pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:49 AM

Here is the updated script...

i also noticed that the help is not working, to fix this copy (or move) the files

ERDCMDR.CNT
ERDCMDR.RTF

from system32 to the winre folder...then they will be found and displayed..

Attached Files

#29 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:05 PM

thanks I found very easy to use the MSDart Explorer to change the permission on file and set user and groups. ActiveIso new version of bootdisk, is another alternative..

#30 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:30 AM

The current winre fixes boot problem for me fine (deleted bootmgr, deleted boot folder)...

It is sometimes needed to run the repair twice and to also reboot between repairs...as far as i know this is normal...

can anyone veryfy this? Thanks!

#31 ireneuszp

ireneuszp

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:22 PM

New version Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset 6.5 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
is ready

Release Notes for Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset 6.5

Attached Files

#32 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:37 PM

New version Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset 6.5 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
is ready

Release Notes for Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset 6.5

now guess who has it ready :confused1: .

#33 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:41 PM

ireneuszp,
it's the nth time you post links or give hints how to procure files through "unconventional channels".

You should have learned by now. :confused1:

People can get it (if eligible) through "official" means:
http://blogs.technet...-available.aspx

jaclaz

#34 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:17 PM

Support has been added for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, and support has been removed for all older operating systems.

Support taken off for older systems. That blows.

#35 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:06 AM

Support taken off for older systems. That blows.

yes . now we ll have to maintain 2 CD's for vista , 2k8 and 7 . :cheers:

#36 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:18 AM

but in this case MsDart can be foolished in order to let it guessing we are using another OS ;P

#37 XICO2KX

XICO2KX

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:09 AM

Here is the updated script...
i also noticed that the help is not working, to fix this copy (or move) the files
ERDCMDR.CNT
ERDCMDR.RTF
from system32 to the winre folder...then they will be found and displayed..

Great work, ctmag! ;)
Btw, does your plugin support the new MSDaRT v6.5 too? :drunk:
And does it work as a script for Win7PE? ;)

#38 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:24 AM

Should work with 6.5 as well...6.5 has some extra files...make sure they are copied...

#39 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:40 PM

Great work, ctmag! :)
Btw, does your plugin support the new MSDaRT v6.5 too? :drunk:
And does it work as a script for Win7PE? :)

Note that his script is an older version of the script I recommended that you try over at http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=84223. It does not include ERDLogon so you can run DART tools without running WinRE first, and it will require the same modification I noted in that post.

It would be nice to have some feedback. Have you tried my suggestion?

#40 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:41 PM

Should work with 6.5 as well...6.5 has some extra files...make sure they are copied...

I don't suppose you have a list of them hanging around?

#41 XICO2KX

XICO2KX

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:15 AM

Note that his script is an older version of the script I recommended that you try over at http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=84223. It does not include ERDLogon so you can run DART tools without running WinRE first, and it will require the same modification I noted in that post.

It would be nice to have some feedback. Have you tried my suggestion?

Hi JonF! :cheers:
I had already tried the WinRE script on VistaPE and it worked fine! :dubbio:
I'll comment the lines you mentioned and test it on Win7PE and I'll report here the results! :cheers:

#42 ramian

ramian

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    Singapore

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:21 PM

Hi,
I've been trying to get the MSDaRT 6.0 files included with the WinRE.script but am facing a problem when VistaPE boots. Will give thorough explanation below:

1) I extracted the .msi install files from the latest MDOP (from Technet) for v6.0 of MSDaRT and created the directory structure according to the explanation in the WinRE script (downloaded through WinBuilder).

2) Selected the folder in the .script interface and built VistaPE (from Vista SP2 files). Host is Win7 x86. WAIK is Vista's (Win7 WAIK was too slow for me).

3) Tested in VBOX and on a Thinkpad through USB and I get to the screen where NetStart asks to set up network in the background. Regardless of whether I press Yes or No, it hangs there for a while and then restarts without the box which asks for target OS popping up. The standard WinRE (without the extra MSDaRT files) loads up fine.

4) I've tested the actual MSDaRT generated ISO and everything works smoothly from there.

5) I've removed all apps from my build to see if there was any interference, but nada. I've attached the latest log file. Attached File  log.7z   92.99KB   701 downloads

Would appreciate some advice on how get MSDaRT working.

