#51 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:52 PM

Another "issue" to fix is on upload management and "quota"...seems even as "developer", I got punted back down...(not a big issue, but one to add to the list :)
Am starting to like the new "features"... :wub:

#52 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:12 PM

I've increased the max quota of upload per post to 10 Mb for .script developers. For files above that limit I would suggest using the brand new Downloads tool: http://reboot.pro/files/

#53 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:50 PM

And if the topic has 49 pages, I need to click next for 48 times to see the whole thread? Or it is an option to set show all post in topic?

There is usually a link that allows you to move directly to the last page.

What I observed: we have twitter and +1 button, but no Facebook. This means we head for the future and Anon will destroy FB on 11.05 ?

You've caught me. I'm not a facebook fan. Since you noted, I have enabled the facebook button until it is closed down in a foreseeable future.

LE: What is "Promote to Article" ?

It allows some specific member groups to promote a forum topic to article.

Soon, when people type "http://reboot.pro" they will see a front page filled with topics that we promoted to articles. This is useful to point new visitors to articles such as FAQ, news, interesting tutorials and small tidybits that will ease them finding information. There was a request some weeks ago that we made information a bit more visible to users and this is a good to solve the reported issue.

:cheers:

#54 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:02 PM

Grrrn! Wanted to send a PM. When i clicked 'post', i got a page telling me *Zend Optimizer not installed'.

#55 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

Why the spurious selection box at the side of the new content when I choose 'View New Content'. As I have already asked to see new content it just wastes screen space.

#56 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

Why the spurious selection box at the side of the new content when I choose 'View New Content'. As I have already asked to see new content it just wastes screen space.

#57 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:31 PM

Also just saw this message:

Zend Optimizer not installed

This file was encoded by the Zend Guard. In order to run it, please install the Zend Optimizer (available without charge), version 3.0.0 or later.
Seeing this message instead of the website you expected?

This means that this webserver is not configured correctly. In order to view this website properly, please contact the website's system administrator/webmaster with the following message:

The component "Zend Optimizer" is not installed on the Web Server and therefore cannot service encoded files. Please download and install the Zend Optimizer (available without charge) on the Web Server.

Note: Zend Technologies cannot resolve issues related to this message appearing on websites not belonging to Zend Technologies.
What is the Zend Optimizer?

The Zend Optimizer is one of the most popular PHP plugins for performance-improvement, and has been available without charge, since the early days of PHP 4. It improves performance by scanning PHP's intermediate code and passing it through multiple Optimization Passes to replace inefficient code patterns with more efficient code blocks. The replaced code blocks perform exactly the same operations as the original code, only faster.
In addition to improving performance, the Zend Optimizer also enables PHP to transparently load files encoded by the Zend Guard.
The Zend Optimizer is a free product available for download from Zend Technologies. Zend Technologies also developed the PHP scripting engine, known as the Zend Engine.

#58 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:04 PM

paraglider :),
the good guys here are trying to update the board live :w00t: :ph34r:.

Until they will have finished you will experience *any*kind of problems.

Once they will have finished, then it will be time to report the zillion problems that will remain anyway, and as already happened ALL the previous times, we will have "fun" for several days in reporting them and they will have the same in (hopefully) fix them.... :whistling: ... before having the board fully functional (or at least sufficiently functional :dubbio:)

I cannot write any more since the stupid current scrolling would start making my post jump up and down and give me sea-sickness....: :frusty:

Wait, I have still a couple lines available, I will use the to propose an idea :idea: :
can we use the demented "emoticon ribbon" as eyesight test? (If anyone can locate in it these smileys: :diespam: :beer: he/she needs NOT a pair of spectacles...)

Wonko

#59 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

Hey peeps! :)
Watch your brackets! :w00t: :ph34r: example:
http://reboot.pro/5041/page__st__1

I have had success with the feature with a ram-loading LiveXP from usb stick with grub4dos loaded to mbr of the stick. That is, BootSDI script is used and hence files from Windows 2k3.

Working for me:

title LiveXP - mem

find --set-root --ignore-floppies /!images/iso/LiveXP_RAM.iso

map --mem /!images/iso/LiveXP_RAM.iso (hd32)

map --hook

chainloader (hd32)

boot

Nice new error on conversion. (please read as "yet another effect of doing things without preventive checks")

This:
(hd32)
and this:

(hd32)

are seemingly different from this:
(hd32)
ALL OF THE ABOVE were entered as & # 40 ; hd32 & # 41 ; (without spaces) the board parser "automagically" changed the first 2 but ignored the "CODE" ones
...and we were so hard on poor psc_Ex for the quote vs. commas!

Actually the following:
(hd32)
works because it was made - with actual brackets - now.

How many posts do have brackets inside "CODE" tags? Definitely anything grub4dos related and most of "batch related".

Have#$ssome#$sfun#$cif#$syou#$scan#$cin#$sfixing#$sthis.

Wonko

#60 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4198 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:47 AM

:mobile: :thumbsup: :music_guitar: Seems to be coming along nicely.

#61 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4198 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:48 AM

Reply is posting topic but not showing it posted until you refresh page.

#62 L A M A

L A M A

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:29 AM

This is not good, something is affecting Opera's performance! My scrollbar is like... lagging (like 2fps). Fancy decorated pages (with too many layers and scripts) always do this in Opera.

