#1 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:33 PM

Requirements:

1. winbuilder.exe, of course!
2. Windows AIK 1.0. (Not tested with WAIK 1.1.)
3 The following pe2.004.zip pe2.005.zip pe2.006.zip pe2.008.zip Archive extracted to the Winbuilder Projects Folder. It should extract to a Folder (pe2.004 pe2.005 pe2.006 pe2.008), containing two Files (script.project and pe2.script).

Note: A report from paraglider indicates that pe2 is not compatible with Winbuilder on Vista, nor with the later WAIKs.

Update: pe2.008.

1. Added Malware Removal Starter Kit as described here:
http://www.microsoft...ce15826531.mspx
SpyBot S&D is added to the build using an administrative 'install' of SpyBot's .msi file.

2. Added emergeLauncher (like QuickLaunch) Bar, and made all of the Bars 'Click-Through'.

3. XAMPP will now download when selected (if it has not already been downloaded.) It is HUGE!

4. Removed experimental 'HTA's from the Winbuilder Interface.

5. Some other improvements.

Update: pe2.006.

1. Added Application selection from a scrollable CheckList.

2. Added some more Example Applications:

i. xchm-1.13.zip from:
http://sourceforge.n...?group_id=87007

ii. windirstat1_1_2-exe-unicode.zip from:
http://sourceforge.n...cts/windirstat/

iii. SysinternalsSuite.zip from:
http://technet.micro...7c5a693683.aspx

The preferred method is to visit the WebSite and download the Archive File to the Script Directory (pe2.00x). This is the only method for the large XAMPP file, and the experimental HTAs.

Update: pe2.005.

1. Improved shortcut creation - set the 'working directory', command-line executables open with their help screen, corrected TargetPath, etc.

2. Fixed the Example Scripts found in pe2.script: [Application_Scripts] Section. Note that they require manual downloads to be placed/extracted to the Script Directory.

Open the 'pe2.script', and UnComment (delete the '#' from) the line 'Run,"%ScriptFile%",Application_Scripts'.

Comment Out (add a leading '#' to) the bits that you do not want in the [Application_Scripts] Section.

For the whole lot as is, you will require the following.

i. Extracted 'ImageX_v.03 File Folder' from:
http://maximillianx....-microsoft.html

ii. Three files saved to a 'wizard_hta File Folder' from:
http://www.msfn.org/...HTA-t95507.html

iii. Extracted 'xampp-win32-1.6.6a File Folder' from:
http://www.apachefri...pp-windows.html

iv. 'SysSpec.exe' from:
http://www.alexnolan...are/sysspec.htm

v. 'keyfinder-pe.cab' from:
http://www.drowaelder.de/winpe/

vi. Your Ghost 8/11 Files (ghost32, ghostexp and ghostsvr in 'Ghost File Folder'

Thanks to the Developers of the above.

3. Added Option to use GImageX.

4. Improved LangPack Installation.

5. Fixed bug in 'wpeutil createpagefile'.

Files Created by Script:

1. Shrtcut_Script.vbs
2. Unzip_Script.vbs
3. DriveLetter.cmd

NOTE: Antivirus may require authorization to run the .vbs files. Execution of files by the Script is 'open', rather than 'hide', so that any problems might be spotted. This also means that Command Windows will be popping up and closing all over the place. :) Turn them off by changing 'ShellExecute,Open' to 'ShellExecute,Hide' in the pe2.script.

Encoded File:
1. emerge.reg - some settings for the emergeDesktop Shell. See:

ScreenShots:

1. Winbuilder Interface

2. pe2

3. pe2.005

OK! So, where is the back-slash on a German Keyboard? ... :(

Winbuilder Logs:

1. Comprehensive - Languages, PE Packages, Shell, Apps, Downloads, etc

i. pe2.004

ii. pe2.005

2. Base - Nothing much more than Basic 'Windows PE 2.0'

Have a lot of fun! :cheers:

#2 powaking

powaking

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 238 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:10 PM

This looks real handy especially for deployments!

#3 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:19 AM

This looks real handy especially for deployments!