If I can eventually get it working, is it at all possible to have the Recovery Environment for both Vista and Windows 7 (including the respective MSDaRT files) running from VistaPE?

I've tried approaching this from the wim file angle by merging the boot.wim from the WinRE iso files using imagex /export, but the resulting boot.wim file boots straight into the Win7 RE without giving a choice of Vista or Win7. I think I can figure out how to boot multiple wim files through grub4dos, so that'll probably be the last resort to being able to access both Vista's and Win7's RE from the same disc.

Thanks!

#43 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:17 AM

3) Tested in VBOX and on a Thinkpad through USB and I get to the screen where NetStart asks to set up network in the background.

I don't understand this part. VistaPE doesn't do that. The MS-DART ISO does that. What ISO are you booting?

#44 ramian

ramian

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    Singapore

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:24 AM

Hi JonF,

Thanks for the quick reply. I kinda guessed VistaPE didn't do that, but that is what I got when I included the MSDaRT files in the script and booted the vistape.iso file. If I removed the netstart.exe file from the system32 folder, the prompt to start network detection in the background never comes up, but neither does the standard winpeinit box pop-up to show the detection of hal and the loading of inf files. It still restarts after a while. Looking through the winre.script also didn't reveal the addition of any autostart items also.

Did the log file that I had attached reveal anything? Is there anyway I can log/monitor what is happening during the startup to figure out what is wrong?

Thanks!

#45 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:21 PM

The log file didn't reveal anything. I sure don't knwo how you got netlogon to run, I've never seen that.

Perhaps you copied explorer.exe from MS-DART and didn't rename it, thereby overwriting Windows' explorer.exe?

#46 ramian

ramian

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    Singapore

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:16 PM

Perhaps you copied explorer.exe from MS-DART and didn't rename it, thereby overwriting Windows' explorer.exe?

I had in-fact not renamed the MSDaRT explorer.exe when I tried it because someone else had mentioned that it wasn't really necessary. Anyway, I found out that it didn't really make much of a difference.
1) All the script files were re-downloaded from vistape.winbuilder.net and VistaPE was re-built from scratch.
2) The MSDaRT explorer.exe was renamed in different ways (Erdlorer.exe, Exploder.exe, Explored.exe. etc) and the one reference in MSDartTools.exe was changed accordingly.
3) MSDaRT explorer.exe was deleted at source.
4) Not using Windows Explorer as the shell while keeping the MSDaRT explorer unchanged.
None of these things that I tried allowed VistaPE to boot properly through initialization of peinit. Every single time, NetStart would load asking to load network in the background followed by a forced restart.

Any ideas?

#47 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:41 PM

Boy, that's crazy. Give me some time to think about it, I'm very busy right now.

#48 ramian

ramian

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    Singapore

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:40 PM

I finally managed to get it working by extracting the required files from the MSDaRT ISO instead of uni-extracting them from the msi installer. Should have exactly followed the instructions instead of trying to take shortcuts. Though I can't imagine why this would be so as they seem identical to me, but I got it working and that's good enough for me.

I hope this is the right place to post this question... is it possible to run the WinRE/MSDaRT for Win7 alongside that for Vista from within VistaPE?

Thanks!

Edit: Actually, the only thing I would like working is the system file scanner. If I can somehow copy all the required files from a Windows 7 disc and use the SfcScan.exe from MSDaRT 6.5, that would be perfect.

#49 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:10 PM

Aha! Glad you got it working, although I still odn't understand.

You can't run 'em side by side in Vista PE, MS-DART 6.5 does not run in Vista (I tried). Possibly in a Win7 based project. I haven't tried that. Of course you'd have to handle the file name issue.

#50 rocketero

rocketero

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 155 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:05 AM

I tried to install this script on win7rescuepe build, and it installs fine BUT once the iso image is created, the machine boots and the msdart 6.5 network starts and it interrupts the normal win7rescuepe boot, and I can run all the msdart 6.5 functions but I can not get out of it, only option to get out is RESTART or SHUTDOWN.

;) ;)

Posted Image

I need to disable the auto-start of msdart 6.5. I don't know scripting so I reviewed the script but have not idea where or what to change/add/delete.

as you see in the graphic, the win7rescuepe machine does not complete the boot process so not task bar or icons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users