1 reply to this topic

#1 jakabhai

jakabhai
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2019 - 01:25 AM

As the title says, I'm unable to boot my windows 10 pc in either mode.

Problem started 4 days ago when it was applying an update and froze completely. Afterwards I had to reboot it the hard way by killing power. When it came to it had to undo its changes.

At that point the pc wouldn't run for more than 10 minutes without freezing completely or BSOD error: DRICER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with a file name of Netwbw02.sys. I ended up updating that driver and that problem subsided but the pc would still freeze.

I then decided to try to reset the PC by making a bootable USB drive with the windows media maker tool. This did not work for various reasons unknown with various errors. I ended up downloading the ISO for windows 10 and using RUFUS to mount that onto the drive.

By this time the pc would not boot into safe mode or normal mode so I tried to boot with the newly made USB drive. I got to the initial menu and chose: Upgrade: Install windows and keep files, settings, and applications but i get the message "The upgrade isn't available if you start your computer using windows installation media. If a copy if windows is already installed on this computer and you want to upgrade remote the installation media and restart your computer. After windows has started normally insert the installation media and run windows setup".

So I cant boot windows at all without the drive and it wont let me reinstall or start from scratch. Do I have

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 September 2019 - 03:25 PM

Is it in any way later than the one on the tool's original homepage? :dubbio:

https://rufus.ie/

https://rufus.ie/downloads/

And no, no need to reply, it was a rhetorical question: