20 replies to this topic

#1 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:25 AM

Hi all :whistling: ,

I will start this post with a series of questions?

Has anyone had experience in constructing "MobileOS", its title suggests that it is "Mobile" but I find this idea a bit confusing as source CD files are used & there is the whole issue of WPA to consider if indeed this project is mobile. 10 point hardware checks online activation or telephone activation, when, & in my case, (pretty well all the time) the online activation fails for me.

With this in mind is it better to use a corporate VLK version as the for the source files?

Also with MobileOS is it better to shrink whatever source files you use with nLite first & maybe unattend all the product key stuff & tweaks etc on the source before you start to run WinBuilder.

My next area of confusion is in respect of WinBuilder & the Download section, when I selectively choose only MobileOS the download pulls down within this path Projetcs>mobileOS>014 beta 015 beta & 016 beta, within 016 beta there is a file BIN.7z file therein. Now against all this previous information if you go to these links>
1) http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=1218
2) http://winbuilder.ne...s/mobileos.html
3) http://winbuilder.ne...oad.php?view.14
4) http://translate.goo...?hl...l=en&sa=N

There lots of additional programs mentioned that are not in the WinBuilder downloaded Project files.

E.G. Microsoft® Windows® XP
- installation CD
Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 SP1
- ramdisk.sys
- ntldr
Microsoft® Windows® XP Embedded
- minlogon.exe

QEMU on Windows Version 0.9.0 Fabrice Bellard http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~qemu-win/
Section "Accelerators"
- qemu.exe
- fmod.dll
- SDL.dll
- qemu-img.exe
- bios.bin
- vgabios.bin
Virtual Disk Driver Ken Kato http://chitchat.at.i...vmware/vdk.html
- vdk.exe
- vdk.sys
7-Zip 4.46 beta © Igor Pavlov http://www.7-zip.org
- 7z.exe
- 7z.dll
dd for windows John Newbigin http://www.chrysocome.net/dd
- dd.exe
Standard utility
- mkisofs.exe
- ConvAscii.exe paraglider http://www.paraglide...s/convascii.htm

Optional:
- cfadisk.sys http://www.911cd.net...showtopic=14181

Are these programs needed to compile mobileOS in addition to the WinBuilder option or are these links old & have been superseded by The WinBuilder [074] downloader?

Is there an up-to-date tutorial on this that anyone knows of or has anyone got any valuable pointers/pitfalls to avoid, to get me started?

Sorry about all the questions, & my apparent confusion but I would like to have some background/Current knowledge before pressing the green go button.

Regards & Best Wishes,

ispy ;)

#2 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:04 PM

Mobile OS is a poor name - it implies its for mobile devices i.e. windows ce based. However its not - its windows XP based, just like pebuilder or many winbuilder pojects.Its also been discontinued.

#3 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:07 PM

ispy,
I think you have pinpointed exactly the problem: the lack of proper documentation about euhenio's method.

....this sounds like a job for a "Tutorial Writer", do you happen to know one? :)

My guess is that since the method is not fully documented, or at least it is not clearly documented, the Winbuilder .script is poorly (NO offence whatsoever implied to it's Author, mind you ;)) written, and like most (this time some offence is intended ;)) Winbuilder .scripts, it is not commented/documented properly.

So, the usual deal applies, if you need some help in gathering existing info on the method and to have some of it's dependencies/backgrounds (hopefully :whistling:) explained, I'm here, as always:
a. I try and give you the links
b. I try and explain (where I can) the matter
c. YOU do the tests
d. YOU write the Tutorial

Have we got a deal? ;)

;)

jaclaz

#4 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:computers<br />mechanics<br />distortion<br /><br />
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:14 PM

nlite will patch some system files for you that may assist the image to run better.

'mobileos' did include some suggestions towards nlite at one time.

MobileOS is reduced vl xp rtm inram, many others have other names for the 'hack' that involves using universal IDE drivers and s03 ramdisk.sys.

It does work, I even ran a demo for MS employees once.

#5 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:06 PM

I never managed to get mobileOS working, so my experience related to this project isn't very positive.