Are you guys designing all this for IE9 and it's D3D acceleration? basically favoring Bill Gates? :huh:

Every time there is theme change, i get headache... again i've to search for setting that shows me 30 posts per page :confused1: (more I/Os to server now)
Bottom emoticons have FADING effect (instead of scrollbars, slowing performance?) + some look TINY (you guys must be expecting microscope in our eyes).

#63 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:48 AM

you guys must be expecting microscope in our eyes

This is the default IPB skin, it isn't a "you guys" piece of work.

Right now we are more worried about getting all the functionality working than looks.

Hopefully another skin can soon be introduced but at this point we just have to use the default one, my apologies.

#64 L A M A

L A M A

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:10 AM

This is the default IPB skin, it isn't a "you guys" piece of work.

oh.. :huh: so you guys just applied a skin to public without testing yourselves thoroughly?

Something is weird, at first i thought scrollbars were good idea but... if emoticons are not in square box (close to each other like icon view in explorer), one has to scan through each emoticons... :eek: + those TINY ones....

basically, i say putting them in 3 rows 3 column (or more) like square box is better. Half of my right screen space (1920 x 1200) is getting wasted.

edit: Something is weird again... as i keep editing this post, my previous edits are getting wiped out!
btw, thanks for the "Delete" and "Like this" buttons...

#65 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:23 AM

so you guys just applied a skin to public without testing yourselves thoroughly?

Think about it, what can we do when the default skin for a new version comes botched?

Like I said, functionality first and looks after.

#66 L A M A

L A M A

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:37 AM

my mistake again,... you guys applied whole new board to public without testing thoroughly :hyper: but then, i gave feedback (which was result of your action)

i knew of a site who put 2 versions on their site before migrating,...

http://www.someSite.com/NEW (as default asking user feeds)
http://www.someSite.com/OLD (with expiry date)

I guess resources must be tight :) once again thanks for bringing back some good old, long lost features....

edit: posting on same page without reloading all posts looks cool btw :clap:

#67 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:41 AM

Yes, unfortunately it is difficult to provide a better service and even more difficult to get everyone happy.

Last time we did tested exhaustively the new skin, hosting a demonstration forum at http://w.bb to gather feedback but that didn't worked as well. I am also enjoying to see back the old features, many of them come as standard now.

#68 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:02 AM

Yes, unfortunately it is difficult to provide a better service and even more difficult to get everyone happy.

Last time we did tested exhaustively the new skin, hosting a demonstration forum at http://w.bb to gather feedback but that didn't worked as well. I am also enjoying to see back the old features, many of them come as standard now.

Actually current issues are not about "user feelings or opinions or feedback" it is all about BOTCHED basic working of the board, of course it's not "you guys" fault :), it is the demented IPB programmers' one :ranting2: , but "you guys" have your share in not checking the BASE functionality yourself before applying it "live" :frusty: .

I don't know you, but this is the first time I see a "pretentious" text editor decide by itself to loose focus.
I.e. you select a word, that you want to make bold and italic, i.e. bold italic and the stupid text editor UNSELECTS it automatically. and of course "toggling" the stupid WYSIWYG, all buttons are DISABLED.
The editor window re-sets itself everytime you use a button, starting again form first row, so you have to scroll down to where you were again and again.

And yes, it is the first time I see a text editor not acceptiing Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V forcing you to use the mouse and Copy/Paste! :hyper:

About the board software not being able to re-parse previous contents of a previous version of the SAME board :w00t: I already posted, and it is NOT the first time (you remember the "nice" issue we had with links last time?) the IPB guys managed to be UNABLE to re-parse what they themselves implemented, this is SERIOUS matter, not a mere problem about users preferences or "nicer looking".

and now actual quotes become "

Wonko

#69 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:25 AM

Yes, got to love IPB innovations.. :)

#70 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:45 AM

Wonko

mentioned this issue to the IPB developers

rather, I copied your entire post there in Customer Lounge

#71 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

mentioned this issue to the IPB developers

rather, I copied your entire post there in Customer Lounge

Which noone without registering can access, not even read only.... this is called "transparency".

Hey, quotes started working again, I suspect that NOW it's a "you guys" issue. :whistling:

Wonko

#72 L A M A

L A M A

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:09 PM

...Hey, quotes started working again, I suspect that NOW it's a "you guys" issue. :whistling:

Wonko

You can certainly do things that i'm not able to... (for the moment) :whip: (there you go Nuno)
:rofl:

#73 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:01 PM

"You guys" are terrible.. :)

#74 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

The new "Download" tab with the ability to upload complete projects, looks good!

Would be nice if a field "Forum discussion topic", a field "Does not contain non-redistributables", and a field "Certified" are added.

Peter

#75 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

The new "Download" tab with the ability to upload complete projects, looks good!

A "download" tab including the ability to "upload" sounds somewhat "queer".....

Would be nice if a field "Forum discussion topic", a field "Does not contain non-redistributables", and a field "Certified" are added.

It would be even nicer if we would not need the second field at all.

Out of curiosity :innocent: :
  • Who is/will be the "Certifying Authority"? :w00t:
  • What/How will *something* be "Certified"? (I mean like "Virus-free", "Runs on platform xy", "Bloat-free", etc. :dubbio:)

Wonko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users