• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#26 Alexei

Alexei

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 09:50 AM

I tried to run this project with "Longhorn".
I mistakenly mentioned what I did with 2003 R2 :cheers: here (deleted)
The source I actually used is 6001.16659.070916-1443_x86fre_ServerWeb_en-us-KR1WFRE_EN_DVD

I general - everything works :cheers: but not the Networking. :cheers:
BTW, I tested the build on on VPC 2004 - both are OK with each other :cheers:
WB 072 and WB 073b3 produced same results.

General project critics:
When something goes wrong (failed download, missing file, etc.) the project creates problems for subsequent builds. Consequences of possible errors should be carefully evaluated and taken care of.
The project should work "right out of the box", i.e. defaults should be set in a way that does not require to go over all scripts and adjust their settings.

Problems/bugs (Longhorn as a source) - runtime:
- Despite specified 800x600 resolution I have very big boot logo.
- Administrative Tools - empty
- Control Panel - empty (CPL script is enabled)
- PEnetCfg (wpeinit.exe already finished):
Popup: The "TCP/IP protocol driver" service is not started.... Start it now? - click Yes
Popup: The "TCP/IP protocol driver" service can not be started.
- Computer management - Services: Popup: "Internet Explorer can not download."
- TCP/IP service is not present in the Services.
- For WmiApSrv and Winmgmt services I have "<Failed To read description. Error Code 2>"
- wpeinit.exe is started in background mode and takes quite a long time to finish. It would be nice to have notification when it ends, even better to start PEnetCfg automatically when it ends (PEnetCfg should ask if you want to start networking).

- Build Errorat "Shell\3-explorerv.script":
FileCopy - Failed to copy [ºseDir%\Temp\VistaPE\InstallWimSrc\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.0.6000.16386_none_9ea0ac9e

c96e7127\GdiPlus.dll] to: [ºseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.0.6000.16386_none_9ea0ac9e

c96e7127\]

Mistery with SpyBot's TeaTimer:
For unknown reason it locks \Target\VistaPE\Windows\System32\bcdedit.exe
So I need to stop/start TeaTimer to free this file.

Any help would be appreciated.
Do others want to play with "Longhorn"?

:cheers:
Alexei

#27 scankurban

scankurban

• Advanced user
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:40 PM

I also found that Disk Partitioner didn't run in Version 010.

I did some work on the executable back in July. You can read more in this post. I rebuilt the exe and made it available from a link which I gave in that post.

I have now amended Nightman's script to include my executable, and it runs fine for me. I am attaching the revised script for you to try.

Thanks will try today

#28 drob

drob

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:36 PM

I can confirm the LiteStep EcyStep Shell issue not being selected no matter what i do.

LiteStep EcyStep Shell (I do not use it: that's only for information) selection (at least in my system, and even after many attempts) doesn't work (always is loaded Austerity-Shell): neither with "1-LiteStep.script" default version (Script-Date=29.08.2007) nor with the last version (Script-Date=17.10.2007).

The "old" one (Script-Date=20.06.2007) works so fine.

Please note that it occurs in a default configuration, with no customized script...

#29 hectorma

hectorma

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:20 AM

Problem. It creates a folder in programs called #5. Proccess api not run ok. No error in log.

#30 hectorma

hectorma

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:50 AM

Problem. It creates a folder in programs called #5. Proccess api not run ok. No error in log.

It is log of partitionerdisk, It is copied in folder programs/#5
Disk Partitioner

File [%BaseDir%Projects\VistaPE\App\Disk Tools\DiskPartitioner.script] Version [10]
Processing Disk Partitioner...

