Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:31 PM

Where is JFX <_<

MIA :cheers:

my interpretation of his last post and the change of his display name leaves me to believe that he needed some time away from all the drama that has been going on the last few months. Hopefully he will return when he feels developing projects here can be fun again.

#77 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:07 PM

Where is JFX <_<

Jfx return when he wish and he is of course welcome :cheers: .
I only humbly help continue its project.

Some history

JFX tried to use the Vista loader or start bar. He felt that WIN7PE_SE booted faster. This was around same time he was looking at which version of WAIK was faster..

The Vista bar work with an x86 build. But was soon lost with one of the many updates

I booted this last USB script a few times I was surprised how fast it booted.. Then I realized that it was now using the Vista bar again,,

Using this script both x86 and x64 builds use the Vista start bar

Cool..

For the Vista start bar, it is indeed faster and it must remain important.
To activate it again also with the iso script, In 1-files.Script comment the line :

//If,ExistFile,&#34;%b32%\bootres.dll&#34;,FileCopy,&#34;%b32%\bootres.dll&#34;,&#34;%t32%\&#34;
The Vista start bar is much faster with USB than iso.

#78 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

Jfx return when he wish and he is of course welcome :cheers: .
I only humbly help continue its project.

For the Vista start bar, it is indeed faster and it must remain important.
To activate it again also with the iso script, In 1-files.Script comment the line :

//If,ExistFile,&#34;%b32%\bootres.dll&#34;,FileCopy,&#34;%b32%\bootres.dll&#34;,&#34;%t32%\&#34;
The Vista start bar is much faster with USB than iso.

Doing a standard file copy and commenting out the above line
Works in VMware and uses the Vista Start bar

BUT
Doing a full file copy, I still get the Win7 flying flags in VMware , but it boots using the Vista start bar.. <_<
There is something different doing a Full file copy and a Standard file copy ...... :cheers:

Tested with a x64 and x86 builds

#79 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:21 PM

Doing a standard file copy and commenting out the above line
Works in VMware and uses the Vista Start bar

BUT
Doing a full file copy, I still get the Win7 flying flags in VMware , but it boots using the Vista start bar.. <_<
There is something different doing a Full file copy and a Standard file copy ...... <_<

Tested with a x64 and x86 builds

Strange ;)
In Full file copy, he script copies all files including bootres.dll, if you do not want the Win7 flying flags in VMware, you can delete the file bootres.dll at end of routine FileCopyFull.

If,ExistFile,&#34;%t32%\bootres.dll&#34;,FileDelete,&#34;%t32%\bootres.dll&#34;

#80 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:41 PM

Thanks NetFanTom :cheers:
I like the Timeout, I can set timeout to 0 boot right to win7SE_PE
Or increases timeout and view boot manager if needed

ChrisR thanks for the fix :cheers:
All builds I tested now use Vista Start Bar
USB booting is much faster using the timeout set to 0 and Vista start bar fix.

Thanks everyone,, :D :)

#81 NetFanTom

NetFanTom

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 117 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:15 PM

Version v.16 is out.

Download: 7-USBDeviceBCD_16.7z

you may enter menu descriptions and the Win7 flying flags appear.
The cause was that the variable locale was not put on %DistLang%.

Regards,
NetFanTom

#82 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

Thanks NetFanTom :cheers:
I like the Timeout, I can set timeout to 0 boot right to win7SE_PE
Or increases timeout and view boot manager if needed

Great works for the new script "Copy to USB-Device BCD BootMGR" :cheers:

I like also the Timeout, Thanks NetFanTom
I added it in the same way in 4-iso and 6-USBDevice.

ChrisR thanks for the fix :D
All builds I tested now use Vista Start Bar
USB booting is much faster using the timeout set to 0 and Vista start bar fix.

Thanks everyone,, :cheers: :)

Thank you PaPeuser for your detailed testing, they are precious. :sos:
And booting even faster Win7Pe_Se with the change of script 1-files and timeout.

Projects-files-iso-USBDevice.7z project updated.

