wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3607 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 4 weeks ago

Is this the Download Link for MSMG Toolkit 12 ?

Yes or better Official Download from MSMG Toolkit 12 as given by alacran - More Info in Compact Mode Installs

I think the MSG Toolkit will Offline Un-Install Windows Apps and Un-Install Windows Optional Features  :unsure: and you can Add stuff.

This way the install.wim and the Installation will be reduced.

But MSMG Toolkit on its own will not result in minimal UsedSize below 2 GB :unsure: as we know is possible for Mini-10x64.

MSMG Toolkit does not make use of Brute Force Reduction :unsure: as Win_Reduce is doing ....

But, certainly it will be nice to make comparison with the approach of MSG Toolkit and try to learn from their experience ....

So we can see if Online Win_Debloat is good replacement for Offline MSMG Toolkit .... More tomorrow last day of 2021 ....  :rolleyes:

#77 alacran

alacran

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 2386 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 4 weeks ago

This is the official page: https://msmgtoolkit.in/?i=1

I always have used this pack before installation, to remove all apps, of course used previous versions as this v12 was not available yet.

alacran

• wimb likes this

#78 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1377 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 4 weeks ago

misinterpretation again - I would never dare think toolkit to be an alternative to our work (well, mainly urs and wimb's), but in conjunction with it, if it could spare some stress and toil. and then again, it does not take things off completely - it just takes off half or quarter. the solid work is being done by the debloater and reducer. so wimb is right again. what i did notice is that it logically takes off most of the thngs it promices to take off. but phisically, well, still a long way from the aim. i am still at pains trying to get edge off. I probably will with a run of win_reduce_trusted. as for the present version, a breakthru i did notice. I think we all agree on most, it is just a matter of wording and excitement if u look at it more closely. rather than brute force, though, it is inconsistent force that I would fear more (meaning coherence between logical and physical elimination - if I do not have internet explorer functioning, I don't want it in the registry either, probably because i am an idealist). 

#79 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1377 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 4 weeks ago

gee, all 40 something apps ... are still here - what the hell has it taken off?!?! all minuses where accepted, damn! I am taking them off now, and then win-reduce-trusted will be needed. at this point I hope that the toolkit's work has had some positive impact on registry size and congruence. Physically speaking, it has done so little. btw, but for the debloater, i would still have had my taskbar dancing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wimboot, compact, portables, winpe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users