... solely for deployments, if you wish to obey MS! :)

From WAIK 1.0 'Terms for Microsoft Software':

1. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS. You may install and use any number of copies of the software on your devices solely for the purpose of deploying Windows operating system software on your devices.
ADDITIONAL LICENSE RIGHTS. In addition to the rights granted in Section 1, certain portions of the software, as described in this Section 2, are provided to you with additional license rights. These additional license rights are conditioned upon your compliance with the license restrictions described in this Section 2 and Section 3.

Windows Pre-Installation Environment.
You may install and use the Windows Pre-Installation Environment for purposes of diagnosing and recovering Windows operating system software. For the avoidance of doubt, you may not use the Windows Pre-Installation Environment for any other purpose, including without limitation as a general operating system, as a thin client or as a remote desktop client.

ImageX.exe, Wimapi.dll, Wimfilter and Package Manager. You may install and use the ImageX.exe, Wimapi.dll and Wimfilter and Package Manager portions of the software for recovering Windows operating system software. For the avoidance of doubt, you may not use these portions of the software for any other purpose, including without limitation for purposes of backing up your Windows operating system.

... but we (boot-land members) have had this argument before.

What I would like to see is a batch file for 'pkgmgr' (for Servicing of offline Windows Images), similar to Diddy's ImageX_Menu. Or even a GUI like GImageX?

#4 powaking

powaking

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 238 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:50 AM

What I would like to see is a batch file for 'pkgmgr' (for Servicing of offline Windows Images), similar to Diddy's ImageX_Menu. Or even a GUI like GImageX?

GImageX

This is by the Author of AutoIt.

#5 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:20 AM

GImageX

This is by the Author of AutoIt.

Thanks.

In the next version of pe2, I'll give the option of installing either the imagex batch files from Diddy, or GImageX which is free to distribute. I like the batch method because it takes less space, but the GUI method is much easier.

However, what I was asking for was a GUI for pkgmgr - something along the same lines as the GUI for imagex provided by GImageX. ... A GPkgmgr?

Reason: pkgmgr does not seem to me to be particularly user freindly on the command-line... sandboxes, xml files, etc. I have read that peimg does a similar job of installing Packages, and has a less cumbersome usage. How about a GPeimg? :)

#6 powaking

powaking

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 238 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:02 PM

Thanks.

In the next version of pe2, I'll give the option of installing either the imagex batch files from Diddy, or GImageX which is free to distribute. I like the batch method because it takes less space, but the GUI method is much easier.

However, what I was asking for was a GUI for pkgmgr - something along the same lines as the GUI for imagex provided by GImageX. ... A GPkgmgr?

Reason: pkgmgr does not seem to me to be particularly user freindly on the command-line... sandboxes, xml files, etc. I have read that peimg does a similar job of installing Packages, and has a less cumbersome usage. How about a GPeimg? :)

Doh sorry about that but yah GImageX is pretty slick. The only thing is that it does not prepare the HD for laying down an image so you need to use some diskpart script to wipe out the partitions, create an active partition set to C: and format then you can lay down a WIM image.

As for GUI for pkgmgr would have to research that.

Edit: Could always make a GUI via AutoIt for pkgmgr but I am not familiar with the commands for pkgmgr myself. Would have to familiarize myself with it before I get into it.

#7 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:14 PM

... Could always make a GUI via AutoIt for pkgmgr but I am not familiar with the commands for pkgmgr myself. Would have to familiarize myself with it before I get into it.

From Uncle Mike on Technet Forums: Everyones favourite subject - Pkgmgr!

Can someone shed some light on how to make pkgmgr work from within PE? I feel like I'm beating myself to death slowly with a soggy wet kipper.

:) :( :cheers:

I hope you have more luck!

peimg does seem simpler. But, I have seen small disagreements over on MSFN regarding the merits of peimg as opposed to pkgmgr. For example: Batch File for Integrating Vista Updates.

#8 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:18 AM

*New* version pe2.005.

1. Improved shortcut creation - set the 'working directory', command-line executables open with their help screen, corrected TargetPath, etc.

