#1 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:10 AM

Today I tested new version of YUMI v2.0.4.6 it is capable to make a multiboot USB drive not only for Linux distros, but also to make a Windows 7-8-10  multi-installer USB stick.

Link: https://www.pendrive...ot-usb-creator/

-wimboot option stores the extracted Multi Windows Installers in their own directory. -bootmgr option moves the bootmgr and bcd files to root of drive. (note: -bootmgr option does require a Windows Vista or later host to run bcdedit).

I used -wimboot option (not the same as MS wimboot), wich loads boot.wim on RAM and then from it you run the install as usually done from DVD source, this way I installed  Win10 x64 Pro 1706 Build 15063 on a logicall partition of internal HDD (MBR), all working flawlessly.

alacran

#2 devdevadev

devdevadev

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:19 PM

What is difference between working of '-wimboot' option and '-bootmgr' option ?

Does '-wimboot' option also provide Secure UEFI booting like '-bootmgr' ?

#3 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:09 PM

I haven't tested this, and I can't do it.   I do not use Secure Boot or UEFI, always use MBR partition and legacy Bios, so you need to test this by yourself, please report back once you try it.

alacran

#4 devdevadev

devdevadev

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:30 AM

Sorry I just forget that YUMI v2.0.4.6 support only Legacy not UEFI ! There is a separate YUMI UEFI which need to disable secure boot.

BTW, What is the difference between working process of -wimboot option and -bootmgr option ? Any Idea !

#5 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:19 AM

No, all info is this, in program page in FAQ tab:

-wimboot option stores the extracted Multi Windows Installers in their own directory. -bootmgr option moves the bootmgr and bcd files to root of drive. (note: -bootmgr option does require a Windows Vista or later host to run bcdedit).

Traditional YUMI is not natively UEFI capable. However, it is possible to boot and run your Windows Installers from UEFI. To switch between added Windows versions, navigate to the multiboot/win-directory (replacing win-directory with the Windows version you want to boot) on your USB. Once there, move the bootmgr, bootmgr.efi, and entire boot folder to the root of your USB drive. Then reboot, booting your computer from the UEFI compatible USB. If all went well, it should boot straight into your chosen Windows Installer.

alacran

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: os installer, multiboot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users