Also, based on some past feedback it might be safer to run the whole project inside a virtual machine to ensure your host windows is kept safe.. :whistling:

#6 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:02 PM

Hi all :whistling: ,

Apologies for not getting back sooner, its bank holiday weekend over here so I have taken the liberty of visiting my parents!

Firstly may I take this opportunity to thank all who have responded to this post thus far & in advance to those who intend to do so in future.

My own personal thoughts/observations in respect of this particular project are as follows:

Individuals have spent a lot of time in the background formulating this project with apparent mixed results (original 31 page posting). Although I notice that there are forum sections in respect of other projects like LiveXP I notice there is not a section for mobileOS, very little discussion & more importantly very little support, it appears which in my mind raises questions as to the current state of development of mobileOS. However on the flip side of the coin, although the word "discontinued" is used to describe mobileOS, the project is available & can be downloaded from the WinBuilder server? What I am saying is this project lying flat on its back with its paws in the air with the onset of "rigger" or with support, is it realistic to assume that we are looking possibly at the phoenix rising from the ashes?

Also I refer to the project tables in which mobileOS is classified as a current project, not within the discontinued section of the tables? Indeed the times & dates of the correspondence offered on these web sites need to be taken into consideration, that statement goes without saying but do you notice the mixed signals this is emanating to ad hoc members & new users! Further complexities are evident in language translation from Russian to English/whatever (NO offense intended to the author) but widespread coverage & exposure need to underpin a project to stimulate the development & popularity of any project for that matter. So both Russian/English communication would benefit in marketing this project?

Maybe statistical analysis of the downloads from the WinBuilder server maybe be able to be able to provided a clue as how many downloads are being recorded for any given project to determine popularity & if it was possible the region could be established as to where the individual is downloading from, the language pattern characteristics could determine the languages that are needed to target the appropriate project (Just a suggestion) E.G. If only Russians are downloading mobileOS then that would be the target audience (over simplified of course)

The next step is advertising what does the user expect to end up with when he has gone to the trouble of building a given project i.e. What it is capable of, reality of expectations, what it can do & cannot do.
What dependencies or attendance software procedures are required to formulate a project, which will indicate the users level of proficiency needed to compile a project beginners, intermediate, advanced or any shades of grey therein? I think Nuno put in context with the word "Automation" especially for beginners

If you look at the tables, mobileOS on face value seems to work with Win2K3 & XP (Support for XP is destined to end in 2010 - Probable shelf life), but the bootable stats are impressive with only network Floppy (which is understandable) & Virtual machine seem excluded (Nuno this raises another ?,are the tables incorrect?).

Also, based on some past feedback it might be safer to run the whole project inside a virtual machine to ensure your host windows is kept safe..

Thunn makes reference to nlite aiding (& if I am correct???) BootSDI. Thunn you seem to have had a working model at one time so you have valuable practical experience in its compilation. As they say there is no trade for experience so working through the construction & the documenting of the procedure may be beneficial in the production of a working tutorial?

Raising the question of the name of the project is mobileOS the best name for this project in light of what the user expects in terms of a finished project?

Have we got a deal?

In principal yes jaclaz, I would like to take a shot @ building a working model, but I suspect mobileOS is not as straight forward as other projects like LiveXP or any of the others for that matter, hence the possible reason for the diminished enthusiasm in its development, I am however realistic, as this could take some time to formulate.

A basic modular tutorial template for example
Introduction
What is MobileOS
What it is not
what is needed
dependencies
User competence levels required

Preparatory works needed, acquisition of files etc
Bootable options "branched" for diversity of media (This tutorial is all well & good for booting with a CD/DVD but what about ram or penstick etc)
Modular staged process of construction a,b,c,d etc or 1,2,3,4
Conclusion sources of support etc

Here possibly this tutorial would benefit from Flash interactive presentation techniques in the form of screen shots & navigation buttons with possible audio over, this is an idea I have been looking into recently to stimulate visual representation of any given projects, the size however, could be prohibitive without heavy compression e.g jpegs & Mp3 with zipping could provide a route & solution.

Thank you paraglider for your comments, what scripts if indeed scripts/plugins are used to support a mobileOS project or are the new scripts proposed by Nuno aspire to cross platform across the various projects, will in fact liveXP scripts work on other project formats etc?