#83 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:32 PM

wimb Information on Multi7PE
JFX has solved this issue to show new plugged USB drives and make visible in "My Computer" and has given registry tweak for DEFAULT hive :cheers:

It works quite well in Portable 7 PE made with Make_PE3 program.
My Computer shows new connected USB drives

http://www.911cd.net...mp;#entry164720

:D

I tested this registry key in Win7Pe_Se and it works well. Thanks a lot Jfx and wimb.
There is no need now to explorer.exe /e and to AutohotKey Win+E replacement for explorer.exe /e.

RegWrite,&#34;HKLM&#34;,0x4,&#34;WB-default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced&#34;,&#34;SeparateProcess&#34;,&#34;1&#34;
Projects_computer.7z project updated.

#84 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:59 PM

ChrisR
One other little thing :cheers:
No one else report this as a problem .............................
When doing Win7 x64 builds Winbuilder Halts with error

FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\Win7PE_SE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\Win7PE_SE\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll]: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

So I have been unchecking WB tools, Stop Build on Errors
I have tried commented out ntdll.dll in Copy Files lines 791 and 384 and build goes fine.
But doing a few searches in Google this file maybe important. :D

#85 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:23 PM

ChrisR

FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\Win7PE_SE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\Win7PE_SE\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll]: The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

I have tried commented out ntdll.dll in Copy Files lines 791 and 384 and build goes fine.

I have not seen this problem, during x64 or x86 build :cheers: . No worries for me !!!

Perhaps Explorer open on the temp folder ? antivirus ? I don't know.

#86 Rui Paz

Rui Paz

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:40 PM

ChrisR

Hi PaPeuser,

By any change did you try to build several different Winbuilder projects during the same working session?

I got similar problems if i run different projects during the same working session, it seems imagex start having problems accessing some files inside the mounted wim files if different imagex versions are used on different projects. Running projects that use wimutil like Amalux project and then running Win7PE_SE gives me troubles, a reboot is needed to solve this.

___
Rui Paz

#87 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:03 PM

Hi Rui Paz
Yes!!! :cheers:

That is how this started .. Now it has become a regular problem. I can reboot and still have the same error messages..

I know of the problem with Win7PE_SE and MakePE3.
I build both regularly as both projects are updated all the time. And I reboot with no problem
I build the Maxs Leopard project
I download and test a lot of scripts..

After 100s of builds its time to reload my build machine
My host is a Win7 x64 so I thought the mapped file error has something to do with my machine But only errors with a Win7PE_SE x64 build
:cheers: :D

Edited after checking a build that file is copied. its just a error WB reports..
let me look into this some more

#88 Rui Paz

Rui Paz

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:46 PM

Hi,

I forget to mention some times i also got some disk errors, its good idea to run chkdsk E: /f /x on the disk/partition where the mount of the wim's takes place.

#89 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:48 AM

Hi,

I forget to mention some times i also got some disk errors, its good idea to run chkdsk E: /f /x on the disk/partition where the mount of the wim's takes place.

Rui Paz
I ran a check disk and no errors were reported
BUT
First build ran without error, the second build same error

Just wanted you all to know the ntdll.dll error is my problem not Win7PE_SE

Be back after I reinstall … :cheers:

#90 NetFanTom

NetFanTom

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 117 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:44 AM

Posted Image
Version v.17 is out.
Download: 7-USBDeviceBCD_17.7z

Added Run Script and locale setting.

Regards,
NetFanTom

#91 Rootman

Rootman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

Whew! I thought I was going nuts! Got it now.

Fixed two things, the timeout AND my forum view. Either it changed in the last update or I accidently set it that way - I hated it but never found a way to change it till today.

Thanks!

#92 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:19 PM

Hi
ChrisR and NetFanTom
Thanks for all your updates
Everything is working fine.. :cheers: :cheers:

#93 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:28 AM

Ludovici proposed a modified script 1-explorer, with many options.
- working small and very small icons.
- integrated shutdown and Reboot :cheers: . Thanks Ludovici and Vvurat.
- And many others.

I modified a bit the script 1-explorer, the interface and starting for Win7Pe_Se.

For use in Win7Pe, you must disable (some duplicated options) the "explorer setting" script (in tweaks).
To test the intagrated shutdown and reboot, you must disable the option "Remove Start Menu Shutdown Button" from ShutdownPe or disable the scipt. I did the first test in VmWare build 86, it works well :D .
Thanks for testing.

