#1 Brendant

Brendant
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:45 AM

Hey All,

I've got a WinPE Acronis boot disk. And I'm just wondering if it is at all possible to get it into Win7PESE?? If anyone could help or would like to try it i can supply the needed Acronis files.

-Brendan

#2 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:55 AM

Hi Brendan, welcome :)

There are many scripts around for adding Acronis to Win7PE_SE, why don't you start by telling us which product and version you're after. As you may know, not all versions of Acronis products are equally useful in every type of PE and some aren't useful at all. Some of the newer Acronis products, like Backup & Recovery, are just crap in my opinion. TrueImage 9x series; Home 2010; Disk Director 10 and some others seem to be most stable in Win7PE and LiveXP type builds. Home 2012 and DD11 do better as stand-alone 'rescue disks' (Linux based) which can be setup to multi-boot alongside full (explorer-type) PE's on your favorite media (UFD is nice for this). Anyway, let us know what you had in mind and someone will be sure to offer assistance ;)

#3 Brendant

Brendant
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:06 AM

Hi Amalux,

I got it partially working by inserting the application files into the image and then adding all the registry keys from the original Acronis PE.

I'm using Acronis Backup & Recovery Advanced Server 2011.

So after i injected everything into my WIM i got Acronis partially running, however it doesn't detect drives, i think i might be missing some driver registry keys.

-Brendan

#4 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

There is a script from dera here: http://reboot.pro/9005/page__st__50 which I didn't have much luck with but you can give it a try.

#5 Brendant

Brendant
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:38 AM

Thanks mate. Ended up not needing it worked it all out i was just missing a few registry entries :)

-Brendan

#6 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Thanks mate. Ended up not needing it worked it all out i was just missing a few registry entries :)

-Brendan

Would you mind sharing the exact steps you used to get this to work. I am trying to get Acronis Backup and Recovery 11 working with my Win7PE SE x86 build and have had no luck so far.

Thanks

#7 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

Hi Johnb175 and welcome :)

dsolomon posted a dera script here http://reboot.pro/15694/#entry154492 which is working for me in Win7PE_SE. i modified the script slightly to look for files in %GlobalTemplates%. Here's my script if wanted http://www.mediafire...k137efrm8p7gub4

It looks for the following in projDir\Workbench\Common\Acronis\BR11
WinPE.zip
\ARS\ActiveRestore*.dgl (x5)
\x64\snapman.sys (x64 version from host) is only needed for x64 PE.

#8 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

Hi Johnb175 and welcome :)

dsolomon posted a dera script here http://reboot.pro/15694/#entry154492 which is working for me in Win7PE_SE. i modified the script slightly to look for files in %GlobalTemplates%. Here's my script if wanted http://www.mediafire...k137efrm8p7gub4

It looks for the following in projDir\Workbench\Common\Acronis\BR11
WinPE.zip
\ARS\ActiveRestore*.dgl (x5)
\x64\snapman.sys (x64 version from host) is only needed for x64 PE.

I used the script "AcronisBackupAndRecovery11_v7.7z" found hereand was able to get it to work but I had to remove the following lines from the script to get it to build:

RegRead,"HKLM","SOFTWARE\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\LicensesInfo","{71444BF5-024F-4E65-8230-D4BCABF73D72}","%temp_reg_3%"

RegRead,"HKLM","SOFTWARE\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\LicensesInfo","omni_restore","%temp_reg_4%"

reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\LicensesInfo","{71444BF5-024F-4E65-8230-D4BCABF73D72}","%temp_reg_3%"

reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\LicensesInfo","omni_restore","%temp_reg_4%"

Any ideas why? I downloaded and looked at the AcronisBackupAndRecovery11_v8.zip script and it contains those same lines. Does the v8 one do something different than the v7?

Also, i have an old copy of Acronis True Image Echo (build 8398)that I would like to integrate. Does anyone have a script for that? The old acronis only created BartsPE files. I'm not sure how to integrate that into Win7PESE.

Thanks Again!

#9 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

Also, i have an old copy of Acronis True Image Echo (build 8398)that I would like to integrate. Does anyone have a script for that?

This script will work for the above version of Acronis http://www.mediafire...827wsdibm3ji2wo Can't say about the BPE plugin files but should be easy to adapt.

#10 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

This script will work for the above version of Acronis http://www.mediafire...827wsdibm3ji2wo Can't say about the BPE plugin files but should be easy to adapt.

I have Echo installed on my Windows XP machine. I am building Win7PESE on a Windows 7 machine. Can I just copy the Acronis folder over to the Windows 7 machine. If so where does the script look for them at? If I recall TrueImage Echo will not installed on a Windows 7 machine hence my dilema getting this old version working in Win7PESE.

Thanks

#11 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

You don't need the program installed on the machine where you're running the build. You just need the plugin files in %GlobalTemplates%, something like "projDirWorkbenchCommonAcronisTI97PW" and confirm same in script interface. e.g. %GlobalTemplates%AcronisTI97PW

In other words, the script looks where you tell it to look ;)

#12 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:51 AM

You don't need the program installed on the machine where you're running the build. You just need the plugin files in %GlobalTemplates%, something like "projDir\Workbench\Common\Acronis\TI97PW" and confirm same in script interface. e.g. %GlobalTemplates%\Acronis\TI97PW

In other words, the script looks where you tell it to look ;)

Ok, I copied my files to the approriate, directory and rebuilt using the script you linked. It builds fine and opens fine but when I actually try and backup it says "E00070021 Unable to Create Volume Snapshot" Any ideas?