Anyway my apologies for the lengthy post I get carried away very often but I think it is good to step back evaluate & take in the full Vista before any committment proceeds

Regards & Best Wishes,

ispy ;)

#7 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:00 PM

Hi All :whistling: ,

This post is indirectly connected with both the fabrication of both WinBuilder projects, LiveXP & mobileOS or any BootSDI project for that matter.

I'm afraid I am going to get very controversial here, so I thought it would be better to post my proposal before actually posting some files and freeware utils!

One of the things that gets my goat is the straight jacket restrictions M$oft place on the usage of their operating systems & software invariably there is a price to pay! Anyway I am not trying to say that earning a living from the creation of software or programs is wrong but sometimes the ethics & practices surrounding their distribution are, to me sometimes, un-ethical. I do not want to cause any problems for the administrators of Boot-Land in legal threats from external sources hence this framework proposal.

To make any PC ramboot with the NT Environment certain files are required in order to achieve this. If my facts are correct you will need the following files from Windows 2003 Server for BootSDI:
1) Ramdisk.sys
2) setupldr.bin (for BootSDI from CD/DVD media)
3) ntldr.bin (for BootSDI from other R/W media)

Firstly you are not allowed to distribute these files as it will contravene the M$oft EULA associated with Win2K3 Server. However, I cannot see anything that states that you are not allowed to distribute details as to the composition of these files e.g. Hexadecimal representation in the form of a text file with front end details for re-construction.

My proposal is to provide a text file representation of these files, together with a freeware portable Hex Editor together with details as to how you can recompile these files to their original composition. However I think it would be prudent to provide checksum MD5 checks on these text files so that any would be virus distributor would have difficulty in changing the files to embed a virus. Also a checksum would be performed on the completed file to check its authenticity. A before & after checking procedure so to speak.

I would write a short tutorial on the recomposition of these files with the final checksum procedure check. The whole lot would be zipped up in a package & provided as an attachment.

Why am I saying this! Well if you want to acquire these files you have to either download the whole evaluation image files of Win2K3 Server or download Win2K3 Server SP1 Service pack, the former is is over 600Mb's the latter, circa 130Mb's, which is not a pleasant experience if you only have a dial up connection. Also we do not know how long these downloads will be available for as in the case of XP support is due to end 2010, how long Win2K3 will be in existence is purely speculation & conjecture as Vista is being pushed with gusto from M$oft. Also, if withdrawn their composition would be recorded for the lifespan of Boot-Lands existance without having to rely on M$ for what are very large downloads to acquire only a few files for the BootSDI procedure!

I am not far off the completion of this little package & will upload to Boot-Lands Server unless someone has a valid reason why I should NOT.

Please provide your thoughts & feedback, positive or constructively negative it will be appreciated!

R&R,

ispy ;)

#8 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:14 AM

ispy, sorry to say so, but NO, you cannot re-distribute a non-re-distributable file.
(last character is a dot or "full stop")

The fact that you "translate it" temporarily in a different form does not mean anything, it is just like if you would say "you cannot distribute this .exe, but here it is compressed to .zip" :whistling:

All your arguments about availability and difficulty in getting the needed files are extremely sound ;), but the proposed solution is not.

There is an alternate source in MSDART/ERD50, see here:
http://www.911cd.net...o...19676&st=27
which is a much smaller download, around 64 Mb:
http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

I haven't checked which files are in the newish MDOP/MSDART/ERD60, which however is not available as "trial" and maybe is Vista based.;)

You cannot even argue that you "need" those files, as a Commercial alternative solution is available, by the way written by a member here, windrv:
http://www.disklessangel.com/

People with dialup connection will need some patience, or going to an Internet Cafè and pay a few bucks for downloading quickly the files, but also the Winbuilder projects and most Linux distro's are tens or hundreds of megabytes, so what gives?

