chrome browser firefox ff cr cache caching

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xyBogli

xyBogli

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:31 PM

Nomather what setup I try ( I haven't tweaked that much setting from about:config I have to admit), I can't seem to make Firefox even half time faster than Chrome, even when both my Profile, Browser's cache et system cache running on my ImDisk RAMDrive ...

Anyone here experience the same ?

If not, what are the Firefox's "inner" configs you've tweaker to reach a speed equal to the Chrome browser ?

(both my brower have similar number of plugin/extension, except that my chrome is not set to use my RAM for its cache, neither for its Profile...

#2 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:57 PM

The Chrome browser makes a backup of visited pages (tons of GB) on your PC to make it look faster, use CCleaner Free (just Google for it) and do a full clean of system, including actual TEMP files (in advanced settings), and then check again how fast is each one.

#3 xyBogli

xyBogli

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:09 AM

The Chrome browser makes a backup of visited pages (tons of GB) on your PC to make it look faster, use CCleaner Free (just Google for it) and do a full clean of system, including actual TEMP files (in advanced settings), and then check again how fast is each one.

Actually, here's a claim I assume to make: I don't belive in system cleanup ...

There must be something else... something actually useful.. CCleaner ? .. c'mon... like I didn't do that twice a thousand time already...

Edited by Boogyxy, 28 January 2016 - 01:10 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chrome, browser, firefox, ff, cr, cache, caching

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users