• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 27 October 2023 - 12:37 AM

Keep Android app alive in front of lockscreen by using "Pin" option and turn off screen while app is still running

You can use something like the screen pinning option. The application will be over the lock screen.

Instructions to pin an app on the screen:

• Go to Settings →Security (& biometrics)→Screen pinning
  • Enable screen pinning and (Optional) also the option "Ask for unlock pattern before unpinning"
  • Now open the app you want, then switch over to the overview menu (running apps list)
  • Tap on the pin icon on the app.

• Go to Settings →Apps →Special  app access
  • Battery  optimization

(Your Android device likely has a battery optimization that limits or stops apps from working in order to lengthen battery life.) So when you need an app to keep running disable "Battery  optimization" for the specific app.

• Select "All apps" from drop  down menu
  • Select "app name you want not to be optimized"
  •  

https://stackoverflo...t-of-lockscreen

Keep screen alive and app in front of lockscreen

Part of Mobile Development Collective

when i start a google maps navigation it keeps the screen alive and if i turn it off and on again with the power button, the maps app is above the lockscreen and only when i minimize the app, i have to unlock the screen. So i can turn the screen off and on and still use the app without having to unlock the screen

You can use something like the screen pinning option. The application will be over the lock screen.

Instructions to pin an app on the screen:

• Go to Settings →Security→Screen pinning
  • Enable screen pinning and also the option "Ask for unlock pattern before unpinning"
  • Now open the app you want, then switch over to the overview menu
  • Tap on the pin icon on the app.

• Android activity over default lock screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users