• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

TheFog

Maybe it is time to recap.

You posted:

Yippee I have got the floppy program to load using grub4dos.  The ISO I made using the HBCD customizer had the incorrect filepath in the menu.lst

I did try chainloader /EuroDOS.sys and that didn't work using ImgBurn - I found that from your grub4dos tutorial.

What is still NOT at all clear, is WHAT works WHERE, and HOW  (i.e. EVERYTHING).

I mean, if you are burning a CD/ISO, you need to specifiy what program you are using (should be mkisofs.exe) and which EXACT command line are you using with it.

Then you need to specify WHICH speciifc menu.lst entry (or set of commands) do work (if they work) and which do not (if they do not).

Then you need to specify WHICH speciifc isolinux and/or syslinux .cfg  entry (or set of commands) do work (if they work) and which do not (if they do not).

Also specify the EXACT version of BOTH the grub4dos and Syslinux/Isolinux/memdisk you tried.

A report like this:

Sorry. What I meant to say was if I try to boot the floppy image chainloading grub4dos from isolinux on a DVD it fails to boot the floppy image, hence this thread. The chainload does work though using syslinux and a pen drive. Also Sha0 I haven't returned your pm yet for a reason but will do so in due course. Cheers!

is of NO use :ph34r: unless you specify in the uttermost DETAIL HOW EXACTLY you are carrying the action that fails (or viceversa the one that succeeds).

:cheers:

Wonko

#27 TheFog

TheFog

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

To Wonko I have recapitulated as you have asked. You are right Deaks did ask 'how' I did it. At the moment I'm working 18 hours a day and made my last two posts on my telephone when I had a few minutes to spare. I have some well deserved rest at the weekend due at the end of this week and am happy to oblige to your requests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users