2. Fixed the Example Scripts found in pe2.script: [Application_Scripts]. Note that they require manual downloads.

3. Fixed a bug in 'wpeutil createpagefile'.

4. Added option to select GImageX.

5. Improved LangPack Installation.

See the first post.

#9 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:28 PM

*New* version pe2.006.

2. Added some more Example Application Script - xCHM, WinDirStat, SysInternals Suite and DriveMan.

See the first post.

#10 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4201 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:44 PM

*New* version pe2.006.

Its to small. It need more space downward.

2. Windows AIK 1.0

Do we need to have it installed or do we point to the DVD source.

I received this error while building
1.jpg

Errors

FileCopy - Failed to copy [ºseDir%\Projects\pe2\Ghost\*] to: [ºseDir%\Temp\pe2\ISO\Program Files\Ghost8]   DirCopy - Failed to copy directory [ºseDir%\Projects\pe2\xampp-win32-1.6.6a\xampp] to: [ºseDir%\Target\pe2]   DirCopy - Failed to copy directory [ºseDir%\Projects\pe2\ImageX_v.03] to: [ºseDir%\Target\pe2\Windows]   FileCopy - Failed to copy [ºseDir%\Projects\pe2\Ghost\*] to: [ºseDir%\Temp\pe2\ISO\Program Files\Ghost8]   DirCopy - Failed to copy directory [ºseDir%\Projects\pe2\wizard_hta] to: [ºseDir%\Target\pe2\Windows] 

5 errors occured!

WindowsGate - is another good tool to add to the package.
http://www.boot-land...?...ic=4070&hl=

#11 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4201 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:04 PM

I didnt see any mention of ghost in the Posts

2.jpg

Also anothe error about imageX not found.

#12 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:27 PM

emergedesktop...do you think it's better than BlueBox, the winre port ob blackbox-fluxbox??

#13 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:16 AM

Its to small. It need more space downward.

Thank you, TheHive.

It was never my intention to include many Apps - just the WAIK Tools... then GimageX, then some example HTAs, then XAMPP, then Ghost, then... Oh! Dear! :)

It was my intention to try to fit the entire Interface into the default size of Winbuilder's Window without the need to resize or scroll the window. I agree. The scrolling CheckList is too small and awkward. I hope you can wait for a later version.

I received this error while building

5 errors occured!

Regarding the errors.

1. The location of the Ghost files is hard-coded, only because of my size constraint mentioned above. A selectable FileBox would be a better option, but then Ghost would be taken off the CheckList and have it's own area in the WinBuilder Interface. I'll think about it.

In pe2.006, the hard-coded path is '%ScriptDir%\Ghost\'. Previously, it was 'C:\Program Files\Ghost\'. And I changed it without giving proper notice... just an inconspicuous change in the first post. Oops! Sorry. That whole first post needs cleaning up.

The errors probably occured because the files were not found, not copied to the build, and the shortcut-creation failed.

2. The two HTAs - the Ghost Wizard.hta and the ImageX.hta - are very good, but a little bit experimental, IMO.

The Ghost Wizard.hta is professional, but has very specific requirements. By default, it requires shortcuts to .gho images in a 'z:\winpe' folder and Excel description files in the same folder. And the suggested location of z:\ is a mapped network drive.

The ImageX.hta does not perform every function available with imagex.exe. Also, there is a problem with the required comdlg32.ocx (which I assume performs the 'browse for folder/file' function). However, the HTA works OK when the paths are typed into the location TextBox.

The pe2 Script for both HTAs is not very well constructed, and requires the user to locate the files on the Web (and hopefully gain some knowledge about the HTAs) and save them to the appropriate folder.

3. XAMPP is massive! The download for the .zip file is over 75MB. So, again, the best thing is to download manually, and extract to the correct location so that pe2 can find the files. The .7z file is considerably smaller.

I guess that the problem is that the pe2 Script uses WebGetIfNotExist to download the archives for only some of the Apps, and those Apps should therefore work without error with pe2 out-of-the-box. The other Apps I have mentioned will not, and require user intervention. But, that may be all about to change!

