53 replies to this topic

#51 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

a good example how thanks to mindless bloggers misinformation spreads. :ph34r:
Yep, the worst thing on the Internet is copy and paste.
One might think something has to be true because one can read it from so many sources.
But they all just copy and paste the same story, not only without checking, but also without thinking.

About previous versions I was actually wondering about something slightly different ;): it is possible that the modified USBSTOR.SYS from the KB works "as is". :unsure:
I can't answer that. Give it a try and let me know.

I'm more partial to hacking the USBSTOR.SYS even on Win7, to enable the feature globally.

:cheers:

#52 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Something new! ;)

Finally got my hands on a working TurboFlash driver. You know, the one that started it all.

Most interesting, it doesn't seem to work the way we speculated.

Here a picture of the performance of my famous Sandisk Contour Extreme. ;)

CruzerTurboAtto.png

If you compare it to the picture, a few posts above, of the performance of the M$ Turbo patch, you'll notice a clear difference.

While the M$ patch only improved the speed for files larger 64k, the TurboFlash driver already starts to work its magic for 1k files.

The noticable lower topspeed of the TurboFlash vs. the M$ Turbo patch, is puzzeling.

However until i had a chance to compare the two directly, it can also be caused by a driver update in the mean time.

#53 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:39 AM

For windows7 and latter there is also Asrock xFastUSB http://www.asrock.co...stUSB/index.asp it works not only for USB 3.0 but for 2.0 too as I can confirm because my brother has an Asrock mobo socket 1155 (with 3.0 and 2.0 USB ports) and when this little software is installed and you plug an USB 2.0 stick on to an USB 2.0 port for the first time, it ask you if you want to use xFastUSB transfer speed with that stick (same as when you plug a USB 3.0 stick on to a 3.0 port).

Download Link http://download.asro...SB(v3.02.38).zi

I wanted to install it on my Asus mobo socket 1155 but it doesn't install.

#54 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Asus, Gigabyte and probably MSI too, all have a similar tool. Which is always named differently ,but essentialy always the same 3rd part software.

The Asus software is called 'USB Boost'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users