Jamal H. Naji

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 178 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:08 AM

Hi everyone,

I made a brief tutorial with how to demonstration pictures you can download from HERE
if it works for you , come back and post a thank you so I know you did it right.
regards :lol:

My Other Topics & Tutorials HERE
  • Uvais and Yudhie Qurnia-wan like this

#2 stonesonnow

stonesonnow

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:26 PM

jamal this is super easy to follow tutorial, many thanks :cheers:

#3 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:1_Making Unattended and Customized XP<br /><br />2_Making different types of Bootable and Multiboot CD/DVD<br /><br />3_Like to learn more about grub and grub4DOS
  •  
    Iran

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:46 AM

Hi Dear jamal

Would you write a tutor about installing Windowses XP and windows 7 ,both from one multiboot usb flash?

The methods i do this job ,work but do not satisfy me,may be you can give a better solution.

shirin zaban

#4 ilko

ilko

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 500 posts
  •  
    Bulgaria

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

You can easily make multiboot USB flash with a lot of software on it:
http://www.msfn.org/...omusb-with-gui/

#5 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:1_Making Unattended and Customized XP<br /><br />2_Making different types of Bootable and Multiboot CD/DVD<br /><br />3_Like to learn more about grub and grub4DOS
  •  
    Iran

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

You can easily make multiboot USB flash with a lot of software on it:

ilko
I know that ,but the link is talking about JUST ONE OS and several
utilities.and that is very easy.
But having several windowses XP + vista/Win7 is a little bit dificult
and needs some tricks.

Ofcourse i can do that and at this time i have a usb flash that i can
install xp or win7 by that (Both from the same usb).

My question is about finding easy method to do that.

thanks for your note
shirin zaban

#6 ilko

ilko

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 500 posts
  •  
    Bulgaria

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:20 AM

You need to read more carefully :cheers:

The link talks about up to 99 XP/2000/2003 Windows in the same partition, one Vista/7/Server2008 in each partition, also /BartPE/WinFLPC etc. etc, Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu/PartedMagic, any kind of other type booting off SysLinux etc. etc.
Seems a bit more than one OS, isn't it?

#7 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  •  
    Iran

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:57 AM

You need to read more carefully :cheers:

The link talks about up to 99 XP/2000/2003 Windows in the same partition, one Vista/7/Server2008 in each partition, also /BartPE/WinFLPC etc. etc, Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu/PartedMagic, any kind of other type booting off SysLinux etc. etc.
Seems a bit more than one OS, isn't it?

Hi ilko
Thanks a lot for your kindly concern,I really appreciate.
I like to have my OSes all together in one partition not each in different partition.I have read the link above in
past time,and as i remember the link you mentioned has very very good informations,but not for using in one
partition.

Any way may be i have not read carefuly and may be this is because of my poor english misunderstanding.

Thanks again,I think i should read the link again.

shirin zaban

#8 stefany

stefany

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:47 AM

jamal thank you..very good

#9 Jamal H. Naji

Jamal H. Naji

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 178 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:01 AM

Hi Dear jamal

Would you write a tutor about installing Windowses XP and windows 7 ,both from one multiboot usb flash?

shirin zaban

Dear Shirin, check this tutorial, you will be able to do a Windows XP+Windows 7 or Vista in 1 USB thumb drive.
http://www.boot-land...showtopic=11814

#10 ktp

ktp

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 773 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:12 AM

The topic title should be changed to "Installing XP from a USB thumb drive". Otherwise it could be understood as "Running Windows XP from a USB thumb drive", which is completely different. Idem for other topic related to Windows 7.

#11 Le Hoang Long

Le Hoang Long
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:27 AM

Dear everyone
I want to run windows xp on my usb
whether there is a solution

#12 Le Hoang Long

Le Hoang Long
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:59 PM

Dear jamal and everyone
thanks for boot-land tutorial, I can use usb to install windows xp to the had disk

my question above is whether a solution that let us install windows on usb
and we can boot, run our windows xp at every computer like slax-linux .

and I didn't talk about using virtual box

#13 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:13 AM

Well, no: Bart's PE builder creates a PE. :cheers:

I guess Le Hoang Long is asking about a "real" XP installed on USB.