The dilemma, I face now is this: pe2.006 dowloaded archives and files to the Script Directory (suggested ...\pe2.006\, but could be some other). The upcoming pe2.007 will be located in ...\pe2.007\ (or other) folder. Unfortunately, it is likely that pe2.007 and later versions may not find the previously dowloaded archives and files, and pe2.007's WebGetIfNotExist will want to re-download them.

So, as an temporary procedure for upgrading from pe2.006, the pe2.007 Script will rearrange the pe2 folders in WinBuilder's Projects Directory.
i. Rename pe2.006\ project folder (if it contains archives) to pe2ArchiveDir\
ii. Re-Create a new pe2.006\
iii. Copy pe2.006's script.project and pe2.script from pe2ArchiveDir\ to the new pe2.006\

pe2.006 Script will then not be able to locate the archives and files, and will want to WebGetIfNotExist them. But pe2.007 and any future versions will have no problems.

The procedure will only work if the pe2.006 Script files are in a pe2.006\ project folder, and if that folder contains downloaded App Archives and Files.

Do we need to have it installed or do we point to the DVD source.

Yes WAIK needs to be installed. However, for the Language Packs, the contents of the WAIK Installation DVD need to be available.

WindowsGate - is another good tool to add to the package.

I have added it to pe2.007, which will be posted in an few hours.

emergedesktop...do you think it's better than BlueBox, the winre port ob blackbox-fluxbox??

emergeDesktop works with WinPE 2.0 right-out-of-the-box. Importantly, it finds the user- and common-profile StartMenu directories.

pe2's encoded/attached emerge.reg changes the default behaviour of emergeDesktop by loading the additional Command/Time Bar, repositioning the Bars - which are square by default, and removing 'Computer', Reboot, and Shutdown from the Desktop Right-Click.

Included in pe2.007 is the default-configured bluebox from:
http://internap.dl.s...ge/blueboxshell

Is there a more recent version? And, do you have any preferred configuration files? It looks very neat.

Regards :(

#14 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:47 AM

Is there a more recent version? And, do you have any preferred configuration files? It looks very neat.

Maybe we can "share" some ideas, in this (completely unrelated) project:
http://www.boot-land...0-MB-t3717.html
http://www.boot-land...?...=3717&st=26
http://www.boot-land...?...=3717&st=47

I used bblean:
http://bb4win.sourceforge.net/bblean/
http://www.bb4win.org/

Which appears the same thing as bluebox but updated and more configurable. :)

jaclaz

#15 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:37 PM

bblean >> bluebox <= eMergeDesktop I am happy to discover emergedesktop...it's very clean 4 executble and 4 dll :-)

#16 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:52 PM

Can you add support for API scripts? :)

I can help with initial support as it would be great to just copy my app scripts collection and see them included on this project.

:(

#17 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:12 PM

New version:

Recommended to extract the two files in the .zip to '...\winbuilder\Projects\pe2.007\'

1. Added two new shells - bluebox (http://sourceforge.n...?group_id=76421) and BBLean (http://bb4win.sourceforge.net/bblean/).

2. Added WindowsGate. See: http://www.911cd.net...o...=21204&st=0

Thanks to the Developers!

The following will need to be obtained to run all the Apps:
i. Extracted File Folder 'xampp-win32-1.6.6a'.
ii. 'Ghost' folder containing ghost32, ghostexp and ghostsvr.
iii. ImageX_v.03.zip - the ImageX HTA.
iv. 'wizard_hta' folder containing wizard.hta, reboot.hta and htaStyle.css.

If you have used pe2.006, and '...\winbuilder\Projects\pe2.006' contains archives including EmergeDesktop-4.0.3.zip. Before the first run of pe2.007, place the obtained files and folders inside '...\winbuilder\Projects\pe2.006'. After first run, place the obtained files and folders in '...\winbuilder\Projects\pe2ArchiveDir\'. pe2.007 creates the new 'pe2ArchiveDir\' from the old 'pe2.006\'.

If you have NOT used pe2.006. Create '...\winbuilder\Projects\pe2ArchiveDir\' and place the obtained files in there.

@ jaclaz, thanks for pointing me to BBLean! Excellent! I am not sure that I can contribute very much to the other project you are working on. I'll certainly have a closer look though.