It's a lot of time that I go around the Internet asking people to test Freely available or Open Source Software, trying to "convince" programmers or, in some cases ;), self-declared programmers, to write an alternative, with very scarce results/feedback, see these:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=1507
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=1441

Current situation as far as I know:
- Dietmar Stoelting managed to write a (limited to 32 Mb) Ramdisk capable of booting XP, based on the MS Windows 2K code (+ "old" NT 4.00 code by Gary Nesbitt), he supposedly extended the driver to bigger capacity, but it was never released
- there are vague reports that Gavotte's Ramdisk can be used, nothing definite, but maybe, just maybe, it is possible to "mix" the "XP Kansas City Shuffle" with Gavotte's ramdisk.
- the FREELDR from ReactOS has made a number of progresses lately, though I love the project and have the maximum respect the GOOD guys over at ReactOS, I find them to be more "theoretical" then "practical", i.e., as I see it, they are working to building some day in the future a complete, working Open Source NT compatible OS, but till then they have ALL parts of it not fully working/compatible, my personal view is the exact opposite, I find the approach of making limited parts of the OS today and fully functional/exchangeable with the corresponding Microsoft files to be more useful/productive.
- for the record bilou_gateux reported that a particular version of XP ramdisk.sys works for him:
http://www.911cd.net...o...19056&st=44
but again no comments feedback were given

If anyone with the right knowledge (and will) will ever read this, here are the things that we are missing:
1) a replacement for SETUPLDR.BIN capable of ramdisk booting
2) a replacement fro NTLDR capable of ramdisk booting
3) a ramdisk driver compatible with the above
4) a replacement for minlogon (from XP embedded)

;)

jaclaz

#9 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:33 PM

Hi Jaclaz :whistling: ,

Many thanks for the reply, indeed thanks for the reply & putting me straight! I do not want to cause legal problems for anyone or any group hence the reasoning for putting the idea forward as a proposal, rather than repent later.

My own personal thoughts about Copyright is that the discoverer of the code deserves recognition & reward for assembly of the code, however I think this should be a a defined period of time, a bit like a lease whereby the code developer can benefit from the proceeds of program etc but they DO NOT own it. I own a house, well bungalow, there is no mortgage the title deeds are mine yet I am forking out expensive costs for rates etc, I do not own it, the courts can compulsory purchase it, the Queen owns all the land in the country. I believe we lease or rent everything in life & as such the reality of this should be reflected in legal ownership. You come into this world with nothing & you exit this world with nothing, my two cents worth sorry!

As this door closes, a viable alternative is needed to keep the concept of BootSDI alive and viable, the alternative is that M$oft control this area.

If anyone with the right knowledge (and will) will ever read this, here are the things that we are missing:
1) a replacement for SETUPLDR.BIN capable of ramdisk booting
2) a replacement fro NTLDR capable of ramdisk booting
3) a ramdisk driver compatible with the above
4) a replacement for minlogon (from XP embedded)

I wholeheartedly agree, could Imdisk & Grub4Dos be combined to procure a Ramboot/BootSDI alternative?

Thanks Jaclaz for your understanding reply, it is very much appreciated & I will duly comply!

Regards & Respect,

ispy ;)

#10 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:48 PM

I wholeheartedly agree, could Imdisk & Grub4Dos be combined to procure a Ramboot/BootSDI alternative?

Yep, but again it seems like noone is interested in experimenting/reporting:
http://www.911cd.net...showtopic=19960

As said, now the "XP Kansas City Shuffle" opens up another possible approach, as we can load first an image with grub4dos in "Real" mode, and later connect to another (or the same) image or device in "protected" mode (for this IMDISK won't work, but VDK may).
This won't be "properly" RAMDISK booting, but rather "FILEDISK" booting, thus if ever it will work will solve the problems of booting with small RAM.

I have a few ideas, but the point is WHY should I fight a lonely battle on my own to conquer something I am not particularly interested in? ;)

I simply do not have the time/hardware to make the needed tests, at the moment I have some work in "real life" to do, lots of things in my "virtual" one online, and a couple of projects "just for fun" such as finalizing the missing parts of the Recovery Console thingy:
http://www.boot-land...opic=5316&st=40
and possibly do some progresses in XPCLI:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=3717
like adding networking:
http://www.boot-land...opic=3717&st=84

Of the "usual suspects", AFAIK:
"mainly" 911CD guys:
Dietmar has (hopefully temporarily :whistling:) "disappeared" from the scene
cdob has a lot of things to do in "real" life as well and he is however working in bettering/fixing the "XP Kansas City Shuffle":
http://www.911cd.net...showtopic=21939
s4e after giving us key ideas/info is as well "disappeared", just like karyonix