There are a lot of option, I do not know whether to keep everything.
For information, Kaspersky detect the program reboot.dl as malware (False alarm).
Is it also detected as Malware by other antivirus ?

1-explorer.7z project updated.

#94 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

Hi ChrisR

I tested both x86 and x64 builds. No problems :cheers: :D
I just disabled ShutdownPE to test

With options
Everyone likes options to personalize their builds. :sos:
There are too many options to test all possible combinations!! :cheers:
Default settings should build and boot.

Wonko the Sane has a rule,, (I do not know what # this rule is,) :)
But
Download packages should build and boot first time when a proper source is selected.
I am sure you will hear about any problems as time goes on.

Thanks to many.... :cheers:

#95 magic12kenneth

magic12kenneth

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

Hi,

I'm using the latest build Win7PE_SE 2010_10_05 with the Windows 7 DVD Ultimate x86 source. Sometimes I either one of this two errors:

I/O error 32: [FileCopy,"%i32%\dhcp*.dll","%t32%"]

I/O error 145: [FileCopy,%i32%\ole*.dll,%t32%\]

I traced to Explorer Shell script under Shell. I tested with previous Wind7PE_SE and it works fine.

Update: I find the solution to my problem. I have always use a iso mounter to mount my windows 7 dvd iso and use that as the source. However, if I copy the windows 7 dvd to hard drive, everythings works.
Ken

Edited by magic12kenneth, 16 October 2010 - 08:12 PM.

#96 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:32 PM

Ludovici proposed a modified script 1-explorer, with many options.
- working small and very small icons.
- integrated shutdown and Reboot :cheers: . Thanks Ludovici and Vvurat.
- And many others.

I modified a bit the script 1-explorer, the interface and starting for Win7Pe_Se.

For use in Win7Pe, you must disable (some duplicated options) the "explorer setting" script (in tweaks).
To test the intagrated shutdown and reboot, you must disable the option "Remove Start Menu Shutdown Button" from ShutdownPe or disable the scipt. I did the first test in VmWare build 86, it works well :D .
Thanks for testing.

There are a lot of option, I do not know whether to keep everything.
For information, Kaspersky detect the program reboot.dl as malware (False alarm).
Is it also detected as Malware by other antivirus ?

1-explorer.7z

I like the options for the task bar and icon sizes but I think the start menu options are a bit much
things like
  • show netpalces
  • show admin tools
  • show my docs
  • show my games
  • show help
  • show my music
  • set program access and defaults
  • show my pics
  • command prompt start menu folder/name
IMHO are pretty much useless in a PE environment having these not only clutter the start menu/script interface but add confusion to users and unneeded complexity to the script resulting in a longer processing time when building. having multiple options just of the sake of having options to try and cover every conceivable individual users wants is a major downfall of LiveXP, which is an excellent project but extremity complex and hard for ordinary users to get a working build simply because of the number of configurations.

projects should be kept as simple as possible and base configured for 90% of the user base. the other 10% (aka those like us) will no doubt hack away their personal copies of the projects to fulfill their individual needs regardless of the number of options available.

as far as the "integrated shutdown" do we have some more information on where these files come from or how they work? I can't speak for everyone here on bootland but when I see a program that has to be resident in memory to work, comes from a strange author (aka not a member of bootland or another known/trusted community) in a Russian forum (which I and many others can't read), Google knows nothing besides this topic mentions the name of the program, and to top things off sets off multiple virus alerts (regardless of whether or not there is a virus or just because it is compressed with PEcompact) this caused a bit of apprehension on my part. does anybody know any more information on the author/method/etc?

-Homes32

#97 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:19 PM

I like the options for the task bar and icon sizes but I think the start menu options are a bit much
things like

• show netpalces
  • show admin tools
  • show my docs
  • show my games
  • show help
  • show my music
  • set program access and defaults
  • show my pics
  • command prompt start menu folder/name
IMHO are pretty much useless in a PE environment having these not only clutter the start menu/script interface but add confusion to users and unneeded complexity to the script resulting in a longer processing time when building. having multiple options just of the sake of having options to try and cover every conceivable individual users wants is a major downfall of LiveXP, which is an excellent project but extremity complex and hard for ordinary users to get a working build simply because of the number of configurations.

