Winbuilder Command Line request.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lep777

Lep777
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

Is it possible (future state) to allow WB to create an image from pre-defined/pre-selected scripts from the command line.
eg: - c:\winbuilder\winbuilder.exe e:\Win_Ent_7_32BIT Win7PE_SE to create my version of the Windows 7 PE with my script selections.
Or a method of saving a fully tested setup in WB assigned to a new "My script" button, that produces the image you want correctly so that even if you modify your setup you can still generate your working image from your saved setup.
ie when you click the save button for your working setup, it creates a packed version of your scripts and assigns it to a menu button eg: "My Script". When this buton is clicked it unpacks the scripts and executes the build.
hope someone can understand what I am trying to get at.

ya dont get if ya dont ask...

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:44 AM

Is it possible (future state) to allow WB to create an image from pre-defined/pre-selected scripts from the command line.
eg: - c:\winbuilder\winbuilder.exe e:\Win_Ent_7_32BIT Win7PE_SE to create my version of the Windows 7 PE with my script selections.
Or a method of saving a fully tested setup in WB assigned to a new "My script" button, that produces the image you want correctly so that even if you modify your setup you can still generate your working image from your saved setup.
ie when you click the save button for your working setup, it creates a packed version of your scripts and assigns it to a menu button eg: "My Script". When this buton is clicked it unpacks the scripts and executes the build.
hope someone can understand what I am trying to get at.

ya dont get if ya dont ask...

Please have a look at my post http://reboot.pro/22...dpost__p__14153

To save configurations is not a task of WinBuilder. That is in the responsibility of the project.
For nativeEx I solved this with the !WbManager / !myOptions scripts.
With small changes (if necessary at all) they can be used for Win7 PE projects, too.

Peter

Attached Files

#3 Lep777

Lep777
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:37 PM

Cheers Peter for the information, it was very helpfull. I managed to get the zip file from your project as the link does not work.

#4 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

Cheers Peter for the information, it was very helpfull. I managed to get the zip file from your project as the link does not work.

Just for the record: The link SHOULD work: Please copy the link you tried here and I'll check.

Peter :thumbup:

#5 Lep777

Lep777
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:12 PM

Peter, the link is working today thanks.

L7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users