Processing section: [RunFrom_Ram]From file: [%BaseDir%Projects\VistaPE\api.script]

SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of [%My_CheckBox%] to: [#1]
System - Refreshing all variables
IniRead - [%BaseDir%Projects\VistaPE\project.ini] Section [VistaInfo] key [ForceAllToRam] to variable: [%ForceAllToRam%] with value []
IF - [] is not equal to: [yes] evaluated string: [If,"%ForceAllToRam%",Equal,"Yes",Set,%My_CheckBox%,True]
IF - [false] is not equal to: [true] evaluated string: [If,%My_CheckBox%,Equal,True,Set,"%Target_Prog%","%TargetDir%\Program#$sFiles"]
IF - [false] is not equal to: [true] evaluated string: [If,%My_CheckBox%,Equal,True,Set,"%PE_Programs%","#$pSystemDrive#$p\Program#$sFiles"]

Processing section: [depack]From file: [%BaseDir%Projects\VistaPE\api.script]

Run,%BaseDir%Projects\VistaPE\api.script,depacking files and settings for Disk Partitioner...
IF - [files] is not equal to: [] evaluated string: [If,#1,Equal,,Set,%Depack_Folder%,Folder]
IF [files] is equal to: []
SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of [%Depack_Folder%] to: [#1]
IF - [diskpartitioner.7z] is not equal to: [] evaluated string: [If,#2,Equal,,Set,%Depack_Archive%,Depack_ALL_Files]
IF [diskpartitioner.7z] is equal to: []
SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of [%Depack_Archive%] to: [#2]
StrFormat - converted: [.7z] to variable: [%Depack_Ext%] with result: [.7z]
IF - [true] is equal to: [true]
SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of [%Depack_Parameters%] to: []
IF - [true] is not equal to: [true] evaluated string: [If,#3,NotEqual,True,Set,%Depack_Parameters%,#3]
IF - [] is not equal to: [] evaluated string: [If,#4,NotEqual,,Set,%Depack_Folder_Main%,#4]
IF - [] is equal to: []
SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of [%Depack_Folder_Main%] to: [%Target_Prog%]
IF [#5] is equal to: []
SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of [%Depack_Folder_Second%] to: [#5]
IF - [#5] is not equal to: [] evaluated string: [If,#5,Equal,,Set,%Depack_Folder_Second%,%ProgramFolder%]
IF - [#6] is not equal to: [true] evaluated string: [If,#6,Equal,True,Set,%Depack_Program%,%ProgramExe%]
IF [#6] is equal to: [true]
SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of [%Depack_Program%] to: [#6]
SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of [%Depack_Target%] to: [%Depack_Folder_Main%\%Depack_Folder_Second%]

Processing section: [CheckFromRam]From file: [%BaseDir%Projects\VistaPE\api.script]

IniRead - [%BaseDir%Projects\VistaPE\project.ini] Section [VistaInfo] key [ForceAllToRam] to variable: [%ForceAllToRam%] with value []
IF - [] is not equal to: [yes] evaluated string: [If,"%ForceAllToRam%",Equal,"Yes",Set,%My_CheckBox%,True]
IF - [false] is not equal to: [true] evaluated string: [If,%My_CheckBox%,Equal,True,Set,"%Target_Prog%","%TargetDir%\Program#$sFiles"]
IF - [false] is not equal to: [true] evaluated string: [If,%My_CheckBox%,Equal,True,Set,"%PE_Programs%","#$pSystemDrive#$p\Program#$sFiles"]

DirMake - Directory already exists, ignoring: [%BaseDir%Target\VistaPE\Programs]
DirMake - Directory already exists, ignoring: [%BaseDir%Target\VistaPE\Programs\#5]
IF - File does not exist: [%BaseDir%Projects\VistaPE\App\Disk Tools\#5\#6] evaluated string: [If,ExistFile,"%ScriptDir%\%Depack_Folder_Second%\%Depack_Program%",Run,%API%,Copy_Program,"%ScriptDir%\%Depack_Folder_Second%","%Depack_Target%","%Depack_Program%"]
IF - File does not exist: [%BaseDir%Projects\VistaPE\App\Disk Tools\#5\#6] executing command: [Run,%API%,Depack_And_Check_Ext]

Processing section: [Depack_And_Check_Ext]From file: [%BaseDir%Projects\VistaPE\api.script]

