Photo
- - - - -

Its not the fault from grub4dos that untouched windows-xp.iso`s can t boot - this is propaply wrong!?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#26 livedude

livedude

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hi Wonko,

I do suspect that somehow you have not a great familiarity with the English language, this:

my english is terrible. i said in the begining of this thread forgive me my bad english. you remember?
but my english is good enough to understund this instructions wich i also followed.
i also wrote this....
it has not solve the problem,

There are very few things that make me so upset

the same here. but i acept it as part of freedom of each individium. you remember for example as i asked for a concrete example?...
such things makes me upset. but ok, its everything free here. no one get enforced for anything and this is good.
i acept it.

your links dosn t solve my problem.

i have the impresion that you and maybe the other friendly helper have not completly understood what exactly is goeing on.
i speak here from a concrete winbuilder, mkisofs, or create-iso-script-bug.

please listen:

i create a multiboot-project. as soon as i added a file wich is over 2gb to this multiboot-project, create-iso can t build it.
the structure of the createt iso, is the same then in the source. even the iso wich has over 2gb is in it. its also shown with over 2gb but the iso itself has only abot 600mb. so its not correct in it. he don t takes the 2gb file correctly and don t implement it correct to the multiboot compilation. it seems there is a concrete bug!
and please remember: i am only a small stupid enduser. i am no programmer, i am no developer.
and then look what everything ive done and tried yet. this things goes far over my small abilities.
what should i do now? i can t edit scripts wich i don t completly understund if i not know whats to edit excactly there, so that i maybe can correct this issue.
i can t do it.
a dev or some one with knowlegde should try to reproduce this bug and help me.
normaly things are working like this in such project. i do my job with giving information about an possible bug and normaly devs are thanksfull for this information, optimize their code and try to help the enduser.
has this change suddenly over night, have i miss something?
i hope anyone understund now the problem and can somehow help, so that i can finish my work.

concrete bug:
winbuilder/the create-iso-script, mkisiofs-whatever! /don t takes files wich are over 2gb to the multiboot iso.
creation works not correctly. with smaller files, it works.
so please notice the problem!
so if this has something to do with the spoken problem, then the problem is already known:
http://reboot.pro/16563/
but i don t know much about this things and everything is only speculation. as i said, i am no dev, i am an enduser only.

best regards

livedude

Edited by livedude, 28 March 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#27 livedude

livedude

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

update:
it seems its reproduced that this is an concrete bug: http://reboot.pro/16612/

Wonko & cdob,

if you are upset (you have your reason to be upset or not, i have mine) or not makes in this point no difference, as it seems that we speak here from a concrete bug and i think at least Wonko knowed it, as he also is in the linked thread about this issue.
so why we talk about unimportant personal feelings, like beeing upset of the kind the other acts or not instead trying to solve the problem?
you both seemed to know that this is a concrete issue and that it also has something to do with mkisofs.
in consideration of this, its not understundable for me, why you don t verfiy that issue (like it seems you have the knowelgde about it) and instead doeing this, critizeing me for irrelvant things.
this don t brings us further...

best regards

livedude

Edited by livedude, 28 March 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#28 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

your links dosn t solve my problem.

If you mean this one:
http://reboot.pro/2420/
it is not intended to solve your problem, only to tell you how you should behave in order to be bettter helped.

i have the impresion that you and maybe the other friendly helper have not completly understood what exactly is goeing on.
i speak here from a concrete winbuilder, mkisofs, or create-iso-script-bug.

I have the impression that you are not at all listening to what the "friendly helpers" tell you.

This thread is about your issues with:
  • grub4dos developers
  • booting a XP .iso

One way or the other these problems have been solved.

You started a new thread about this OTHER, NEW issue, here:
http://reboot.pro/16612/

Identical to your last post.
BOTH do not in the least comply with the "common sense advice" that you were pointed to.
Again those are just advice, you are perfectly free to ignore them :).

I find again in your posts a form of hinting - not so subtly - actually bolded - that in your opinion:
  • developers should stop whatever they are doing to help you

a dev or some one with knowlegde should try to reproduce this bug and help me.

• that this normally happens to you, so the fact that not all members are working to solve your problem, and immediately, makes them somehow "sub-standard " when compared to other developers

normaly things are working like this in such project. i do my job with giving information about an possible bug and normaly devs are thanksfull for this information, optimize their code and try to help the enduser.
    has this change suddenly over night, have i miss something?

This is EXACTLY the kind of impatient, egocentrical, selfish, unrespectful, demanding attitude that makes me stop from helping people, and BTW can be read as defamatory comments on the work by the good developers of reboot.pro and of the board members in general.

In a nutshell you don't have (yet) the appropriate knowledge to tackle a complex project, but you want to have it nonetheless and you want it "now", and everyone should be here helping you to reach your goal (improperly and only partially described).

You may have better luck with a number of less grumpy members, of course :).

