#1 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:22 PM

B) Here is an interesting portable program Maker :confused1:

Sales pitch from the web site to wet your appetite:

Ever wished you could pack an entire application into one single .EXE and take it with you anywhere without having to reinstall it every time?
At work, at home, on your laptop, at a friend...
Ever wanted to avoid having to reinstall all your applications every time you change, upgrade or reformat your computer?
Or, if you are an IT admin, have you ever dreamed you didn't have to test and deploy applications, and simply let your users launch them on demand whenever they needed to?

If so, application virtualization is probably what you need. Give Cameyo a try. It is (and will remain) free!

Here's the link:

http://www.cameyo.com/

TIP Time! :unsure:

Cameyo apps can be portable.
You Could use a Windows XP virtual machine in VirtualBox, with the latest Cameyo installed on it.
Boot Virtual Machine.
Install any prerequisites you DON'T want captured in your Cameyo snapshot (i.e .Net Framework)
Take initial Cameyo snapshot.
Install application you want to virtualise.
Take final Cameyo snapshot. This then builds the virtualised package.
EDIT the package - there's an option to have all modifications stored under the EXE's directory.
Save package modifications.
Move package off virtual machine.
Reset VM.
Copy new Cameyo'd EXE to VM.
Test application.
Reset VM for next time.

Maybe the Cameyo program itself could be made portable?

Well nuff said NJOY!

Regards,

Ispy Eyespy or when I'm in a friendly mood Hi-Spy
:)

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:16 PM

The "L" rebooter has mentioned that tool and a few others on this topic: http://reboot.pro/13940/

Some of them I didn't knew and you might find them interesting to try out as well.

How are things going with you? Long time no see, welcome!

:mellow:

#3 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:49 PM

Hi Nuno, :loleverybody:

Many Thanks for the reply, yes a good link for other portable program makers. On the newzy side I am doing good, have been real busy with church and other stuff, hows the little one doing and do you still have the electric scooter?

Regards to you and your wife

Hi-spy :cheers:

#4 Michele13

Michele13

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 167 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

Hey this is a good tutorial but remember: Cameyo packages store things in registry so if you don't want to "dirt" your friend computer when you use such apps you should do the following:

1.Open the package editor
2.Click on the 'Advanced' tab
3.In the section called 'remove traces upon app exit' check the option 'Leave no registry traces (registry changes will be saved in a file)'

Another interesting thing in Cameyo 2.0 is the Ghost Capture feature that allows you to install the application virtually so nothing is installed on your computer for real but it's like I Install an app on a SandBox envirment and after that the package is built the SandBox is cleared :)

edit:

Ghost Capture is available only in the new interface of Cameyo and it requires you to install Net Framework 3.5
You can still use Cameyo if you don't have the new interface you will have the old one

Cameyo.jpg
new interface

images.jpeg
old interface

#5 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4198 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

LIke the old ones simple interface. But im liking youre review about the new option of virtual sandbox. Thanks!

#6 Michele13

Michele13

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 167 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

However when I exit from a portable program made by Cameyo it leaves an empty registry key:

HKCUSoftwareVOS :ph34r:

this problem will be solved soon. I've contacted Cameyo Support :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users