IF - [diskpartitioner.7z] is not equal to: [depack_all_files] evaluated string: [If,%Depack_Archive%,Equal,Depack_ALL_Files,ExtractAllFiles,"%ScriptFile%","%Depack_Folder%","%Depack_Target%"]
IF [diskpartitioner.7z] is equal to: [depack_all_files]
ExtractFile - [DiskPartitioner.7z] to: [%BaseDir%Target\VistaPE\Programs\#5]
IF - [.7z] is not equal to: [.exe] evaluated string: [If,%Depack_Ext%,Equal,".exe",run,%API%,Depack_Execute_Archive]
IF [.7z] is equal to: [.exe]

Processing section: [Depack_Extract_Archive]From file: [%BaseDir%Projects\VistaPE\api.script]

Extracting acrhive file with 7z...
Shellexecute: [Hide] using: ["%BaseDir%Projects\Tools\7z.exe"] with parameters: [x -y "%BaseDir%Target\VistaPE\Programs\#5\DiskPartitioner.7z" -o"%BaseDir%Target\VistaPE\Programs\#5"]

FileDelete - Sucessfully deleted [%BaseDir%Target\VistaPE\Programs\#5\DiskPartitioner.7z]

Processing section: [AddShortcut]From file: [%BaseDir%Projects\VistaPE\api.script]

SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of [%Shortcut_Destination%] to: [#1]
IF [disk#$stools] is equal to: []
SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of [%Shortcut_Category%] to: [#2\]
IF - [disk#$stools] is not equal to: [] evaluated string: [If,#2,Equal,,Set,%Shortcut_Category%,""]
IF - [] is not equal to: [] evaluated string: [If,#3,NotEqual,,StrFormat,path,#3,%Shortcut_Folder%]
IF - [] is not equal to: [] evaluated string: [If,#3,NotEqual,,StrFormat,filename,#3,%Shortcut_Exe%]
SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of [%Shortcut_Folder%] to: [%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\]
SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of [%Shortcut_Exe%] to: [%ProgramEXE%]
IF - [] is not equal to: [] evaluated string: [If,#4,NotEqual,,Set,%Shortcut_Title%,#4]
SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of [%Shortcut_Title%] to: [%ProgramTitle%]
IF - [disk partitioner] is not equal to: [] evaluated string: [If,%Shortcut_Title%,Equal,,Set,%Shortcut_Title%,%Shortcut_Exe%]
IF [#5] is equal to: []
SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of [%Shortcut_WF%] to: [#5]
IF - [#5] is not equal to: [] evaluated string: [If,#5,Equal,,Set,%Shortcut_WF%,%Shortcut_Folder%]
IF [#6] is equal to: []
SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of [%Shortcut_WP%] to: [#6]
IF - [#6] is not equal to: [] evaluated string: [If,#6,Equal,,Set,%Shortcut_WP%,""]
IF [#7] is equal to: []
SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of [%Shortcut_Icon%] to: [#7]
IF - [#7] is not equal to: [] evaluated string: [If,#7,Equal,,Set,%Shortcut_Icon%,"%Shortcut_Folder%%Shortcut_Exe%"]
IF - [#8] is not equal to: [] evaluated string: [If,#8,Equal,,Set,%Shortcut_Window%,"normal"]
IF - [#8] is not equal to: [1] evaluated string: [If,#8,Equal,1,Set,%Shortcut_Window%,"normal"]
IF - [#8] is not equal to: [2] evaluated string: [If,#8,Equal,2,Set,%Shortcut_Window%,"min"]
IF - [#8] is not equal to: [3] evaluated string: [If,#8,Equal,3,Set,%Shortcut_Window%,"max"]
IF - [#8] is not equal to: [4] evaluated string: [If,#8,Equal,4,Set,%Shortcut_Window%,"hide"]
IF - [#8] is not equal to: [] evaluated string: [If,#8,Equal,,Set,%Shortcut_Autorun%,"3"]
IF - [#8] is not equal to: [1] evaluated string: [If,#8,Equal,1,Set,%Shortcut_Autorun%,"3"]
IF - [#8] is not equal to: [2] evaluated string: [If,#8,Equal,2,Set,%Shortcut_Autorun%,"3"]
IF - [#8] is not equal to: [3] evaluated string: [If,#8,Equal,3,Set,%Shortcut_Autorun%,"3"]
IF - [#8] is not equal to: [4] evaluated string: [If,#8,Equal,4,Set,%Shortcut_Autorun%,"4"]