You find most links here:
http://www.911cd.net...showtopic=14181 (in Dietmar's signature)
http://www.msfn.org/...o...19963&st=23
http://www.911cd.net...o...c=22473&hl=

Check this also:
http://www.boot-land...?...ic=9830&hl=

About LiveXP (the winbuilder project) it already won an Award as the most unproperly named project of the year, as it is a PE 1.x.
B)

:cheers:
Wonko

#14 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:57 AM

Wonko, aren't XP live, XP lite , XP mini, and the rest of all the XP's alike, aren't they based on Bart PE's XP making methods?

Yep :cheers:, the point that I was trying to disambiguate is that BartPE builder only creates a PE 1.x ( i.e. a Pre-installation Environment based on XP sources, which is NOT an XP).
As well most Winbuilder projects do create - no matter how bad they are named - PE's, typically:
  • LiveXp is a PE 1.x i.e. based on XP
  • VistaPE is a PE 2.x i.e. based on Vista B)
  • Win7PE is a PE 3.x i.e. based on Windows 7

All those you mentioned, are IMPROPERLY named builds of a PE 1.x, AFAIK.

Loosely, and talking of PE 1.x's, if the directory where the files are is \I386 (or other 4 letter name) on CD and \minint (or other 5 letter or shorter name) on HD/USB stick, it's a PE.
  • As well:
  • if the booting happens through a (possibly renamed to NTLDR) SETUPLDR.BIN, it's a PE.
  • if there is a TXTSETUP.SIF it's a PE.
  • if there is no BOOT.INI it's probably a PE.

A Pre-installation Environment is DIFFERENT form a "real" OS, in the case of PE 1.x there are add-ons like Reatogo or xpe to try it LOOK like a "real" XP, but it is completely different, the main difference being that the Registry in a PE is "volatile".

Some considerations are here (including something about "hybrid" builds:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=8615
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=8345

:cheers:
Wonko

#15 Jamal H. Naji

Jamal H. Naji

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 178 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:05 AM

Wonko the Sane,thank you for the great and rich explanation.

#16 Arcane_raven

Arcane_raven
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:54 AM

Hi ilko
Thanks a lot for your kindly concern,I really appreciate.
I like to have my OSes all together in one partition not each in different partition.I have read the link above in
past time,and as i remember the link you mentioned has very very good informations,but not for using in one
partition.

Any way may be i have not read carefuly and may be this is because of my poor english misunderstanding.

Thanks again,I think i should read the link again.

shirin zaban

That would require at bare minimum that you would do a (properly done by relinking the files) rename each system folder at the root directory simply because each Windows OS has Near identical naming conventions!

#17 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:47 AM

That would require at bare minimum that you would do a (properly done by relinking the files) rename each system folder at the root directory simply because each Windows OS has Near identical naming conventions!

Really? :rofl:

You do know what was the topic? :cheers:

Having multiple INSTALL SOURCES of different versions of windows on a USB stick.

The mentioned app, WinsetupfromUSBwithGUI:

Does EXACTLY that:

And obviously takes care of the renaming, if and when needed.

:unsure:
Wonko

#18 chipshot

chipshot
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:18 AM

Hi sir,

I have tried using your method using the wintoflash, I'm trying to format my Xp machine using a flash drive, but its giving me this error in the Bootup

NTLDR is Missing

please help TY :cheers:

#19 shaheryar

shaheryar

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

hi ..
i have made bootable flash for XP with many tools everytime i get the same problem it dosent install XP in my sata hdd, i have disabled sata from the bios so it takes it as IDE, .. anywayz the problem is, it says the partition is not a valid patition to install XP .. make a valid partition ... can u guide me ? and pls dont give me a these links ...http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/120444-how-to-install-windows-from-usb-winsetupfromusb-with-gui/

http://www.msfn.org/...345#entry655345

i dont understand what they talk about in there... i have tried many forums and everyone give me this link...:happy_dance:(((((((

#20 Sha0

Sha0

WinVBlock Dev

• Developer
  • 1682 posts
  • Interests:Booting
  •  
    Canada

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:40 PM

hi ..
i have made bootable flash for XP with many tools everytime i get the same problem it dosent install XP in my sata hdd
i dont understand what they talk about in there... i have tried many forums and everyone give me this link...:happy_dance:(((((((

I don't understand, either. If your XP is on "bootable flash," why are you talking about installing to a SATA HDD? How are the two related?