:cheers:
Wonko

#29 livedude

livedude

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hi Wonko

it is not intended to solve your problem, only to tell you how you should behave in order to be bettter helped.
and how should i behave? what can i do more then report the bug?

this seems you opinion. other thinks thats the same problem i have.

I have the impression that you are not at all listening to what the "friendly helpers" tell you.

maybe i am blind but what concrete to the friendly helpers adviced me to solve the problem?
use iso-level3 commands wich was not working?
wich other working solution they gave to me to solve the problem?
i can t see one!

This thread is about your issues with:

• grub4dos developers
  • booting a XP .iso

this was on the beginning. i don t know if you followed, but now we speak about an real reproduced issue.

One way or the other these problems have been solved.

whre should the concrete problem be solved? where?
have you looked into my links and saw the message from chris for example?
there is nothing solved, it still exists there seems not even a worktrough for this.

You started a new thread about this OTHER, NEW issue, here:
http://reboot.pro/16612/

yes becouse some people are trying to ignore the concrete issue, the know about it as the are also in the linked thread about the issue and i have the impresion that they gave intentional hints from wich they know that it is not working....kind of ignoring a a concrete bug?

Identical to your last post.

no its not. i mentioning the concrete problem in the new thread and steps for reproducing it and i am very glad that ive done that, becouse it takes not long and someone verfyied it as a exsting problem. here in this thread no one did this!...

BOTH do not in the least comply with the "common sense advice" that you were pointed to.

we talk abou a concrete issue. whre is your common sense to acept this?

Again those are just advice, you are perfectly free to ignore them

there were no concrete advices/walktrough`s to solve the spoken problem.
where should this advices are? where some of you postet a working solution? where?

developers should stop whatever they are doing to help you

where i arrogate this??? i only made mindfully of an existing bug and asked for help. not more, not less. everything else is you wrong personal interpretation.

This is EXACTLY the kind of impatient, egocentrical, selfish, unrespectful, demanding attitude that makes me stop from helping people

in my eyes, you are exactly the one who acts like this. you see what the people need. a structure and syntax examples were giving to you. you know exactly what to do, but instead of helping, you try to force people to read daylong some irrelavant basics. such things makes me upset. how long did you need for giving a concrete example if i asked you that? 30 secounds? 1 minute? but instead of dowing this, you gave links. here are the basic - look yourself.
well i did that and find finally a solution myself. but it tooked me the whole night instead of 30 secounds you needed to help.
this enforceing acting: you must learn everything that you can use it instead of giving a short helping hand, i deprecate.
thats not the way i let asking people stand in the rain, if i know the solution. for me its of couse to give such people a quick helping hand, witout tyring to enforce them to read all details, becouse i know that they don t wan t it, don t need it and its also not necesary.
maybe you should google for the defenition what an enduser is! for an enduser, i did already things wich goes far over the normal horizont from a enduser, an i even was sucesfull with the most. but instead of respecting that, you have only victimization for me...
you know what?
stop helping me. your help was anyhow not very helpfull. i was all the time on my own.
thats part of our personal freedom and thats ok so.

i think all relavant is said in this thread. so it can be closed.
about the concrete and verfied issue, there is another thread.

best regards

livedude

Edited by livedude, 28 March 2012 - 06:40 PM.

#30 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

as it seems that we speak here from a concrete bug

Well I'm upset about myself.
This historic release appeared in summer 2004. I recommended this version back then too.
A issue appeared in autum 2004 and was resolved within days.
Strange to get this size limit back in 2012.

As for a specific project: wait for the maintainer solution.

#31 livedude

livedude

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

Than you for the informations, cdob.
ok, then it seems i can t do more atm, then to wait till it is hopefully quick fixed.

best regards

livedude

Edited by livedude, 28 March 2012 - 07:06 PM.

#32 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

Than you for the informations, cdob.
ok, then it seems i can t do more atm, then to wait till it is hopefully quick fixed.

why?
look into the other discussion about your problem. There you have your solution. Just try it and do not wait for the people that this work for free in their free time. Try to bring you in by testing ... for me your posts sounds that you expect the work to be done because it do not work for you and that are the others that have to do it.
If you look into this forum you will see that there are only a few member that are really really active and want to help (and Wonko is one of them).

#33 livedude

livedude

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

There you have your solution.

i already tried it but i don t bringt it to work correctly.

just try it and do not wait for the people that this work for free in their free time.

do you think i make this for fun here and of course also in my free time? did you know how much time i spendet in the last days and nights with working?
i can t reproduce your reproach!
look what i only just did and tried last night becouse this problem.
i am not lacy. i make what i can and i spend whole day and night with work.
all other enduser i know, where not ready to work such hard to get an application correct running, like i do...

Try to bring you in by testing ...

exactly this is what i do but no one seems to notice it.
further in the problem thread.

best regards

livedude

Edited by livedude, 28 March 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#34 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

stop helping me. your help was anyhow not very helpfull. i was all the time on my own.