@ risolutore, I'll probably discontinue the old bluebox. I like the simplicity of emergeDesktop.

@ Nuno, as the Apps are piling higher than I thought, and the code is becoming repetitive, the need for an API (or some set of Functions) seems nigh. However, I would like to have just one Function for each purpose, and a single consistent set of Arguments for each Function. I would rather see an App Script changed than have to rewrite the API to accommodate different versions of the same thing. What would be the most common set of API Functions that you would be happy with?

I have some thoughts on required system files. Even though the entire winpe.wim is used in pe2, it is not the complete set of files available with WAIK. Additional system files are added by the various WinPE Packages.

Shortcuts shouldn't be a problem. File Association should be OK. Autorun is currently working by creating shortcuts in the Startup Folder. Umm... What else?

I'm off to bed....

:)

#18 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:40 PM

It's fairly simple to add support for API scripts.

Read the [variables] section of any API compatible script.project and you'll notice the needed variables.

I'll post the ones for LiveXP and all you need to do is adapting the paths to suit the correct values for WinPE and some editing on the api.script file to match the method you use to add entries on the autostart and how shortcuts are created.

[codebox] [Variables] %target_win%=%TargetDir%\I386 %target_sys%=%TargetDir%\I386\System32 %source_win%=%SourceDir%\I386 %source_sys%=%SourceDir%\I386 %ProjectName%=livexp %API%=%ProjectDir%\Basic\Build\api.script Add_Shortcut=Run,%API%,AddShortcut Require_File=run,%API%,Expand_file Unpack=Run,%API%,Depack %HIVE_HKLM%=%target_sys%\setupreg.hiv %HIVE_HKCU%=%target_sys%\Config\default %HIVE_HKU%=%target_sys%\Config\software %HIVE_BASE%=HKLM %reg_temp%=wb-hive %reg%\=%reg_temp%\ hive_load=run,%API%,reg_hiveload hive_unload=run,%API%,reg_hiveunload reg_add=RegWrite,"%HIVE_BASE%" associate_file=run,%API%,do_associate Not_Compatible=Run,%API%,NotCompatible CopyProgram=run,%API%,Copy_Program Add_Asso=Run,%API%,Association
%Target_Prog%=
%PE_Program%=
reg_del=RegDelete,"%HIVE_BASE%"
_FileCopy=run,%API%,Copy_Files
_Calculate=run,%API%,Calculate
[/codebox]

Pedrole15 has brought support for API under VistaPE, maybe he would be available to also complete this support on PE2

Haven't yet tested your project but I am getting quite interested on it's features.

:)

#19 powaking

powaking

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 238 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:08 PM

iii. ImageX_v.03.zip - the ImageX HTA.
iv. 'wizard_hta' folder containing wizard.hta, reboot.hta and htaStyle.css.

Take a look at this HTA for ImageX files:

http://www.msfn.org/...HTA-t97512.html

#20 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:09 PM

Take a look at this HTA for ImageX files:

http://www.msfn.org/...HTA-t97512.html

It's tooo fancy for me! The screen resolution needs to be set, otherwise most of the interface disappears off the screen. And there is a runtime error caused by something?

If anyone would like to try it, it is in the Winbuilder Interface scrollbox as an altenative to ImageX (CMD) and GImageX.

EDIT: Those attached files are causing problems. Can't have a version number like '007a'. Before starting Winbuilder with the project, please open the two files in a text editor, and change the version numbers to three digits like '050'.

EDIT: Just remembered, you will need to open FreeCommander, navigate to 'x:\programdata\microsoft\windows\start menu\programs'; on the shortcut, right-click => properties, and put quotes around the 'x:\waik tools\v71\imagex.hta' bit.

BTW, to anyone interested, I have discovered that BBLean has a similar bug to litestep - in WinPE 2.0 (and Vista?), items in the Startup Folder are run twice. The litestep developers have identified the bug.

http://www.lsdev.org.../view.php?id=29

Can anyone fix it?

