#1 hawkinf

hawkinf
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hi!

I received yesterday my isostick, and i am trying to make it work correctly, but i am getting an issue:

I am using a 32GB A-DATA class 10, formated with FAT32 (factory formated), and i used the following directory structure:

\config

isosel.bin

iso_filename.txt

\iso

<here comes some isos i put>

The problem:

- When i edit the iso_filename.txt content as i.e. \iso\MT420.iso after some seconds it pops up that a new disk was inserted, i can see the contents in the Windows.

- But when i reboot my machine it starts the MT420.iso always, the isosel menu does not appear, not matter how many times i reboot always the selected iso_filename.txt content starts. 

Are there any key i must have to press for isosel menu appears? Or what am i doing wrong?

#2 elegantinvention

elegantinvention

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 310 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

I suspect this is an issue often seen on Dell machines and some UEFI machines. This is resolved by an update to be released soon, details here: https://trello.com/c/yJq7zMvj  The original method to get isosel to work was clever, but some BIOSes are incompatible with it.

For completeness, however, would you mind listing the make, model, and BIOS version of the computer(s) this was tested on?

:cheers:

#3 taa

taa

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

When i edit the iso_filename.txt content as i.e. \iso\MT420.iso after some seconds it pops up that a new disk was inserted, i can see the contents in the Windows.

This is normal. Windows is using its AutoPlay feature (NOT the same as AutoRun) and detecting the MT420.iso as a CDROM. This means the isostick is correctly processing iso_filename.txt

You listed this under "The problem" but is it really a problem? If needed, you can turn AutoPlay off. See http://tinyurl.com/lcra8lt

#4 hawkinf

hawkinf
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:27 PM

Hi Eric,

My motherboard is a no brand-pc, with an ASUS P8Z68V-PRO, the BIOS is an AMI EFI version 3603 from 11/09/2012

When i boot with isostick i can select Elegant Invention CDROM or UEFI option from the same, but only the NO UEFI works, but as i said it only boots the iso_filename.txt selected file.

I will wait for the update.

taa, yes i know that the autoplay is not a problem, i just wanted to tell the steps i am doing :)

Edited by hawkinf, 16 June 2013 - 11:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users