WinBuilder 081 RC1 published

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#26 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:12 PM

You should not confuse your opinions with facts. I burn CDs about once in 10-20 builds.

What is fact:
That you burn an ISO rather seldom?
Or that LiveXP by factory settings (downloaded right now) at the end of a build runs into ImgBurnISO.Script?

Everything is relative ... :cheers:

My upbringing keeps me from telling anyone what he had to do or to avoid, but seems there is some lack of logic, if someone asks me not to confuse my personal opinion with facts and in the same sentence his personal experience is a fact.

Peter

#27 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:30 PM

What is fact:
That you burn an ISO rather seldom?
Or that LiveXP by factory settings (downloaded right now) at the end of a build runs into ImgBurnISO.Script?

Everything is relative ... :cheers:

My upbringing keeps me from telling anyone what he had to do or to avoid, but seems there is some lack of logic, if someone asks me not to confuse my personal opinion with facts and in the same sentence his personal experience is a fact.

I never claimed my personal experience is a universal fact. It is a fact that I seldom burn CDs. That fact contradicts your proffering of your opinion of how often people burn CDs as a universal fact. I don't claim and have never claimed, to know anything about how often others burn CDs.

You can have your opinion. Don't confuse it with a fact about other's preferences.

The default setting in LiveXP is irrelevant.

#28 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:17 PM

Because nativeEx does not exist any more, this question is obsolete.

Peter, seriously, the point remains the same because it arose at a certain point in time when nativeEx was available. The point is that you've changed %ISOFile% from a variable to a constant and have not provided your reasons for doing so.

Currently, we have a RC which does not work with any projects (%ISOFile% is just the relevant example, there are other issues as well). Why do we have to have this situation?

Thanks,
Galapo.

#29 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:42 PM

It does not make much sence to heal the symptoms of an illness. You must heal the illness!

maybe we could add :lol::

.... possibly without creating a worse illness and without having ALL patients pissed off and yelling at you...

:cheers:

:lol:
Wonko

#30 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:07 PM

.... possibly without creating a worse illness and without having ALL patients pissed off and yelling at you...

Exactly! It seems WB development goes out of their way to create this unfortunate situation where project developers get ticked off.

Of course, up until now we've played the game of (sometimes quite extensive) updating projects when a new WB stable is released due to lack of backwards-compatibility with WB. But I think now after 3 years we're all a bit tired of this.

The fact is that we currently have a RC which is not known to work with any current projects.

Regards,
Galapo.

#31 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:07 AM

%ISOPath% works.

#32 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:21 AM

Being excessively pedantic, it's not a path, it's a pathname. %ISOPathName%.

#33 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:10 PM

Being excessively pedantic, it's not a path, it's a pathname. %ISOPathName%.

Let's all try not to be pedantic!
Let's try to solve issues!

Peter :lol:

#34 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:22 PM

Hi Peter,

Just wondering if you have the answer to the question asked above in and in a couple of other places:

I see no gain in changing the behaviour of %ISOFile% to a constant rather than a variable. What is the reasoning for this?

Thanks,
Galapo.

#35 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:03 AM

Well, the silence of reply is deafening!

Peter, what am I to conclude from this lack of reply other than (1) that WB development is essentially as closed court, advanced discussion of major changes to syntax will not take place and is always at the whim of WB development; and (2) that your intention of changing %ISOFile% to a constant was to sabbotage LiveXP because Lancelot is a developer and you have started to not like him and that you couldn't get anyone to adopt your use of the %BurnISO% variable by other means?

Please prove me wrong by (1) giving advance notice of syntax changes and allow for discussion and agreement between project developers etc.; and (2) please explain the change to %ISOFile% so that I don't have to think you do it for sabbotage reasons and to force others into not using %ISOFile% in ways that you personally don't like.

I would really like things to move forward rather than go to this type of discussion over and over again. But it has to come from your side because we don't have access to WB sourcecode so we cannot know what's coming. Any advance notice and planning and discussion is up to you because we're not in the loop to know what's going on.

Thanks,
Galapo.

#36 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:10 AM

I "declared" contants unchangable, after I have had troubles in HoJoPE with changed %TargetDir%.

And if 082 will ever come out, it only warns, but allows the developer use his own style interpreting programming rules.

Peter

#37 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:27 AM

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reverting!

But why even warn since it'll be in the log and intentionally done by a script?

Since no one else has ever had a problem with changing the variables, why even warn about this since it's a non-issue?

Regards,
Galapo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users