Picotrain
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:03 PM

Hi all,

I hope you can help me.

I have a liveXP CD that boots and uses PENetwork to install any Lan drivers we need. It then loads Ghost so we can clone the device.
We recently received a Panasonic CF-H1 which has an ethernet port in the dock. I copied the drivers into the the PENetwork Drivers folder assuming this would work. When it loaded it said found "LAN9500 USB 2.0 to Ethernet 10/100 Adapter" which is correct, then it said no adaptor found. I think this maybe something to do with it using a USB controller. What i am unsure is to how i can get the usb controller loaded before PENetwork kicks in. I may be well off with my trail of thought so i welcome any other ideas or pointers. I'm pretty new to all of this so be gentle!!

Many Thanks

Ross

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

If it is only a question of timing, a manual second start of PENetwork should help.

If that does not help, anything of USB is missing in the PE.

AFAIK this is the first time that such a "hybrid" NIC is used.

Peter

#3 Picotrain

Picotrain
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:34 PM

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply. No metter how long i leave it after the first time PENetwork launches i always get the same message of adaptor not found when i try to start PENetwork again. I am only installing the DPS Mass storage driver package, which is why i think its a driver issue of some sort. Is there somweway i can create a folder for "other" drivers and get these installed as part of the loading of liveXP? This way i can test with the other drivers i have??

Many Thanks again!

Ross

#4 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:10 PM

Maybe it helps to install drivers > 4 Storage > Removable Devices Combo.

You may also try Drivers > 6 Other > hostNIC. For that you need a writable PE. FBWF or boot from RAM

Unfortunatelly I have no experience with this theme. I'm only fishing in the dark. But at least hostNIC I know. I wrote this.

Peter

#5 Picotrain

Picotrain
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:55 AM

Hi Peter!

I forget to mention i already had the "Removable Device Combo" working as we use usb keyboards and Mice.

I used hostNic and it found the device and then install the driver for it, but as soon as i run PENetwork i still get the message that it found the network card and then it goes straight to the box which says "No Network Cards Detected!". Is there a way to see where PENetwork is falling over, an error log perhaps??

Many Thanks

Ross

#6 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:29 PM

A:) For HostNIC, your host system needs to be XP or W2k3, depending on the source you used to build your PE.
With some drivers this is not critical, but with some it is.

B:) Enable debug mode in the PENetwork.script during build, if you do not already have it. This will create a log in %Temp%.

:)

#7 Benzin

Benzin

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:46 PM

I get the exact same problem from time to time.
Most computers i boot with my livexp.iso work fine, their NICs get properly detected and installed, but a few dont, even tho i know the driver is there.
The last one that did this, was a Gateway MX3139m laptop. I dont remember the make&model of its builtin NIC, but i know that its driver is included in the lan driverpack that is included on my iso.
I get the exact same messages you do, "Found XXXX NIC" and then "No adapter found".

Ill be following this post, hoping that someone has a solution for this problem.

#8 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:32 PM

I sent a PM to Holger to have a look here. Maybe this is an right now unknown missing feature or bug of PENetwork.

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users