#1 Michael Pietroforte

Michael Pietroforte

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 660 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:21 PM

It appears that removing Windows passwords on a machine where you lost the administrator password has become my passion. Kon-Boot is probably the fastest and easiest way to remove a Windows password. All you have to do is insert the Kon-Boot boot CD, and the tool does the rest for you.

Posted Image

Shortly after the CD drive starts spinning, you will see the Kon-Boot welcome screen. At this point, you have to press a key for Kon-Boot to continue. Somehow this destroys the beauty of this tool because it would certainly be even cooler to hack Windows without touching a key.

… read more of Kon-Boot - The fastest way to remove a Windows password

Related

[/list] Copyright © 2006-2010, 4sysops, Digital fingerprint: 3db371642e7c3f4fe3ee9d5cf7666eb0

View the full article

#2 fuwi

fuwi

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 135 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:00 AM

Kon-Boot doesn't work for all Windows versions, e.g. Windows 7 64bit

fuwi

#3 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

Kon-Boot doesn't work for all Windows versions, e.g. Windows 7 64bit

fuwi

Additionally it is NOT news:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=8027

And this is a self-generated RSS feed.... so posting in here is utterly pointless...:smiling9: (the discussion is in the above)

:)
Wonko

#4 dog

dog

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:24 AM

I reckon a post with information is way less pointless than an RSS broadcast about a tool we tried in April 09.
</miaow>

#5 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

Actually, the author of the RSS feed (Michael on this case) receives an email notification for each comment made here in the forum.

Also, konboot doesn't remove the password. It allows bypassing the password authentication but doesn't even modify the password.

#6 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:53 PM

I reckon a post with information is way less pointless than an RSS broadcast about a tool we tried in April 09.
</miaow>

Sure, but a pointer to where the actual discussion and tests were made is even less pointless.

I didn't manage to convince Nuno of the utter pointlessness of having these automatic RSS feeds...., didn't even manage to get him have it's "right" title:
http://www.boot-land...showtopic=10967

"Automatic collector of posts on other people's technical blogs"

One every, say, three from Michael Pietroforte or from Agni are about things already tried, tested and discussed on the board and then "re-invented" by the bloggers: their only effect is to confuse people and giving "false hits" when searching the board. :smiling9:

Agni often links back to boot-land, Michael Pietroforte rarely if ever at all. :)

:(
Wonko

#7 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:05 PM

I didn't manage to convince Nuno of the utter pointlessness of having these automatic RSS feeds

Well, at least the "post collector" is giving you something to talk about during the slow summer times.. :smiling9:

But seriously, the original intention was gathering new-news from blogs that would contribute with something fresh and interesting to read. Lately we've indeed seen that these news are old-news to us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users