Processing section: [CheckFromRam]From file: [%BaseDir%Projects\VistaPE\api.script]

IF - [startmenu] is not equal to: [] evaluated string: [If,%Shortcut_Destination%,Equal,,TXTAddLine,%ES%,"%Shortcut_Folder%%Shortcut_Exe%#$c%Shortcut_Category%%Shortcut_Title%.lnk#$c%Shortcut_WF%#$c%Shortcut_WP%#$c%Shortcut_Title%#$c%Shortcut_Icon%#$c%Shortcut_Window% ","Append"]
IF - [startmenu] is equal to: [startmenu]
TxtAddLine - Added line: [%BaseDir%Target\VistaPE\windows\system32\shortcut.inf] line: [!CD\Programs\DiskPartitioner\DiskPartitioner.exe,Disk Tools\Disk Partitioner.lnk,#5,#6,Disk Partitioner,#7,%Shortcut_Window% ] Option:"Append"
IF - [startmenu] is not equal to: [desktop] evaluated string: [If,%Shortcut_Destination%,Equal,Desktop,TXTAddLine,%ES%,"%Shortcut_Folder%%Shortcut_Exe%#$c!DS\%Shortcut_Title%.lnk#$c%Shortcut_WF%#$c%Shortcut_WP%#$c%Shortcut_Title%#$c%Shortcut_Icon%#$c%Shortcut_Window% ","Append"]
IF - [startmenu] is not equal to: [autostart] evaluated string: [If,%Shortcut_Destination%,Equal,AutoStart,TXTAddLine,%AutoRunFile%,"%Shortcut_Autorun%|s|%Shortcut_Title%|s|#$q%Shortcut_Folder%#$q|s|%Shortcut_Exe%|s|%Shortcut_WP%","Append"]
IF - [startmenu] is not equal to: [quicklaunch] evaluated string: [If,%Shortcut_Destination%,Equal,QuickLaunch,Echo,"Quick Launch shortcut not supported yet."]
IF - [startmenu] is not equal to: [sendto] evaluated string: [If,%Shortcut_Destination%,Equal,SendTo,Echo,"SendTo shortcut not supported yet."]

What is the problem?

#31 martinr

martinr

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:29 PM

@hectorma

Were you using the original Disk Partitioner script? Or did you use the modified script which I posted here?

The original exe did not run in Vista, but my revised one does.

#32 martinr

martinr

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:32 PM

I can confirm the LiteStep EcyStep Shell issue not being selected no matter what i do.

I have found the solution to the EcyStep problem with the LiteStep shell.

The problem lies in the LiteStep\themes\themeselect.rc file. As downloaded it reads:
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------

;   edit this evar to switch themes

ThemeDir &#34;$ThemesDir$austerity\&#34;

;ThemeDir &#34;$ThemesDir$EcyStep\&#34;
Although 1-Litestep.script writes a new line to this file, according to the user's selection, LiteStep always loads the first theme it reads from the file, ie Austerity.

The way to make a proper selection is to delete all the existing entries from the file, so the file becomes:

;   edit this evar to switch themes

The script will then write the theme selected to the file, and it will be loaded as the first and only theme when LiteStep runs.

To make this change, you need to:

1. extract the contents of the LiteStep.7z file which is embedded in 1-Litestep.script,
2. edit the themeselect.rc file, as above,
3. make a new LiteStep.7z to include the amended file, and
4. embed the new LiteStep.7z in place of the existing one.

All this is easily done using the facilities in WinBuilder.

I have tried this, and it works. I quite like EcyStep, now that I have seen it; it puts icons on the Start Menu.

#33 hectorma

hectorma

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:36 PM

@hectorma

Were you using the original Disk Partitioner script? Or did you use the modified script which I posted here?

The original exe did not run in Vista, but my revised one does.

Problem is with various scripts. When api go to %programfolder% variable it set it variable with #5 not whith Program folder of the srcript. Wath is the problem?

