#1 Diatech

Diatech
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Hello;

I have a major complaint about ISOSel: I go to great lengths to keep my ISO's organized. This includes appropriately naming the ISO files accordingly in a unified standard as well as keeping them in a systemized folder structure. When ISOSel lists them all alphabetically.. its counter intuitive in my opinion. I blivet that it is a great option and may be something that will appeal to some users. I do not think it should not be removed, but be left as a configurable option. 

However, I DO think that the user should also have the option to browse ISOSel in a manner reflecting the same directory structure as on the ISO Stick either via a "Folder" view (think Windows Explorer) or a "Tree" view (think Windows Registry Editor).

Again, just my $0.02. All in all, ISOStick rocks, if not a bit rough around the edges.

Thank you,

Diatech

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

This includes appropriately naming the ISO files accordingly in a unified standard as well as keeping them in a systemized folder structure.

Out of pure curiosity WHICH EXACT unified standard? :unsure:

:cheers:

Wonko

#3 Diatech

Diatech
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:07 AM

Out of pure curiosity WHICH EXACT unified standard? :unsure:

Wonko

Standard may have not been the best choice. I see how it may imply a universal standard whereas the naming convention used is only standard to my ISO library.

In any case, as an example, All windows ISOs use the format : Microsoft Windows [version] [edition] ([kernel architecture]) with Service Pack [Service Pack #].

#4 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

Standard may have not been the best choice. I see how it may imply a universal standard whereas the naming convention used is only standard to my ISO library.
Yep :), "my arbitrary naming convention" would have sounded "more appropriate" ;), I was just joking, as you might well know:
The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from.
:thumbsup:

Wonko

#5 elegantinvention

elegantinvention

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 310 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

I'm picky about folders and organizing my ISOs as well, and I agree.

My focus is elsewhere at the moment, but this is in the official todo list as an option for isosel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users