v77

Silver Member

• Team Reboot
  • 602 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

Hello!

Maybe anybody know how to start ram-disk (imdisk) with delay (on windows startup)?

I configure my RAM-disk with RamDiskUI.exe

As you use RamDiskUI from the Toolkit, you can delay the startup of the service with the following command, in an elevated command prompt:
sc config ImDiskRD start= delayed-auto
(requires Windows Vista or later, and I don't know whether the delay is configurable)

• yfau@freealtgen.com likes this

#77 heyricardo

heyricardo
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 23 February 2019 - 02:21 AM

I have tried and extend a disk using faq 3 ( imdisk -e -s 400M -m R: ) and it says "access is denied", and of course I can't unmount it. Is there an easy way to solve it?

#78 Olof Lagerkvist

Olof Lagerkvist

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1448 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:38 AM

I have tried and extend a disk using faq 3 ( imdisk -e -s 400M -m R: ) and it says "access is denied", and of course I can't unmount it. Is there an easy way to solve it?

Are you trying this in a command prompt as administrator (with elevated privileges)? That is required in this case. There could be other reasons too, for example this only works when morning image files or ram disks directly, not through proxy services.

#79 heyricardo

heyricardo
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:36 PM

yes, on local system, in elevated cmd. If that is due to some application writing to the disk, I may be unaware of some open process locking it, just guessing.

#80 Olof Lagerkvist

Olof Lagerkvist

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1448 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

It does not lock the volume for this because that is not needed. It should be possible to do with files open on the volume. There must be something else causing this in this particular case.

#81 GrandGT

GrandGT
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Russian Federation

Posted 19 August 2020 - 08:55 AM

Hi there. I just can't figure it out. Could you tell me, please, how to use command options "Save disk image at shutdown and load the specified disk image then when system start again"?

#82 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 August 2020 - 11:32 AM

Hi there. I just can't figure it out. Could you tell me, please, how to use command options "Save disk image at shutdown and load the specified disk image then when system start again"?

You cannot normally do that with Imdisk, but you can with the Imdisk Toolkit:

http://reboot.pro/to...imdisk-toolkit/

:duff:

Wonko

#83 v77

v77

Silver Member

• Team Reboot
  • 602 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 19 August 2020 - 12:43 PM

You cannot normally do that with Imdisk, but you can with the Imdisk Toolkit:
http://reboot.pro/to...imdisk-toolkit/

His question is not consistent.
If we are speaking of an an image file, its content does not need to be saved at shutdown because each write is done directly to the image file.
If we are speaking of a ramdisk, then it's not a "disk image".

#84 GrandGT

GrandGT
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Russian Federation

Posted 19 August 2020 - 12:59 PM

Sorry. Forgive me, I do not know how to formulate the question more accurately. When I use AMD Ramdisk, it saves all data after shutting down the PC to an image file. Then, after restarting the PC, AMD Ramdisk automatically loads the data from this image file back to the virtual disk. There it is implemented by the enable button for the corresponding option. In the ImDisk Toolkit by default, after creating a virtual disk, it is not clear to me how to do the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users