#51 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

Typical! You have no idea about what you are talking about here. But you're talking about it anyway. Download and use this MS tool and then you can tell us about your user experience.

I don't get it. :dubbio:

There is a comparison on your site.

The adverb essentially has a definite meaning in English.

Your nice app offers MORE features, namely:
  • ISO 9660 (Joliet) support vs. NON support
  • ISO: Windows 7/8/2008/Vista/PE2/PE3 Full vs. partial
  • One Standalone File
  • Super User Friendly
but the result is a "flat" directory structure, the same approach as the MS original tool.

Nothing is actually "burned" by your app, (in the sense of "the term "burn" in computer world describes the process of a hot laser beam melting a variable track on a special CD layer"), contents of ISO's, BOTH ISO 9660 (Joliet) AND ISO 13346 (UDF) is EXTRACTED and copied to the USB stick.
Or at least this is what I got from your previous explanations. :unsure:

:cheers:
Wonko

#52 sambul61

sambul61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1568 posts
  •  
    American Samoa

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:11 PM

w2b

Thanks for the link. Will look more carefully on that staff. There are some apps posted on this forum that tackle Linux ISOs booting by G4D as well.

In principle, its possible to use Fat32 on portable HDs too (as in my case), and add those Linux ISOs that aren't bootable from NTFS. But I kind of like more modern and clean approach whenever possible, so picking a variety of files from various ISOs and dropping them around the disk isn't likable. Ideally, this activity should be done in RAM at boot time if not avoidable, and caused by a single boot package.

You may want to study a bit, what FiraDisk, WinVBlock, some Wimb's apps (very strong and careful guy) and Steve6375's USB tool among others are trying to do during Win install and other tasks. It will help you a lot to improve your tool. This subject takes time to study, provided you're pointed to the right threads on the topic - Wonko is adept in doing so if he likes you (it seems he does :)).

#53 emunity

emunity
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

I am have problems with this Application. Tried it 2 times. WIndows 7 SP1 ISO. I checked CRC no issues.

WIntoBootic seems to take some time in the beginning and when at 96% takes a very long time.

It completes fine.

When I boot it, It starts the win7 splash screen and the very first step but when I click install I get a window that said it needs to find a driver for the CD/DVDrom. I can browse for a driver etc.

Why is this happening? I burned the ISO to DVD to see if it installs this way and it does without any issues. I know my Kingston USB flash 8GB is fine. I can try another USB 8GB kingston since I have so many but I don't think its the USB flash Drive and I certainly don't think its the ISO.

It is not working on the WInTObootic method. Tried different laptops and custom made desktops. Same issue.

Is WInToBootic not putting a USB driver or some driver needed that windows is expecting? Since this is off a USB flash could there be some conflict when its expecting a DVD install rather than USB?

If you want to know the release of win7 Private Message to discuss.

Thanks

Edited by emunity, 28 January 2012 - 04:55 PM.

#54 emunity

emunity
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

I can confirm that your application no longer wokrs with two different ISO releases one is by Mr Bliss (MAFIAA) and the other is by Chitro win 7 sp1. Both work 100% on USB using the method below. So its not my USB flash drive, not the ISO and not the OS windows 7 and windows 7 SP1 which I tried WinToBootic on each. Its also not PC hardware specific because I tried it on a XPS M1530, an Asus G51Jx and my custom built 2nd generation sandy bridge Tower.

Here is the method that works 100% every time:

How to create a Windows 7 USB drive Installation media?
========================================
First of all you should have a 4GB (or larger) USB drive. Since the steps will clear all your files and data in this USB drive, you need to backup them first.

1. In Windows Vista or Windows 7, open an elevated command prompt and run the following commands one by one:

a) Diskpart
list disk
You can identify your USB drive by its size. For example, it is disk 1.

c) select disk 1
Select your USB drive.

d) clean
Clear it.

e) create partition primary
f) select partition 1
g) active
Mark this partition as an active boot partition. This will enable this USB drive bootable.

h) format fs=ntfs quick

2. After formatting the USB drive, copy all the files in the DVD to the USB drive.

3. Reboot the computer and set it to boot from USB drive. Then, the computer will boot from this USB drive and you can start your installation with it.

Some of such issues are caused due to the hardware factor, you can also try upgrading DVD-ROM firmware to narrow down the issue.

Edited by emunity, 28 January 2012 - 10:05 PM.

#55 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

I can confirm that your application no longer wokrs with two different ISO releases one is by Mr Bliss (MAFIAA) and the other is by Chitro win 7 sp1.

That's actually a good thing :smiling9:, though I doubt that the lack of support for those WAREZ :ph34r: is by design.

Wonko

#56 emunity

emunity
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

That's actually a good thing :smiling9:, though I doubt that the lack of support for those WAREZ :ph34r: is by design.

Wonko

It also does not work on my store bought retail that I incorporated SP1 1 onto then used a program to make a new ISO that now has SP1. The program does not like SP1.

The program should not pick and choose file structure it is to take the ISO and copy everything from it correct?

It is obviously not pulling in all the files from the ISO!!!

Edited by emunity, 29 January 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#57 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

It also does not work on my store bought retail that I incorporated SP1 1 onto then used a program to make a new ISO that now has SP1. The program does not like SP1.

The program should not pick and choose file structure it is to take the ISO and copy everything from it correct?

It is obviously not pulling in all the files from the ISO!!!

Well, then you can sue the Author :w00t: for misrepresenting the capabilities of the tool or for not updating it in a timely enough fashion. :dubbio:

You can also pretend that this fact caused you such a stress that you should be indemnified (1, 10 or 100 times the amount you payed for the tool is a common liability limit) for any damage you may have suffered:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damages

Hey, wait a minute, 100x0 still makes 0 :frusty:

Wonko

#58 emunity

emunity
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

Well, then you can sue the Author :w00t: for misrepresenting the capabilities of the tool or for not updating it in a timely enough fashion. :dubbio:

You can also pretend that this fact caused you such a stress that you should be indemnified (1, 10 or 100 times the amount you payed for the tool is a common liability limit) for any damage you may have suffered:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damages

Hey, wait a minute, 100x0 still makes 0 :frusty:

Wonko

Its really no big deal but nice to know you can do this manually in WIndows 7 just as easily and more efficiently with less stress and problems and works 100% of the time no matter what kind of ISO it is.

Also gaining more knowledge of the great tools offered in windows 7 is another plus!!

I know the author's intension was to make this as easy as possible and thats great and I appreciate it. It is a free application to so what can I say. If he wants people to donate then thats another matter and may need some simple updating. :)

Edited by emunity, 29 January 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#59 w2b

w2b

• Developer
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

@emunity: hash value of official Win7SP1 ISO and a message to official feedback email would be very helpful. thanks for feedback will test it and fix it.
according to project support by internet community: millions of downloads, 3 negative and about 50 positive feedbacks in 6 month, and only some donations.

p.s. Wonko's comments as usual ungrateful and unhelpful.

#60 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

p.s. Wonko's comments as usual ungrateful and unhelpful.

Actually what Wonko managed to do with his posts was to induce original emunity's ranting approach to change into a sign of appreciation for your work.
Too bad you cannot see it :(, they were aimed to support your tool and work.

Wonko

#61 w2b

w2b

• Developer
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:56 PM

[UPDATE]: Version 2.0 released! Check this out! :) See main post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users