57 replies to this topic

#51 kvarkk

kvarkk

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Russian Federation

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:22 AM

It works now! I've added dependencies for pdh.dll, pdhui.dll and hid.dll to provide the 64-bit compatibility. Tested on Win7PE SE x64 - works fine.

You just need to modify the script [DeployFx] section as follows:

[DeployFx]
Require_FileQ,hid.dll
Require_FileQ,pdh.dll
Require_FileQ,pdhui.dll
Require_FileQ,pdh.dll.mui
Require_FileQ,pdhui.dll.mui

The new script version can be downloaded from The Oven forum.

Edited by pscEx, 22 October 2015 - 01:25 PM.
On wish of the author who cannot edit as new member

#52 Mikka

Mikka

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 175 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 24 October 2015 - 07:14 PM

Version 16 - available here - will also do. ;)

• Brito likes this

#53 kvarkk

kvarkk

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Russian Federation

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:44 AM

Thank you, Mikka! The new script is much less in size than the previous version. Some optimizations were made?

#54 Mikka

Mikka

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 175 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:17 AM

Yes.

I removed an old gimmick which wasn't that important (and which can be substituted), so the script became smaller.

Besides that, several optimisations were made, mainly due to changes to Firefox starting from version 40.

Mozilla makes it more and more difficult to fully deploy Firefox, I expect further problems as of the version 44 (signature enforcement).

This might break the script's add-on integration ...

#55 Rootman

Rootman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 382 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:33 PM

Thanks Mikka!  Your work on this is invaluable.

I went another route concerning the X64 version issues.  A while back  found a cool little browser called Pale Moon and it comes in X86 and X64 versions in the portable app.  I downloaded and unpacked it onto a USB stick and tried it on my Win 10 PESE X64 build while it was running, surprisingly it works quite well. So I made a quick plugin for it and now I use it on my Win 10 X64 PE.  I was just needing a small browser (other than Opera) for my X64 build of PE 10. All my other X64 (7 and 8.1) have  IE.  Your Mozilla Universal works fine for all my X86 builds.

#56 Mikka

Mikka

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 175 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:16 PM

Well, stay tuned, better x64 compatibility is on my agenda as well.

Unfortunately, there's a bunch of things to pay attention to, e.g. the upcoming x64 Firefox version or the "splendid" signature enforcement for add-ons. Some of these will—negatively—affect the Firefox universal script but I'll try to fix what I can.

I also tried Pale Moon in a VM, I like its improved localisation, but when it comes to performance I don't think it's faster than Firefox.

Maybe I should give Cyberfox a go, haven't found the time to check it out...

#57 kvarkk

kvarkk

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Russian Federation

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:54 AM

Maybe I should give Cyberfox a go, haven't found the time to check it out...

Cyberfox is cool, as well as Palemoon. Both work fast, are natively portable and has a sync feature. Palemoon is much smaller in size, while Cyberfox, as I suspect, is better optimized - there're versions for both Intel and AMD x86 and x64 processors. But 4 versions for various CPUs and architectures are a bit confusing. 

#58 Mikka

Mikka

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 175 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:29 PM

Seems that things are getting more complicated with x64 builds ... ;)

When I began to create the Firefox universal script, I also had one PC box with 1 GB of RAM as test environment.

PE builds had to be small and plugins for Firefox (e.g. Flash)/additional extensions weren't acceptable back then.

I don't know if my most important Firefox add-ons/plugins today also work in a x64 installation.

I'll have a look for the upcoming 64 bit version of Firefox.

And by the way, if you do encounter errors using version 16 for x64 builds, please let me know.

For the nonce, I test neither Win8.1SEx64 nor Win10PEx64.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: win8.1se

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users