No replies to this topic

#1 Lee Sweet

Lee Sweet
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:33 PM

I've used version 2.xx up to 2.84 for a while for a number of VoIP phones for loading configuration files, and tftpd-32 is a great tool.

Now I'm installing a new phone system in a new office, and came to get the newest version, but....

I find that 3.22 and 3.20 have greatly different behavior than 2.84!

It appears (and I can't tell if it's the hardware (phones) or the software (tftpd-32) that is doing this) that with 3.xx, either the phones are requested downloads so quickly, OR tftpd is responding more quickly, that I see five attempts to send the same file in the space of a few seconds. Since the same file is being delivered to the same device many times, all or all except one fail because of collisions, etc.

Version 2.84 (and earlier ones) didn't do this; there, only one request was answered; the rest were ignored. I've tried 2.84 with the same PC and same phones, and it works perfectly.

Was this behavior intended? Or is there a setting I'm missing?

On the new feature side: the 'Log Viewer' page on 3.xx is nice (like the tftp server page on 2.xx), but:shouldn't it scroll to the bottom of the page to keep up with the file request/transmissions? It's hard to keep on scrolling to see what's going on! The 2.xx version did do this, and it's helpful.

Also, the "Tftp Server" page doesn't retain file transmissions once they are complete. I would think that would be desired, or at least an option. A history of all files delivered would be great.

In any case, thanks for a great product, and for keeping the older versions around!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users