Reards :thumbsup:

#21 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:11 AM

New Version:

Added:

1. Malware Removal Starter Kit as described here:
http://www.microsoft...ce15826531.mspx

i. avast! Virus Cleaner
ii. McAfee Stinger
iii. MS Malicious Software Removal Tool - not sure whether monthly updates of this tool have the same link as used in the Script.
iv. 'SpyBot - Search & Destroy' - to update, delete old 'spybotsd_includes.exe' from 'pe2ArchiveDir' folder and rebuild pe2. The App displays slightly different behaviour depending whether it is run from RAM or not. Also, it may hang when loading if too many other Apps are included in the build. Note that SpyBot S&D is added to the build using an administrative 'install' of SpyBot's .msi file.

Archives of Apps and Tools will be downloaded to '...\Winbuilder\Projects\pe2ArchiveDir\' folder.

2. Added emergeLauncher (like QuickLaunch) Bar, and 'Click-Through' tansparency to all Bars.

3. Removed some of the experimental 'HTA's from the Winbuilder Interface, although they are still in the Scripts as artefacts.

4. XAMPP will now download if selected. It is HUGE! Takes a while to download the .zip, and a while to UnZip it.

@Nuno, I don't think that I can adapt the Project for all of the API functions without doing a major re-write. In the end it would be very similar to, but less flexible than, VistPE when using WAIK as the VistaPE's source.

I'm pretty happy with this version. If anyone has trouble, please let me know. :thumbsup:

#22 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:19 PM

Now I understand why you're not interested in app scripts - your project is resumed to two files.. :D

Just an idea, but why don't you place the contents of pe2.script inside script.project? :thumbsup:

-------------

I've set up a http://pe2.winbuilder.net space.

You've got the upload details on your email box.

There is a very cool feature inside winbuilder.exe that will let you click and upload your updated script onto this http://pe2.winbuilder.net

Users would only need to visit the download center and grab your updated files from there.

---------------

The api script concept is not complicated to add onto your project, on the contrary, it's only a matter of adding a few variables on your script project and adapt some code on api.script (which can be hidden from the winbuilder browser to avoid user editing).

You've already done most of the hardwork anyways.

Why not sending a message to Pedrole15 - maybe he's available to help out.

----------------

There are a few fixed paths on the interface of pe2.script

Instead of C:\winbuilder\MyDrivers you can use %basedir%\myDrivers and make things work regardless of wb being placed as c:\winbuilder

----

Good work! :tabletalk:

#23 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:38 AM

Now I understand why you're not interested in app scripts - your project is resumed to two files.. :tabletalk:

Just an idea, but why don't you place the contents of pe2.script inside script.project? :thumbsup:

A single script is under consideration. Initially, I hadn't realised that the 'script.project' itself could have a graphic interface... normally, it is the individual .scripts that allow configuration through the interface.

I am also considering the implementation of the api functions. This would require at least two scripts - one to open/mount the Target, and one to close/unmount the Target after other .scripts had run.

I've set up a http://pe2.winbuilder.net space.

You've got the upload details on your email box.

There is a very cool feature inside winbuilder.exe that will let you click and upload your updated script onto this http://pe2.winbuilder.net

Users would only need to visit the download center and grab your updated files from there.

After struggling a little with my Firewall, I think I've done it! Interested Winbuilder users can add pe2.winbuilder.net to their list of servers in Winbuilder's Download Center.

Thank you! Nuno, you are champion!

There are a few fixed paths on the interface of pe2.script

Instead of C:\winbuilder\MyDrivers you can use %basedir%\myDrivers and make things work regardless of wb being placed as c:\winbuilder

Well. The paths are not actually fixed - rather, they are selectable from the interface by clicking the folder icons in the interface. On the left-hand side to navigate to an individual .inf file of an extracted driver package, and on the right-hand side to navigate to a folder containing multiple .inf files from multiple extracted driver packages. The paths in the script were left there as examples, and would not be used unless the adjacent checkboxes were checked.

Thanks again. :D

#24 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:05 PM

Does not work if the AIK is installed to "d:\program files\windows aik". SourceDir is correctly set to SourceDir="D:\Program Files\Windows AIK" in project.script. No log is produced so I can't post that.

#25 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:13 PM

Removing the " from SourcerDir makes things work better:

SourceDir=D:\Program Files\Windows AIK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users