#1 mike05

mike05

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:54 AM

Hello Every one;

I am stuck and need your help. I searched through the forum to find the solution to my problem, but failed.

I am using ( Win7PE_SE ) project, it works great but one problem.

I want to run portable apps from ( B=Ramdisk). The project created B: drive as ramdisk.

But when I run application, the application runs from (X: windows- Temp directory ).

I have ziped the each portable app with 7zip and created .bat file corresponding to each app.

I want to run apps from B:Temp drive like Hiren boot cd,

Note: When I boot the created iso, it creates X: drive where the Wim loads, then It creates B: Temp.

so far all good, but When I run .bat file from Pstart launcher, the application is extracted to.

X: windows-> Temp folder it runs from there.

I want to run portable apps from B: Temp, like hiren boot cd. but the apps gets extracted to X: windows-> Temp folder.

Please help.

Thank you for you help.

#2 mike05

mike05

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:59 AM

Hi Tele2;

Thank you for your response, but if you read my post its about ( Win7PE_SE ) project. with winbuild 82. As I explained that running this project it creates X: Drive where the windows and program files are located, and it creates B: as ramdisk and put Temp folder on B: ramdisk.

But it also created Temp folder under x:\windows\Temp... and created tmp and log files there and when I try to run portable apps it run from

X:\windows\Temp folder, instead of running from B:\Temp.. I compressed portable apps and created .bat file corresponding to each apps, and PStart menu, I point to the .bat file, so it extract the apps to B:\Temp and run form there.

But its not happening... its still extracting apps to x:\windows\Temp

Please help.

Thanks

#3 RoyM

RoyM

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:"Booting and Owning".
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:33 PM

Hi mike05

I have no experience with portable apps or PStart menu. "With that said".

It sounds as though your %Temp% variable is set to X:\Windows\Temp, so that's where PStart extracts to.
Open command prompt and type set, see what the tmp and the temp variable are set to.
If it is X:\Windows\Temp, you may need to change it to B:\Temp
Since you already made individual .bat files for each app, change the temp variable there. <-- (Why are you not using .cmd)????

In the first few lines of your batch, add this
set Temp=B:\Temp
set tmp=B:\Temp

See if that helps...

Regards
RoyM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users