#34 martinr

martinr

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:13 AM

Problem is with various scripts. When api go to %programfolder% variable it set it variable with #5 not whith Program folder of the srcript. Wath is the problem?

I have compared the log which you posted previously with the one which I get.

Your log has many references to [#5], [#6], [#7] etc where they should be just []. For example, this extract from your depack section:
IF &#91;#5&#93; is equal to&#58; &#91;&#93;

SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of &#91;Þpack_Folder_Second%&#93; to&#58; &#91;#5&#93;

IF - &#91;#5&#93; is not equal to&#58; &#91;&#93; evaluated string&#58; &#91;If,#5,NotEqual,,Set,Þpack_Folder_Second%,%ProgramFolder%&#93;
should read:
IF &#91;&#93; is not equal to&#58; &#91;&#93; evaluated string&#58; &#91;If,#5,NotEqual,,Set,Þpack_Folder_Second%,#5&#93;

IF - &#91;&#93; is equal to&#58; &#91;&#93; 

SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of &#91;Þpack_Folder_Second%&#93; to&#58; &#91;%ProgramFolder%&#93;
It is clear from this also that the commands in api.script are being executed in the wrong order. It looks very much as if your api.script file is corrupt or has been altered.

My recommendation is to download a new api.script, and try that instead.

#35 hectorma

hectorma

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:18 PM

I have compared the log which you posted previously with the one which I get.

Your log has many references to [#5], [#6], [#7] etc where they should be just []. For example, this extract from your shortcut section:

IF &#91;#5&#93; is equal to&#58; &#91;&#93;

SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of &#91;%Depack_Folder_Second%&#93; to&#58; &#91;#5&#93;

IF - &#91;#5&#93; is not equal to&#58; &#91;&#93; evaluated string&#58; &#91;If,#5,NotEqual,,Set,%Depack_Folder_Second%,%ProgramFolder%&#93;
should read:
IF &#91;&#93; is not equal to&#58; &#91;&#93; evaluated string&#58; &#91;If,#5,NotEqual,,Set,%Depack_Folder_Second%,#5&#93;

IF - &#91;&#93; is equal to&#58; &#91;&#93; 

SetVar - Sucessfuly changed the value of &#91;%Depack_Folder_Second%&#93; to&#58; &#91;%ProgramFolder%&#93;
It is clear from this also that the commands in api.script are being executed in the wrong order. It looks very much as if your api.script file is corrupt or has been altered.

My recommendation is to download a new api.script, and try that instead.

Ok, thanks.

#36 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:59 PM

All this is easily done using the facilities in WinBuilder.

Your solution is very interesting (about its detection), but unfortunately it is not still enough (about LiteStep itself)...

I've just googled and I've discovered that the version (0.24.8-pre) about we are talking is just a pre-release that in my opinion does not VistaPE_010 justice...

LiteStep is a great app, but in that version there are some bugs not yet solved... and as said here the systray-icon bug is a severe and much frustrating one (and now I know that it is indicated in LS website too)...

In my opinion considering that the 0.24.7 Final version works so fine (as we know it exists in VistaPE_008) maybe could be better (waiting for 0.24.8 final release) to completely down-grade actual LiteStep to 0.24.7 version: and the job with WB would be even easier... :cheers:

http://www.lsdev.org.../view.php?id=32

http://www.ls-univer...load.php?list.8

Attached Thumbnails

• 2.png
  • 1.png

#37 martinr

martinr

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:55 PM

@online
I am sure that you are right about this.

After your earlier post, I had changed my LiteStep back to the 008 version, but then I went back to version 010 so that I could help the people with the EcyStep problem.

Version 008 did not come with EcyStep, but it could easily be added on, using the 010 files. There are however 7 new files that need to be added into LiteStep\modules as well. The 7 files are the first 7 listed in the Modules Revision Setup section of EcyStep\theme.rc.

It will also be important to have the empty themeselect.rc file that I suggested previously. It is the only way to achieve the proper switching between the Austerity and EcyStep themes.

#38 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:26 PM

Version 008 did not come with EcyStep, but it could easily be added on, using the 010 files.

