TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4198 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:11 AM

Micro Center  •  Winbook Tablet - black screen  • wont start • Fix

Winbook  is not turning on at all

/Quote

Took me a bit to figure out where to start with trying to open the case, but this worked for me as well.

I used my fingernail,you can use nail file on nail clippler, or a thin piece of metal/plastic along the long edge of the tablet. There is a very thin line that separates the front and back of the case (for reference, the power / volume buttons are part of the front of the case, the rear is on the other side of the thin line); by running your nail down the middle of the edge and applying some pressure you should be able to feel a space between some clips. Insert your nail carefully and then slide it in either direction and you should be able to get the clips to pop. Work your way along the entire side you started on, along the bottom of the tablet, and then up the other long side leaving the top for last. Once the two sides and bottom are released, open the back cover using the top like a hinge and swing the back cover away from the usb/audio ports.

You will see a thin foil like heat sink and the battery is underneath. You don't need to pull the battery itself out, just disconnect it from the main board. A piece of tape might be covering the power connector. Remove the tape gently. There is a single connector with 5 wires along one side with a couple of red / white / and black wires. Just gently pull up on that connection and it should release without too much effort. Wait a minute, re-seat the connection, and hopefully your tablet will come back to life (mine did). You can test the power button to see if it comes to life while the back is still open but I HIGHLY recommend AGAINST that for fear something else could drop into it and short something out.

Reattach the back cover by fit-ting (for some reason the MC forum sees "f i t t i n g" as a dirty "w o r d" (really, "w o r d" gets replaced too?)) the back panel over the ports on the top of the tablet first, close it like a hinge, make sure it is fairly well lined up, and gently squeeze the cover back together.

/end Quote

Original

http://www.mctsol.co...php?f=55&t=1110

Took me a bit to figure out where to start with trying to open the case, but this worked for me as well.

I used my fingernail along the long edge of the tablet. There is a very thin line that separates the front and back of the case (for reference, the power / volume buttons are part of the front of the case, the rear is on the other side of the thin line); by running your nail down the middle of the edge and applying some pressure you should be able to feel a space between some clips. Insert your nail carefully and then slide it in either direction and you should be able to get the clips to pop. Work your way along the entire side you started on, along the bottom of the tablet, and then up the other long side leaving the top for last. Once the two sides and bottom are released, open the back cover using the top like a hinge and swing the back cover away from the usb/audio ports.

You will see a thin foil like heat sink and the battery is underneath. You don't need to pull the battery itself out, just disconnect it from the main board. There is a single connector with 5 wires along one side with a couple of red / white / and black wires. Just gently pull up on that connection and it should release without too much effort. Wait a minute, re-seat the connection, and hopefully your tablet will come back to life (mine did). You can test the power button to see if it comes to life while the back is still open but I HIGHLY recommend AGAINST that for fear something else could drop into it and short something out.

Reattach the back cover by fit-ting (for some reason the MC forum sees "f i t t i n g" as a dirty "w o r d" (really, "w o r d" gets replaced too?)) the back panel over the ports on the top of the tablet first, close it like a hinge, make sure it is fairly well lined up, and gently squeeze the cover back together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users