projects should be kept as simple as possible and base configured for 90% of the user base. the other 10% (aka those like us) will no doubt hack away their personal copies of the projects to fulfill their individual needs regardless of the number of options available.

as far as the "integrated shutdown" do we have some more information on where these files come from or how they work? I can't speak for everyone here on bootland but when I see a program that has to be resident in memory to work, comes from a strange author (aka not a member of bootland or another known/trusted community) in a Russian forum (which I and many others can't read), Google knows nothing besides this topic mentions the name of the program, and to top things off sets off multiple virus alerts (regardless of whether or not there is a virus or just because it is compressed with PEcompact) this caused a bit of apprehension on my part. does anybody know any more information on the author/method/etc?

-Homes32

Thank you for your opinion even if I do not share any.

The project should be kept as simple as possible with a default configuration and should boot correctly and quickly at first time. But everyone loves to personalize their builds. All options of this script just write few registry key that gives no problem on build and startup.

WinBuilder allows (unlike the very good PEBuilder, XPE, UBCD4Win, ... that you probably use before, remenber inf in z-Custom), to provide a convenient interface for each. To simplify this, an interface on two screens with the main options and a second for additional options, can help to satisfy everyone. As you done with shutdownPe (I use it with pleasure).
All the Many Start Menu Icons are not necessary except for some advanced users will be put on the additional options screen with enable security table, Iso date, Previous tab, sharing tab, addfile column attribut.

For command prompt start menu folder/name, I use it for the French translation (Accesoires - Invite de commandes).
All shortcuts Folder and Name in this project are in input field for this. I prefer to keep it on the main screen.

For the integrated shutdown and reboot options in Explorer shell, I'm a little embarrassing, because it is a good expected idea and solution that works.
In fact we would like it to be a little more transparent and documented.

I tried several antivirus online it is okey for Bitdefender, Computer associates, Eset, McAfee, Symantec, Trend Micro.
and a virus was found for Fsecure, Kaspersky, Panda.
I think these are false alarms, but it is indeed annoying for sharing Win7Pe_Se if some build may fail for this.
If our Russian colleague, that develops itself on Windows 7 PE, hear this !!!. It already shares these developments, if he would take a little of his precious time to make it more open !!! It can give also ideas for other.

A bit difficult for me to answer with my little English.
Chris

#98 Rui Paz

Rui Paz

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:27 PM

Hi,

I also agree with Homes when building Scripts its necessary to choose carefully what options make sense to have on script interface or we end up replicating the program interface to set options...

About the integrated shutdown, the best solution would be PEShell take care of that (i read somewhere the shell loader needs to intercept the call to shutdown) but i don't see any new version available...
Maybe we need to replace the shell loader...

#99 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

ChrisR you do what you think is best :dubbio:

Maybe others should just use (Win7PE_SE had been continued) or (Multi Win7PE) and not (Win7PE_SE Release)

Here a link to Win7PE_SE had been continued

Heres one to Multi Win7PE

Have fun........

#100 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:33 AM

I agree with ChrisR and Papeuser,
having available options customizable through interface at hand is very good.
I agree with PaPeuser, the only base project with simple design around is JFX's Multi7PE_SE continuing yahoouk's Multi7PE . Both are fine for anyone to start from an empty page, even more empty, start from begining like wimb's Make PE3 if it suits anyone ;)

And I like options on ChrisR explorer script, they are not exagarated and gives only optional ones to suit end user style, other settings are inside script without being optional which I also believe they suppose to be that way. (and good note taking ;) )
Keeping short:
I am pretty sure re-organisations will take place on explorer script thingies in time since this is how life goes.
It is much simpler not using explorer shell :P

I agree Rui Paz about being carelfull when organising these options. ;)

About the integrated shutdown, the best solution would be PEShell take care of that (i read somewhere the shell loader needs to intercept the call to shutdown) but i don't see any new version available...

You can ask Pierre Mounir the features you are looking for.
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=8542
He is not posting actively around + it seems he appears and disappears time to time ;) Good luck.
As far as I know, trouble of Pierre Mounir is not being able to compile many utilities he publish to x64 today, but since JFX provide wow64 available to everyproject I do not think this will be a big problem. I hope Pierre have time to follow your request. :dubbio:

Maybe we need to replace the shell loader...

Why not ;) :hi:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users