run well)

In “aerostudio-usb.script” options for “change USB-drive letter” is automatically switched off if script is used in Vista\Win-7 and the same to “Test USB device in qemu” also automatically switched off if script is used in Vista\Win-7. These two options don’t run well if script is used in Vista\Win-7. But the “main part” of script is tested in Vista and seems to run as expected :rolleyes:

Above means that you have to download updated script including “Startkit” ;) . Delete you’re previous downloads (folder yggdrasil with scripts) and test again.

I’m a little bit disappointed on my self why I haven’t tested script earlier in Vista :) – but it never stroked my mind that it is such differences between WinXP and Vista\Win-7

As I said before Vista\Win-7 still not my best choice :cheers: – I guess that I have to :confused1: “crawl to the cross” and in the end start using Win-7 – but I’m fighting against :rolleyes: He, he

Regards yggdrasil

#72 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:54 PM

@Shirin Zaban

Ok I tried to make the DaRT 5.0 boot in Grub4Dos but it is still not working. I added the ntosknl.exe but no it just says file missing. I have no idea what to do on this. But I am really sorry because I took much of your time.

@Shirin Zaban and yggdrasil
On the use of Aero Studio for Grub4Dos created ISO, what I was saying was to create a an Aero studio button and screen for grub4Dos multiboot ISO. So in other words, I don't want to see the Grub4dos menu sreen but the Aero Studio menu. (See screen).
Posted Image

I am a n00b in this so please bear with me. If you see the pic, my interest is, when I click each Aero studio buttons, I want to bypass the colorful Grub4Dos menu and just get into the ISOs.
If this is possible using yggdrasil project or any other way, I would be glad to go forward.

Again, Thank you Shirin and yggdrasil for the help.

#73 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:04 PM

@andex

I have now heavily updated script and tested these in Vista (should work fine in Win-7 as well) :rolleyes:

If I understand this right: picture you show is the AeroStudio buttons (menu you have created). Correct?

Have you created ISO-file with this menu? If so, please show structure and also show command line for the button: “Toolset 6.0 for Windows Vista 32bit” to give me (and Shirin) some hints what we are dealing with. Note: it is the command line in “Button Property” for this “Toolset 6.0 for Windows Vista 32bit” that is interesting :confused1:

I have created a tiny example what I mean.
Picture shows the command line for directly launch MsDart60.ISO and also structure of created ISO-file
Note: as you can se also ERD7 in place and working (basically same as ERD5 = folder i386)
Posted Image
This is just a simple example how my script easily “create” or shall we say “inject” files and\or folders into structure of AeroStudio. No grub menu is presented – every “tool” launch at once

Regards yggdrasil

#74 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:36 PM

@andex

I have now heavily updated script and tested these in Vista (should work fine in Win-7 as well) :rolleyes:

I have tested your project on Windows 7 and it works well. The problem is I still don't know what to do before running the project.

If I understand this right: picture you show is the AeroStudio buttons (menu you have created). Correct?

Have you created ISO-file with this menu? If so, please show structure and also show command line for the button: “Toolset 6.0 for Windows Vista 32bit” to give me (and Shirin) some hints what we are dealing with. Note: it is the command line in “Button Property” for this “Toolset 6.0 for Windows Vista 32bit” that is interesting :confused1:

Corrrect. the picture is made by myself. However, :cheers: the command is is empty. I just made the buttons. I have tested the same thing and it doesn't work on AeroStudio and Shirin also has mentioned that in earlier post. That is why we shifted to Grub4dos. Now, if you say, we can make AeroStudio really work for the list as seen in the picture using your project, it would be perfect.

I have created a tiny example what I mean.
Picture shows the command line for directly launch MsDart60.ISO and also structure of created ISO-file
Note: as you can se also ERD7 in place and working (basically same as ERD5 = folder i386)

This is just a simple example how my script easily “create” or shall we say “inject” files and\or folders into structure of AeroStudio. No grub menu is presented – every “tool” launch at once.

I am gitting it bit by bit. One doubt. I see that the project has one for live CDs and one for Aero Studio ISO. So how can I add more ISOs in the script.

I tried to send you a PM but you have I think you have blocked any PMs. I would be glad if you could enable it for now. :rolleyes:

#75 yggdrasil

yggdrasil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:12 PM

@andex

Quote: ” So how can I add more ISOs in the script”
Change name to ISO in aerostudio-iso.script (you have a “name box” for this. “Set name to ISO-file here -->”) :rolleyes:
Give ISO a name that you want to integrate (lets say it is msdart60) – you then put in MSDART60 in name box Note: use BIG LETTERS (“Set name to ISO-file here -->”) Note: use BIG LETTERS. Push start-button and do what script asks for. Note: make sure you have set path to your aerostudio “Source Files” (push help button to better understand this path)

Now let’s say you want to integrate MSDART65. Change name in name box Note: use BIG LETTERS (“Set name to ISO-file here -->”) and push start button and do what script ask for. Every time you do these integrations you in the end of process get a text file with command to use (copy and paste from text file) to “Button Property” in AeroStudio-menu (your created menu buttons). A good idea is to have AeroStudio menu up and ready for edit so that you can copy command into your menu-button command lines when text file pops up in the end of script process :rolleyes:

Quote: “The problem is I still don't know what to do before running the project.” Could you be a little more specific :confused1:

Regards yggdrasil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users