#21 shaheryar

shaheryar

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

yes xp is on bootable Flash

xp dont recognize SATA it recognize IDE so i disabled sata controller in BIOS, anywayz when i enable SATA controller i get blue screen and the error says the HDD has viruses , and by disabling SATA it says the partition is not a valid patition to install XP .. make a valid partition,

#22 shaheryar

shaheryar

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

one more thing i made bootable flash once and it worked fine but at that time my HDD first Primary partition was 10GB and now it has 20GB does this has to do anything ?

#23 Sha0

Sha0

WinVBlock Dev

• Developer
  • 1682 posts
  • Interests:Booting
  •  
    Canada

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

yes xp is on bootable Flash

Which do you mean?:
  • "Windows XP boots from my bootable flash"
  • "Windows XP PE boots from my bootable flash"
  • "The Windows XP installation disc boots from my bootable flash"

xp dont recognize SATA

That seems like you need the right SATA driver.

it recognize IDE so i disabled sata controller in BIOS, anywayz when i enable SATA controller i get blue screen

What are the error codes numbers?

and the error says the HDD has viruses ,

Do you mean this exact message, or a different one?:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed\nhard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive\nto make sure it is properly configured and terminated.\nRun CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then\nrestart your computer.

and by disabling SATA it says the partition is not a valid patition to install XP .. make a valid partition,

Well are you booting XP or installing XP? Which is it? Where does it say that and what are you doing when it says that?

one more thing i made bootable flash once and it worked fine but at that time my HDD first Primary partition was 10GB and now it has 20GB does this has to do anything ?

I doubt it.

#24 shaheryar

shaheryar

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:47 PM

yes this is the exact error i get when sata is enabled....

today i made bootable flash with USB_prep8 and here is the procedure ...but same thing happen same error with sata enabled and by disablinng SATA it dosent install XP in any partition of my hdd SAYING ITS NOT A VALID PARTITION

1. Extract the two files above after the download has finished.

2. Go to the folder usb_prep8 that was extracted , then click usb_prep8.cmd.

3. At the command prompt screen that appears, press [Enter] and PeToUSB screen will appear.

4. Click the ‘Start’ to begin the process of formatting and don’t change any configuration.

5. Don’t close usb_prep8 and PeToUSB screens, just leave it open.

6. Open command prompt from Start -> Run, then type cmd and press [Enter].

7. Through the command prompt, enter the directory/folder that has been extracted bootsect.

8. Type the command ‘bootsect.exe /nt52 R’ (without the quotes), replace ‘R’ with the appropriate USB Flash Disk drive letter.

9. Close the command prompt screen and PeToUSB screen, but leave usb_prep8 screen open.

10. Back to usb_prep8 screen and type 1 and then [Enter].

11. Do browse according to the location of CD/DVD where the Windows XP installer is located.

12. Type 2 and press [Enter], then assign a drive letter (default T) and press [Enter].

13. Type 3 and press [Enter], then type USB Flash Disk drive letter is located (for example F) and then press [Enter].

14. Type 4 to start the process, then press Y and then [Enter] to continue the process.

15. Press [Enter] when “Press any key to continue” message appear.

16. Click ‘Yes’ if asking confirmation, the process will run about 15-30 minutes.

#25 shaheryar

shaheryar

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:50 PM

Which do you mean?:
"Windows XP boots from my bootable flash"
"Windows XP PE boots from my bootable flash"
"The Windows XP installation disc boots from my bootable flash"

i dont get it? laptop boots from flash load files ask for the partition where to install XP and says its not a valid partition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users