Photo
- - - - -

Error with mounting source! (Install.wim)

win7pe

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 brianpaul

brianpaul

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

When I try to build my project, I'm getting the error "Error with mounting source! (Install.wim)" and then the build stops. My log file is here. Please help! :(

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

For me, the log is "unreadable". It shows HTML source code.
Plese post the log anywhere without the "View" option.

Peter

#3 Guest_Boot_Monkey_*

Guest_Boot_Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

Open an elevated command prompt and type DISM /Cleanup-Wim

( This is assuming you're using Win7 )

Edited by Boot_Monkey, 27 June 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#4 brianpaul

brianpaul

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

I have the project on a mapped network share. I get this error when running it from my PC, but it works fine when I run it from the server where it's located. Is it possible to run the project from a mapped network drive?

#5 brianpaul

brianpaul

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

I thought it ran one time from the mapped drive. I wonder if it originally worked and then when I ran it on the server, maybe that messed it up?

#6 brianpaul

brianpaul

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

I started from scratch and tried to run a project from a mapped network drive, but I still get the Install.wim error. Is it not possible to run this from a network drive?

#7 JVCRush

JVCRush
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:26 AM

I just wanted to post here my fix!. I just now joined while looking all over and trying everything, well first im glad to be here and look forward to learning more. Im a IT Engineer myself along with musician and love what I do. Just now getting into WinPE and Winbuilder and love it so still tons to learn. But now for MY FIX. I cant say it will work for you but I have been trying everything and the following did it for me and complete my project fast. It may have been already said but im saying it again for trying everything and then whala, it worked. The fix was as follows:

I relocate my source directory to another drive. Externel drive at that. I didnt touch my project folder just source folder and then all worked well. I hope this will work for others. Please let me know if so or even if not thanks and look forward to an awesome site.  :good:

My highly complements on the ReBoot.Pro guys on a site very well done. Keep up the good work. Thank you!!! :1st:

#8 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

I started from scratch and tried to run a project from a mapped network drive, but I still get the Install.wim error. Is it not possible to run this from a network drive?

Using this guide:

http://winbuilder.bugs3.com/

it's almost impossible to fail...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: win7pe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users