I already had stopped, but thanks for confirming how my choice was appreciated. :)

Wonko

#35 livedude

livedude

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

not much suprising. the bad is everytime the asking user. he is per default lacy and not willing to listen, and thousands others prejudices.
also if you concrete confute this crap, the people who assert this, only repaet it. they are not willing to see the facts...

you can ask and try and make what you want, but some people will allyways keep their unjustified prejudices..
i know such people and in every amount of humans, you will find some of these people.
so keep on like this and make forums a nice place for normal enduser. they will thank you for that.
and don t forget: its allways the fault of the user, no matter what happens.
even if there is an concrete and known bug. don t matter. its the fault of the user and bla and bla and bla.
i don t see the point to invest my time longer for let me threating further so badly.
its also not constructive.

best regards
livedude

Edited by livedude, 28 March 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#36 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

i already tried it but i don t bringt it to work correctly.

and again no explanation what you did exactly and what did not work

do you think i make this for fun here and of course also in my free time?

yes of course because all the programmers and developers do that for their fun ... if you have to use wb for your work you have to learn and spend much more time then a few days in the different projects. That is a fact.

did you know how much time i spendet in the last days and nights with working?
i can t reproduce your reproach!
look what i only just did and tried last night becouse this problem.
i am not lacy. i make what i can and i spend whole day and night with work.
all other enduser i know, where not ready to work such hard to get an application correct running, like i do...

sorry, but then you did not read enough in this forum (or use the search function) ... if I see it correctly: your problem is that you cannot create a correct iso. But in fact your target directory is quite correct and with that you can try your project ...

#37 livedude

livedude

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

it cost only time and more important: it doesn t solve the problem. therefore i spare me, to jump on this unjustified reproaches.

back to the problem:

if I see it correctly: your problem is that you cannot create a correct iso. But in fact your target directory is quite correct and with that you can try your project ...

yes target-dir from wich the create iso.script builds the iso, is correct and its also working if i remove the over 2gb big win7.iso from it,
if i start then the create iso.script the iso will be build fine. also if i take a smaller file under 2gb to the target dir, then create.iso script, can also build the iso with mkisofs. as soon as i copy the win7.iso to the target dir, it don t works
it creates an .iso wich is about a few megaybtes big. if i mount it with demon-tools, i saw that the structure from target is correct in it. even the win7.iso is in it. but its lots to small. or
it can be that the createing process of the iso gets also interuptet.
i use the win7pe_SE project. this is my base for working. i thing that counts also somehow, but not sure.
if you need further informations, or maybe also logs and stuff, just ask.

best regards

livedude

Edited by livedude, 28 March 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#38 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

so if target dir is correct with that big file you can test your project with an usb stick ... as you know I had the same problem not to have a working iso. I wanted that iso for quick testing. But I tested my project with my stick to confirm that all other is working well except for iso creation. And that is what I meant: I could do so because I read a lot in this forum, spent hours of hours to get to the point I am now. Building a project from scratch with only the given scripts and without all the addons I now have is simply and works (also for you as you pointed out). But with modifications that should be in my built I had to spent a lot of time, reading more and more and I had to put together all these peaces I grabbed to have the project I wanted. And there are always problems or there is always stuff I want to change ... and then I'm happy that here are people willing to help me getting through my stuff (but without expecting that the forum members have to help me because the project is presented here).
Keep in mind: all devs are happy if you post a bug / present a problem. But keep your expectation lower. Also the devs have a real life and they do this job here for free. They will surely not work faster because you spent a few hours of your non working project. Be patient. Try other ways ... and document what you have done so far as exactly as you can (and best in only one thread and not in three with nearly the same input, that is hard to follow) ... that is all. And with that way you get piece by piece that will solve your problem.

#39 livedude

livedude

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

problem seem be solved. thanks for the hint with the usb stick.
i am also in a process for learning. i use winbuilder still not very long. its a big difference if i look where i am now.
i make also progesses and many what you wrote sounds known for me, becouse on the same way.
i have no exeptions and there is nothing what i demand.
so i can t comprehend this reproofs.
i am only a rookie in a very technical forum, who had the luck, to notify about a buck, to make a good project better.
the problem seems solved and i wish to thank all persons, wich were constructive involved in the solution process.

best regards

live dude

Edited by livedude, 28 March 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#40 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

the usb stick.

A general warning: a DVD is not a USB stick.
A bootloader may behave different at different media.

And other loaders may have internal limitations. e.g. setupldr.bin access first 4GB of DVD media.
Setupldr. bin dosn't find a file a 4.2 GB LBA.

#41 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

For NO apparent reason:
Spoiler

:rofl:

Wonko

#42 livedude

livedude

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

for not relevant occasion:

some people don t want to be part of the solution, they decide to be part of the problem...

best regards
livedude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users