alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:50 AM

I found an interesting info I want to share with you:

Windows 10 collects and saves your activity history both on your computer and to the cloud, from browsing history to location information to everything in between. Luckily Microsoft makes it easy to see all the data that is being stored, and also makes it easy to delete it.

What Data Does Windows 10 Track?

The data that Windows collects includes:

Edge browsing history
Bing search history
Location data (if it's enabled)
Cortana voice commands
If you use Microsoft's HealthVault or the Microsoft Band device, any activity collected through that service is also stored. Microsoft says it collects this data in order to provide you with more relevant results and content that is of interest to you.

How to Delete Windows 10 Activity History

You can easily see what data has been stored and how to delete it. There are two ways you can clear your activity history: either directly within your computer's settings or in your Microsoft cloud account. To do it on your computer, do the following:

Go to Settings > Privacy > Activity History.
Under Clear Activity History, click the Clear button.
If you want to prevent Windows from continuing to collect this data, under Collect Activities toggle off the option: Let Windows collect my activities.

How to View Windows 10 Activity History

Go to Settings > Privacy > Activity History and click Manage my activity info.

A browser window will open up, and you may be prompted to log into your account if you aren't already logged in. You can also reach this page by going to account.microsoft.com/privacy/activity-history.

Here, you should see your data divided into the categories listed above: Browsing History, Search History, Location Activity, Voice Activity, Cortana's Notebook, and Health Activity. You can view and clear data in each section, by clicking the clear data button that corresponds with each section, and click the button confirming that you want to delete it.

You can also click on the Activity History tab to will view a full list of all data types: voice, search, browsing history, and location information. Microsoft also makes it easy to filter down to each category by clicking on it.

Source: https://www.gadgetsn...ow/62102726.cms

What do you think about this?

alacran

• Brito likes this

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:09 PM

My take is that the name of the actual Registry Key involved is revealing:

https://www.tenforum...ndows-10-a.html

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

PublishUserActivities DWORD

0 = Disable
1 = Enable

PublishUserActivities :w00t: :ph34r:

:duff:

Wonko

#3 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:11 PM

I was thinking it was another lie.  This is the actual behavior of the people in that company they lie you and make you think you disable something but in fact you don't.

Yes you are right, if the name of Registry Key had been TrackUserActivities or CollectUserActivities, then when you disable it no more Tracking or Collecting is done.

But with the actual name PublishUserActivities when you disable it, means only no more publishing (to you) is done, but it do not means in any way Tracking or Collecting is stoped.  Here you can see lawyers hand.   It is very evident they are covering themselves just in case, because they are not going to stop collecting that info, they are just making you believe they do with the appropriate use of words.

alacran

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users