I should try soon your suggestion, hoping that would work both EcyStep-Theme and programs-icon in Austerity-Theme systray... :cheers:

Really there are two LiteStep versions (0.24.7 and 0.24.8-pre), four VistaPE versions (008, 009, 010-beta and 010 Final) and four script versions:

1. Script-Date=06.05.2007 (VistaPE_008) - No Ecystep-Theme - Programs-icon works fine in Austerity-Theme systray - 0.24.7 version;

2. Script-Date=20.06.2007 (VistaPE_009) - EcyStep selection works fine (with no file editing) - Programs-icon does not work in Austerity-Theme systray - 0.24.7 version;

3. Script-Date=29.08.2007 (VistaPE_010-beta) - EcyStep selection works fine (with no file editing) - Programs-icon does not work in Austerity-Theme systray - 0.24.7 version;

4. Script-Date=17.10.2007 (VistaPE_010 Final) - EcyStep selection does not work - Programs-icon does not work in Austerity-Theme systray - 0.24.8-pre version.

Then, if EcyStep selection works fine in VistaPE_009 with no file editing why it doesn't work in VistaPE_010 Final considering that LiteStep versions are the same (0.24.7)?

And, if icon-programs in Austerity-Theme systray works fine under VistaPE_008 why it doesn't work in other VistaPE script versions considering that LiteStep versions are the same in three cases over four? :cheers:

After your earlier post, I had changed my LiteStep back to the 008 version, but then I went back to version 010 so that I could help the people with the EcyStep problem.

As said I do not use EcyStep-Theme (but this first discovered issue is of "mine" :cheers:) and the other issue (always a discovered issue of "mine" :cheers:) was expressly oriented most of all about programs-icon well-working in Austerity-Theme systray, and I further confirm that the only script that works is, as said, in VistaPE_008 (Script-Date=06.05.2007)... however surely I don't know enough about the above behaviour (I should try to understand that), and also I hope that all this could be to help... :cheers: :cheers:

Attached Thumbnails

• 10.png

#39 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:42 AM

SOLVED!!! :cheers:

It will also be important to have the empty themeselect.rc file that I suggested previously. It is the only way to achieve the proper switching between the Austerity and EcyStep themes.

Really there is another (and better) way to solve not only EcyStep selection issue (in VistaPE_009 and in VistaPE_010-beta, even with no file editing), but also programs-icon issue in Austerity-Theme systray... :cheers:

After many trials and efforts I finally found the bug: it is "mzscript-1.0.1.dll" related...

The following solution works so fine with all VistaPE versions, with all "LiteStep.script" versions and with all LiteStep program versions (both "0.24.7" and "0.24.8-pre").

Simply you must:

1. copy "mzscript-0.8.6l" existing in VistaPE_008:

2. rename it as "mzscript-1.0.1.dll";

3. replace it in "LiteStep.7z" attachment ("\WinBuilder\Target\VistaPE\Program Files\LiteStep\modules") of "1-LiteStep.script";

4. done! Now all should work so fine, both EcyStep selection (in Vista_009 and in Vista_010-beta, with no file editing) and programs-icon proper display in Austerity-Theme systray. :cheers:

Enjoy! :cheers:

Attached Files

#40 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:37 PM

@online
I am sure that you are right about this.

Version 008 did not come with EcyStep, but it could easily be added on, using the 010 files. There are however 7 new files that need to be added into LiteStep\modules as well. The 7 files are the first 7 listed in the Modules Revision Setup section of EcyStep\theme.rc.

Really, there is a bug (a misprint) in "VistaPE_010 Final" and then it is not needed modify the previous VistaPE_008 version or other: it is sufficient to repair that misprint bringing back "themeselect.rc" wrong file (it is wrong only in "VistaPE_010 Final" version due to a misprint: a semicolon is missing) to the default conditions (in my opinion to clear "themeselect.rc" file is more a workaround rather than a real solution: surely to clear it works, but I think that we must try to obtain the default condition of that file, exactly how it is in all previous VistaPE versions :cheers:).

