6 replies to this topic

#1 target_practice

target_practice

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:31 AM

I'm a big fan of LiveXP. But after months of using it I re-downloaded the project for some other test, only to find that over half of the scripts had updated and my main project was out of date. What i propose, or would like to see, is a way to update scripts through Winbuilder. At least for hosted projects. For instance, if a project is available via winbuilder's download window, have a "search of updates" option that locates scripts that are new or different then the installed script, and preferably offer a Merge kind of solution (I suggest merge in case the user has modified a script to their liking).

#2 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:23 AM

Merging isn't possible, but you can see what script updates are available through winbuilder by clicking the 'Download' button and entering the Download Center. If there's updates available for the selected download level, then they will be automatically selected. You have the option of deselecting or selecting additional scripts for download.

Regards,
Galapo.

#3 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:27 AM

One possible idea would be keeping inside the script the URL of the server from where the file was downloaded.

Then it wouldn't be difficult to add button to check for a new version, though slow it might work.

In the past, there was even a button that would allow developers to upload their modified scripts to a given server.

But this is just an idea. Don't really know if many people would find useful enough the feature that you propose.

Nevertheless, let's see how this idea goes in the future.

:mellow:

#4 target_practice

target_practice

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:54 PM

Merging isn't possible, but you can see what script updates are available through winbuilder by clicking the 'Download' button and entering the Download Center. If there's updates available for the selected download level, then they will be automatically selected. You have the option of deselecting or selecting additional scripts for download.

Regards,
Galapo

That'll work. I didn't notice it could do that. Thanks!

What about maybe in a future version of WB having an option for silently checking for updates in the background and just maybe displaying a message box notifying the user that updates are available?

#5 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:08 PM

What about maybe in a future version of WB having an option for silently checking for updates in the background and just maybe displaying a message box notifying the user that updates are available?

It's a very good idea. Perhaps in a timed fashion (once in a month for example) could be done.

:mellow:

#6 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:54 AM

... and preferably offer a Merge kind of solution (I suggest merge in case the user has modified a script to their liking).

You can perform something like a merge by using Basic > !WBManager > myOptions.Script.

Before download save the current interface options (including selected / non selected), and after download restore them.

Peter

#7 target_practice

target_practice

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:37 PM

You can perform something like a merge by using Basic > !WBManager > myOptions.Script.

Before download save the current interface options (including selected / non selected), and after download restore them.

Peter

Well, true, but I was referring to modifying the source/code/behavior of a script.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users