#1 khan

khan

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:28 AM

Hello guys....:confused1:

I am looking for making a LIVE CD after installing WindowsXP/2000....
I just want a working Desktop with MINIMAL Hardisk Space...Winimize is a really good thing but it support Win9x only...
I don't know How to start and where to start ?
I heard a word PICO XP etc ?
Can any One give me some step by step guidelines about this particular matter?

Is there any Winimize for 32-bit operating systems...?

Thanks in advance... :confused1:

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:43 AM

Winimize is for 32 bit systems - unless you try to apply it on win31 wich really is 16bit by nature.. :confused1:

(Also heard some comments in the past that Win9x is halfway between 16 and 32 bit - calling it 24 bit.. :confused1:)

Nlite might be a good option for you - it will allow to remove a lot of unneeded functions wich a lot of ease.

Our boot land projects here are a bit more complex and mostly targeted for boot disks rather than full OS replacements.

If you're willing to try out the XP based PE projects then you can head up to the download section and get winbuilder 068 to try some of the projects like nativeEx, LiveXP and nativePE - they're all very customized PE based boot disks.

PicoXP is used for extreme solutions - it will create a 14Mb ISO but you only get a command line and NTFS support - not an everyday OS I'd say.. :confused1:

Don't also forget the "traditional" methods for creating liveCD's like bartPE, ubcd4win and Reatogo - they're all XP/2003 PE based too.

:confused1:

#3 khan

khan

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:59 AM

To be honest I never work with ubcd4win and Reatogo.....:)while I used Nlite very much....Nlite can only help me to remove Unneeded windows components....
btw, Where to get picoXP Script download etc...?
Does it provide Regedit.exe access support and software installation support....?
I don't need to Use PicoXP in everyday use....Actually i will integrate a Video Game application as a Windows Shell and would like to make it as a LIVE CD...I don't need extra support at the moment... :confused1:

Winimize is for 32 bit systems - unless you try to apply it on win31 wich really is 16bit by nature.. :confused1:

(Also heard some comments in the past that Win9x is halfway between 16 and 32 bit - calling it 24 bit.. :confused1:)

Nlite might be a good option for you - it will allow to remove a lot of unneeded functions wich a lot of ease.

Our boot land projects here are a bit more complex and mostly targeted for boot disks rather than full OS replacements.

If you're willing to try out the XP based PE projects then you can head up to the download section and get winbuilder 068 to try some of the projects like nativeEx, LiveXP and nativePE - they're all very customized PE based boot disks.

PicoXP is used for extreme solutions - it will create a 14Mb ISO but you only get a command line and NTFS support - not an everyday OS I'd say.. :confused1:
Don't also forget the "traditional" methods for creating liveCD's like bartPE, ubcd4win and Reatogo - they're all XP/2003 PE based too.

:confused1:

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:12 PM

Well.. you need to learn a few things about these boot discs.

PicoXP won't work well with regedit at all - better use a PE sized at least on 31 Mb (I say this in terms of size mostly because it will contain all necessary resources)

All other PE builds will be able to work this way for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users