Furthermore (and most of all) my above solution ("mzscript-1.0.1.dll" related solution) works so fine under any VistaPE version, any LiteStep script version and any LiteStep program version... :cheers:

Attached Thumbnails

• bug4.png

#41 martinr

martinr

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:23 PM

Really, there is a bug (a misprint) in "VistaPE_010 Final" and then it is not needed modify the previous VistaPE_008 version or other: it is sufficient to repair that misprint bringing back "themeselect.rc" wrong file (it is wrong only in "VistaPE_010 Final" version due to a misprint: a semicolon is missing) to the default conditions (in my opinion to clear "themeselect.rc" file is more a workaround rather than a real solution: surely to clear it works, but I think that we must try to obtain the default condition of that file, exactly how it is in all previous VistaPE versions :cheers:).

What you should realise is that a semicolon "comments out" or removes the line concerned from processing.

Therefore, your suggestion of putting a semicolon in the first line of themeselect.rc is actually identical to my empty file. Neither is a "workaround", but one of them is essential to make NightMan's script work as he intended, and as it seems from your post that it did in version 009.

#42 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:57 PM

What you should realise is that a semicolon "comments out" or removes the line concerned from processing.

Therefore, your suggestion of putting a semicolon in the first line of themeselect.rc is actually identical to my empty file. Neither is a "workaround", but one of them is essential to make NightMan's script work as he intended, and as it seems from your post that it did in version 009.

Hi martinr,

Thanks for finding the bug. :cheers:

Could this be another solution? ...

FileCreateBlank,"%TargetDir%\Program#$sFiles\LiteStep\themes\themeselect.rc"
If,"%pScrollBox1%",Equal,"Austerity",TXTAddLine,"%TargetDir%\Program#$sFiles\LiteStep\themes\themeselect.rc","ThemeDir ...
_linenums:0'>...If,%pCheckBox4%,Equal,true,IniWrite,"%TargetDir%\Windows\System32\PEShell.ini","Shell Loader","Default","%ProgramTitle%"FileCreateBlank,"%TargetDir%\Program#$sFiles\LiteStep\themes\themeselect.rc"If,"%pScrollBox1%",Equal,"Austerity",TXTAddLine,"%TargetDir%\Program#$sFiles\LiteStep\themes\themeselect.rc","ThemeDir ...

I hope the situation doesn't get too absurd... :cheers:

Regards

#43 martinr

martinr

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:16 PM

@allanf
Yes, FileCreateBlank should work as well.

I did think about using it, but you wouldn't get the fancy header that way, and I thought that some LiteStep purists might prefer to have it.

I think that we have pretty well exhausted the possibilities here. :cheers:

#44 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:48 PM

I do not think so, instead.

I think that in this thread (useless and usual offtopics apart) one of the most important things is to signal to thread's author those possible bugs that, if thread's author condivides, can be solved in future versions.

If you "solve" a bug without to say the "why and how" and without that we (readers) know what you are doing I think that is not a good way.

That's all.

#45 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4201 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:25 AM

have to report bug if using winbuilder 072 to download VistaPE project.
when it get to trying to download the "initrd.gz", and error pops up that it cannot be downloaded.
I tried manually downloading it to add it to the project but that would not work either.
I had to use a download manager before it could be downloaded.

#46 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:25 PM

@ NightMan

Hi!

About LiteStep-Shell let me summarize the issue...

Really there are two issues:

1. "LiteStep 0.24.8-pre" EcyStep-Theme issue;

2. "LiteStep 0.24.7 final" Austerity-Theme issue.

About the first issue, please see the 1st series of screenshots:

EcyStep-Theme in "LiteStep 0.24.7 final" version seems to work so better rather than in "LiteStep 0.24.8-pre" version.

Then, really I think that "VistaPE 010 Final" deserves :cheers: the best LiteStep version actually available that, in my humble opinion, is still the "0.24.7 final".

About the second issue, please see the 2nd series of screenshots:

Austerity-Theme does not properly display programs-icon in its systray, and I've noticed that this behaviour occurs only if also EcyStep-Theme is in bundle.

