3 replies to this topic

#1 mrvanes

mrvanes
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:54 AM

I just tried to boot a HP Proliant DL360 server from ISOstick, but it failed to recognise the CDROM drive. I know the ISOstick is configured correctly because I can boot isosel and selected ISO on another computer. FW 1574 iirc.
The server boots from a physical CDROM drive in the same USB port.

Edited by mrvanes, 20 August 2012 - 09:02 AM.

#2 elegantinvention

elegantinvention

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 310 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

Thanks for the report, you're not the first to have issues with isostick on a DL360. I suspect the DL360 doesn't like the fact that isostick presents two drives.
I don't have a DL360 handy to test, but when this feature gets added it can be used to test that: http://reboot.pro/15503/#entry159407

#3 mrvanes

mrvanes
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

I don't have the DL360 within reach anymore, but I trust it will get fixed at any point in the future.

#4 Bytebender

Bytebender
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

I received my ISO sticks today and I tested also with an HP DL360 G5 Server. First I had also problem to boot from the stick. The Problem was it always boots from the hard drive. Even if I changed the boot order. So I removed the DVD drive and used the raid bios to delete the array. After this I configured a new array. So the system partition was deleted. After this the system was able to boot from the stick. For me it looks like a problem with the boot order. The system boot only from ISO stick if no other possibility is available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users