#13 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

Any ideas?

Yeah, give me some time...

#14 awscorp

awscorp

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

I am trying the same thing now so I will let you know how it turns out.. :)

#15 awscorp

awscorp

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

I was able to clone down and up with no errors on mine. I did get one error about not being able to lock the drive but I rebooted and then didn't get that message again. Not sure what that was about.

I am going to try it on a few more machines and see what happens.

#16 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:26 AM

Should it matter that I built True Image Echo build 8398 along with Acronis Backup and Recovery 11 on the same build?

#17 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:29 AM

Ok, I just disabled all apps except for the TrueImage Echo Script and rebuilt. I loaded the ISO in VirtualBox and when I try and run Acronis I get an error about MSVCP71.dll missing. I checked in my \Workbench\Common\Acronis\TI95PW\Files\Drivers directory and the file is in there. Any ideas?

#18 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:39 AM

Should it matter that I built True Image Echo build 8398 along with Acronis Backup and Recovery 11 on the same build?

I don't believe this caused your earlier error since I was able to reproduce it with one version I tried. There is a modified script here http://www.mediafire...eur8cscqcxt6e1d which seems to get around this issue. I'm still testing with different versions but feel free to give it a go.

I was able to clone down and up with no errors on mine. I did get one error about not being able to lock the drive but I rebooted and then didn't get that message again. Not sure what that was about.

That is a known issue with 8398 (others?) which I can't find a solution for; it doesn't affect the restore, everything is restored correctly but requires you to reboot or 'cancels' the restore session. It only affects 8398 AFAIK and is one reason I prefer 8163, my favorite of the 'Echo' series.

#19 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:43 AM

I tried the updated script. I keep getting the missing MSVCP71.dll when trying to run Acronis in Win7PESE from VirtualBox (I am booting the ISO).

#20 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:49 AM

Working here, ISO from real HW x86/64, VMware and VirtualBox; all flavors. Enough memory in VB?

#21 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

Working here, ISO from real HW x86/64, VMware and VirtualBox; all flavors. Enough memory in VB?

Should be. I gave it 1024MB. As soon as I click on the Acronis icon it complains about the missing MSVCP71.dll. Like I said that file is in my Workbench\Common\Acronis\TI97PW\Files\Drivers folder.

#22 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

Like I said that file is in my Workbench\Common\Acronis\TI97PW\Files\Drivers folder.

I checked in my \Workbench\Common\Acronis\TI95PW\Files\Drivers directory and the file is in there. Any ideas?

Is it possible the script is looking in the wrong place? You adjust this in the script interface in running Winbuilder. Also, the \Files sub-folder may or may not apply so make sure the path points to your files. If the path is correct, confirm the file(s) actually exist in your PE. Sometimes AV running in background can cause issues with files being imported.

Like I said, it seems to be working here but I'll double check a couple things to be sure.

#23 awscorp

awscorp

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

John, take all the files from \files\drivers and move them into the \files\ folder. That is all I did and it did work.

The lock error I was seeing happens because Acronis tries to do something with the USB drive for what ever reason. But if I simple remove it before opening the program it works like expected.. :)

#24 Johnb175

Johnb175

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:19 AM

John, take all the files from \files\drivers and move them into the \files\ folder. That is all I did and it did work.

The lock error I was seeing happens because Acronis tries to do something with the USB drive for what ever reason. But if I simple remove it before opening the program it works like expected.. :)

That did the trick. Awesome. Thank You! On another note I built Acronis Backup and Recovery 11 build 17217 into the WinPE disk using script AcronisBackupAndRecovery11_v8.zip. As I mentioned earlier I had to remove the following lines from the script as it would fail otherwise. I do not have these ines in my registry which is why I am assuming it was failing:

RegRead,"HKLM","SOFTWARE\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\LicensesInfo","{71444BF5-024F-4E65-8230-D4BCABF73D72}","%temp_reg_3%"

RegRead,"HKLM","SOFTWARE\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\LicensesInfo","omni_restore","%temp_reg_4%"

reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\LicensesInfo","{71444BF5-024F-4E65-8230-D4BCABF73D72}","%temp_reg_3%"

reg_add,0x1,"%reg%\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\LicensesInfo","omni_restore","%temp_reg_4%"

What do the above lines do anyway?

Anyway, BR11 will load but when I got to backup Volumes it is blank. If I select files It shows the hard drives and I can browse and select any folder I want. I can also see the drive through disk management and explorer so I assume this is an issue with the BR11 script. Any ideas?

#25 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

I built Acronis Backup and Recovery 11 build 17217 --> BR11 will load but when I got to backup Volumes it is blank. If I select files It shows the hard drives and I can browse and select any folder I want. I can also see the drive through disk management and explorer so I assume this is an issue with the BR11 script. Any ideas?

I had similar issues with 17217 (reported it somewhere), only 17437 finally worked for me.

The RegRead section pulls license data from host registry (if BR11 installed) and adds it to PE for you. I haven't tried building on a machine without BR11 installed. Should be easy to patch when I get a chance or report to the author for fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users