After many trials I've further noticed that EcyStep-Theme requires (in addition to other files and folders) "mzscript-1.0.1.dll" instead of "mzscript-0.8.6l.dll": and that dll seems just to be the "guilty".

In order to correct Austerity-systray bug I've replaced "mzscript-1.0.1.dll" with "0.8.6l.dll" (renamed): then all seems to work so fine.

Please, note that the dll replacement does not seem to affect any other LiteStep function.

In conclusion, seems to me that actually the best version of LiteStep-Shell is still the "0.24.7 final" and in my humble opinion really I think that your "1-LiteStep.script" dated "29.08.2007" and with "mzscript-0.8.6l.dll" (renamed) replacement is the best choice actually available for VistaPE... and in "010 Final" version it seems to work really so fine.

Thank you so much for your kind attention. :cheers:

Btw: in attachment you can find also my best release of "International Formats" script-code (further improved and optimized).

Please note that I've adjusted this script-code on "system_time.rc" default file, where the "Date" string is as the following:

DateLblText				 &#34;&#91;date&#40;&#39;ddd. mmm. d&#39;&#41;&#93;&#34;
Of course if needed I could adapt the script-code to any strings type in various ways.

If you wish, and most of all if you still like that idea, you may do what you want of it... then, at your convenience, any your possible comment about it should be much more than welcome for me. Thank you! :cheers:

EDIT: I've just removed attachments because of actually "1-LiteStep.script" with all above adjustments (International-Formats script-code included) is available on official site... thank you! :cheers:

Attached Thumbnails

• 10.png
  • 9.png

Edited by online, 21 November 2007 - 08:01 AM.

#47 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:00 PM

VistaPE boots without issue but I have no ability to save or open files. Tools and app's seem to function OK, but I can't save any file or browse to open one (so I can't get screenshots). Any idea what causes this or what to try next? Thanks.

Built on XP SP2, NTFS partition; WAIK source (no Vista) from pre downloaded base 010 (WB downloads caused errors). Left options alone except for unchecking 'Requires Vista DVD as source' items: MMC, Sec. Prop. Page, Explorer Vista, Explorer Polices, PENetConfig.

#48 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:50 AM

@ NightMan

Hi!

I've just seen that on your site [ http://www.vistape.net/beta/ ] is available the last release (011) of "1-LiteStep.script" and really I'm both very glad and very proud to see both my suggestions and my script-code (International-Formats) materialized in this release... :cheers: and really I thank you so much for your attention about those considerations! :cheers: :cheers:

Recently I've created a new script in order to switch between LiteStep-Shell Themes under VistaPE with no further adjustment and it works so fine. :cheers:

Now I kindly ask to you the following request: considering that both themes (Austerity-Theme and EcyStep-Theme) are installed in VistaPE independently of user's choice and further considering that "system_time.rc" file (edited by my script-code) is working by default only if Austerity-Theme is selected I kindly ask to you to remove a piece of line in "1-LiteStep.script" (011) (please, see the screenshot) in order to properly do work Date and Time Format under Austerity-Theme even if the user before your installation chooses the EcyStep-Theme.

In fact if the user chooses EcyStep-Theme and then he wants to switch to Austerity-Theme under VistaPE with my Theme-Selector script, then the date and the time displaying in Austerity-Theme should be not right (because of actually by default my International-Formats script doesn't make its changes if Austerity-Theme is not selected).

Hoping in my clearness (?) and in your kind courtesy I thank you so much again! :cheers:

Attached Thumbnails

• 5b.png

#49 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:26 PM

I'm just trying to build a VistaPE for a friend, but eventhough i didn't change a single setting, it blue screens on me in VM and on real Hardware.

The build goes through just fine.
I use one of the Betas as source, can this be the problem?

#50 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:59 PM

Build VistaPE again, this time with a freshly downloaded WAIK as source.
And guess what, VistaPE does not bluescreen anymore! :cheers:

But there are still two problems.
- If i use Litestep as shell, i get errors about missing file (msvcp71.dll) and missing module (mzscript1.0.1.dll)?
- Networksupport is not started upon bootup. Only after HwPnP is run, it becomes functional. Is this normal for VistaPE?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users