"mainly" boot-land guys:
Nuno has lots of things to do for work, the board and next release of Winbuilder
psc is immersed in trying to fix all the bugs in .scripts, Winbuilder engine et alia
booty#1 is up to his head with the wimtool:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=5308
(please do note how many people are actually helping him ;))
euhenio is nowhere to be seen, and however there would be problems in communicating with him without a man-in-the-middle speaking both Russian and English

Of the "mainly" MSFN guys:
wim_b is fulltime in refining the USB_multiboot and the other install batches
ilko_t is currently on vacation, should be back in one week or two
porear is "missing" (justified ;), he and his wife had a baby and are expecting again, etc.)

Other people here at bootland that I have not mentioned appear either not interested in the idea or too busy or not able to help being focused to adding .scripts to Winbuilder...

I reckon, maybe wrongly, that these kind of projects needs a joint effort from the community, rather then being "one man shows".

;)

jaclaz

#11 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:09 PM

Thanks for reply it is a question of priorities & perception of importance, I understand all too well lifes commitments. You can be swanning along nicely then wham external forces rudely butt in & a change in direction is called for, best made plans & all that. However I agree...

I reckon, maybe wrongly, that these kind of projects needs a joint effort from the community, rather then being "one man shows".

I would say rightly, each individual has unique talents which contribute to a solution, there seems to be fragmented snippets of illumination in the quest for open source rambooting/BootSDI but the definative solution is still conspicuosly absent.

Other methods of Media Booting are covered in the main (Floppy to network) however a gap still remains in respect of RAM. Software developers with few exceptions write ever larger complex programs with bottlenecked media. Increased bloatware results in slower performance, it's a trade off between functionality & speed. What good is a super dooper, fan dangle operating system if operates at a snails pace when much of of functionality will never be used fully by the individual (Vista), thank goodness for Vlite & nlite?

The speed & size of memory increases with every upgrade of PC's to point where operating systems like XP can be run from them with no apparent bottlenecks I have even noticed I-Ram 4gig cards that accommodate ram & will boot in approx 10 seconds reputedly & are lightening fast, capable of data transfer at 1.5Gb/s per sec. Also HyperDrives From HyperOS systems. Although very very expensive are capable of data transfer @ 3Gb/s per sec. But then I remember DVD recorders were in excess of £500-00 when they first came out now you can buy them for less than £100-00 maybe there is hope LOL!

2010 is only 2 years away Tick Tock, Tick Tock (No pressure inferred) & M$oft will have consolidated rambooting. Never mind, maybe when these files are removed from circulation & Rambooting comes into vogue again, the mother of invention will be necessity! Playing devils advocate, If I was M$oft I would alter the code of the Win2K Server files simply to XP files then market M$ofts BootSDI & make users pay for the privilege of BootSDI. The pirates will then hack/reverse engineer & Bit torrent will then suddenly become the repositories of pirated M$ BootSDI & I suppose they all lived happily ever after! A cynical viewpoint but one none-the-less that is feasible.

When all said & done my appreciation is extended to you (Jaclaz) for the feature filled replies you have furnished in respect of questions that originally related to mobileOS. I/we have wandered from the original question but has been an eye opener for me. I wish I was capable of filling this apparent gap & write a ramdisk driver that would load operating systems but alas I am not clever enough!

Regards & Respect,

ispy ;)

#12 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:32 PM

If I was M$oft I would alter the code of the Win2K Server files simply to XP files then market M$ofts BootSDI & make users pay for the privilege of BootSDI. The pirates will then hack/reverse engineer & Bit torrent will then suddenly become the repositories of pirated M$ BootSDI & I suppose they all lived happily ever after! A cynical viewpoint but one none-the-less that is feasible.

