1 reply to this topic

#1 target_practice

target_practice

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:28 AM

I'm trying to enable Kernel/boot debugging in VistaPE. I've narrowed it down (i think) to the PostConfig script, where it calls bcdedit.exe /store to set up the boot parameters, and have modified the script to set up global debugging per this article from the MSDN. However, it isn't working. I may lack understanding of ShellExecute or bcdedit in the VistaPE project.

The important lines i added:

ShellExecute,Hide,#$q%TargetDir%\Windows\System32\bcdedit.exe#$q,"/dbgsettings serial debugport:1 baudrate:115200","%WindowsDir%\system32"

ShellExecute,Hide,#$q%TargetDir%\Windows\System32\bcdedit.exe#$q,"/bootdebug on","%WindowsDir%\system32"

ShellExecute,Hide,#$q%TargetDir%\Windows\System32\bcdedit.exe#$q,"/debug on","%WindowsDir%\system32"

I execute this block in the "Process" section before the /store section, in PackBoot after the store commands, and in NoPackBoot after the store (for the moment, just to be redundant). Any ideas where i may be going wrong, and how to fix it?

#2 target_practice

target_practice

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:19 AM

Solved.

ShellExecute,Open,#$q%TargetDir%\Windows\System32\bcdedit.exe#$q,"/store #$q%TargetDir%\boot\bcd#$q /dbgsettings serial debugport:1 baudrate:115200"

ShellExecute,Open,#$q%TargetDir%\Windows\System32\bcdedit.exe#$q,"/store #$q%TargetDir%\boot\bcd#$q /bootdebug {default} on"

ShellExecute,Open,#$q%TargetDir%\Windows\System32\bcdedit.exe#$q,"/store #$q%TargetDir%\boot\bcd#$q /debug {default} on"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users