If you were M$oft:
1) you won't be here on the board
2) you would make our friend windrv happy (and possibly a bit richer), as greedy as you are :whistling:, your ramdisk would sell for at least thrice the price of disklessangel, incrementing proportionally it's sales.
;)

But sometimes I really do not get people ;), though I do like Freeware Open Source apps better, if you NEED Ramdisk booting, for your business or activity, you can well pay a few bucks for it, or if you are a hobbyist you can use the trial version from MS.
From a purely "financial" viewpoint:
up to 512 Mb US$0 (trial version from MS) or around US$600~1200 for a Server 2003 License)
up to 1 Gb US$50 (disklessangel)
up to 2 Gb US$100 (disklessangel)
up to 3 Gb US$150 (disklessangel)
up to 4 Gb US$200 (disklessangel)

jaclaz

#13 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:59 PM

If you were M$oft:
1) you won't be here on the board

LOL! Didn't say I was, key phrase here "Playing devils advocate" but point taken!

2) you would make our friend windrv happy (and possibly a bit richer), as greedy as you are , your ramdisk would sell for at least thrice the price of disklessangel, incrementing proportionally it's sales.

UMmm, I didn't know about disklessangel (sorry missed your post#8 reference), albeit that it is payware, it is still an alternative, my painted black canvas is receiving some colour thanks to you, but a freeware alternative would balance the whole picture nicely!

Don't get me wrong I am not against commercial software its just that 90% of the wealth of the world is in the hands of 5% of the worlds population, (I fall somewhere towards the bottom end of the 5% but none-the-less would be classified as wealthy & tight I might add) many however cannot afford to pay for software & why should these individuals be precluded because they do not have the means or ability to pay! You have enlightened & raised my spirits somewhat as an alternative does exist but would be even happier is a freeware alternative existed!

as greedy as you are

;) Maybe you are right, I am greedy, just a little more, for the have not's!

Just 1 last question which version of winlogon (Oop's sorry, yes Minlogon) is used for creation of BootSDI, XP embedded SP1 or SP2 or does it really matter?

Regards & Respect,

ispy ;)

#14 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:31 AM

Just 1 last question which version of winlogon is used for creation of BootSDI, XP embedded SP1 or SP2 or does it really matter?

I think it doesn't matters, we are talking of minlogon, right?

Please note that minlogon is not an "essential" component of any build, (exception made for XPCLI) and is not used on any "PE based" build where the authentication stage winlogon+gina+whatever is already substitited by the loading through SETUPLDR.BIN.

I mentioned it, since when expressing one's desires there are no limits :whistling:, because of XPCLI and because there are cases where there is no need of user authentication, and it really speeds up the booting.

jaclaz

#15 euhenio

euhenio

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:01 AM

Nuno Brito

I never managed to get mobileOS working, so my experience related to this project isn't very positive.

Attached Files

#16 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:09 AM

euhenio :cheers:

Nice to see you again on the board! B)

jaclaz

#17 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

hi euhenio.

Would you please let us know what has changed?

What is the wb version you used to test the project?

Any other notes?

It's a bit difficult to imagine all this and some words from your side might also help other readers to understand the work conditions behind your project.

Thanks.. :cheers:

#18 euhenio

euhenio

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:48 PM

Thanks

This is ready Ram.img, without Bin.Img

- Unpack archive
- Copy into windows folder
- Edit boot.ini (see example of my boot.ini)
- Test it(restart, choice "MobileOS")

no risk

Version for WB is planned(this require time)

#19 Christian

Christian

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:10 PM

Thanks

This is ready Ram.img, without Bin.Img

- Unpack archive
- Copy into windows folder
- Edit boot.ini (see example of my boot.ini)
- Test it(restart, choice "MobileOS")

no risk

Version for WB is planned(this require time)

getting error...

========================
Windows could not start due to an error while booting from a RAMDISK.
Windows failed to open the RAMDISK image

========================

AND this error when trying to reboot in Windows :cheers:
========================
Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<Windows root>system32\hal.dll
Please re-install a copy of the above file.
========================

#20 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

You need RAMDISK enabled boot files (from server 2003 SP1 or R2, NOT "gold", NOT SP2).

Read here:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=4952

jaclaz

#21 euhenio

euhenio

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:43 AM

Christian

Windows could not start due to an error while booting from a RAMDISK.
Windows failed to open the RAMDISK image

wrong edit boot.ini

jaclaz

You need RAMDISK enabled boot files

no - this build include all boot files (for test)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users