Photo
- - - - -

how come win7pe se is just not working!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:35 PM

Thanks for the explanation, Scott.

My example was intended to demonstrate that the old wimfltr service is not desirable when trying to use dism or the Win7 imagex. I end up with directory full of faulty reparse points! For that reason, I am less interested in using the Vista imagex on Win7. Maybe I've become more patient.

From what I have heard, when using the Vista imagex on Win7 host OS, wimfltr and wimmount services running together seem OK provided that the WIM image is not Win7 SP1.

Some Win7PE_SE projects seem to install and start the old wimfltr by default, regardless of the OS, requiring a reboot to get rid of it. (Unlike wimmount which can be started and stopped with "net start ...")

You are right, and I also am more interested in using the "correct" (i.e. current set of tools) to access Win7 WIM files. BUT, I'm not patient :whistling: so I just extract the contents and point at that...One time cost and just diskspace...

As for the fact that if you don't set the recent Win7PE_SE project to always use the slower, current win7 version of the tools, it will try to use the older versions...Maybe this is something ChrisR can look at when he gets back from Vacation - i.e. unregister / uninstall the older wimfiltr...

#27 Michael*

Michael*

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 210 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:40 PM

I have a lot of problems with that Superfinder XT script when I try to rebuild a failed project. I clean the temp folders, but the files in the target are readonly or something. Anyway, I figured it was just me. Like I said, this was after some failed builds that end early. ....

#28 ericgl

ericgl

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 340 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:52 AM

sbaeder / ChrisR,

I recommend using an app called "Everything" instead of SuperFinder.
Everything is the fastest search app I've ever come across.
It's free, it's small, it has a portable version - and it creates very small index files.
Just as an example - Indexing 2TB of data took me less than 20 seconds.

I highly recommend it. I use it on WinXP Pro x86 and Win7 x64, and it works without a hitch.
I turned off the Windows Indexing Service as there's no need for it anymore.

I also recommend going into the Options menu and giving Everything the keyboard shortcut: Win+Alt+F.
It's similar to Windows' own shortcut (Win+F) and easy to remember.

Here's the link to Everyhting's website:
http://www.voidtools.com/

Edited by ericgl, 27 July 2011 - 06:53 AM.

#29 befrielse

befrielse

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:46 PM

I have random errors in my build. Pstart not working, PPapps not working, Superfinder build error, Sidebar clock not working (if i try to remove first gadget then sidebar not showing up at all) etc

Trying to build from SP 0 instead of SP 1

#30 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

I have random errors in my build. Pstart not working, PPapps not working, Superfinder build error, Sidebar clock not working (if i try to remove first gadget then sidebar not showing up at all) etc

Trying to build from SP 0 instead of SP 1

OK - BUT, the basics we ALWAYS tell people that is *IF* you are having any trouble at all - you need to
  • Turn ON the debug log options
  • Capture the log.html
  • POST it on some file sharing site so we can see it
  • THEN post in a new thread what you r issues are WITH details about the machine and environment

THEN we can MAYBE help you

#31 Michael*

Michael*

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 210 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

I think the superfinder.script should be looked at. It builds properly the 1st time, but try rebuilding the project again ...

Edited by Michael*, 27 July 2011 - 03:30 PM.

#32 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:35 PM

I think the superfinder.script should be looked at. It builds properly the 1st time, but try rebuilding the project again ...

Try with this script and see if you get any or same errors:
http://al-jo.zxq.net/SuperFinder.7z
Please report here later the result…
:cheers:

#33 befrielse

befrielse

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

Try with this script and see if you get any or same errors:
http://al-jo.zxq.net/SuperFinder.7z
Please report here later the result…
:cheers:

I replaced the original 7SE_PE script with this one and it works okey!

The rest of the errors (exept for the clock gadget) depends on the fact that 7PE SE dont mount my usbdrive and then Pstart and ppapps dont work of course.

I have a older build of 7 PE SE and i works okey...

#34 deajan

deajan
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

Sorry if it's late, but i hope it will help other people. Here's the answer: http://reboot.pro/16054/

Here's what I have:
Host OS: Windows XP Pro SP3 eng x86
Source for Win7PESE: Windows7 Ultimate with SP1 eng x64, original media from DELL.
I've downloaded the latest project that ChrisR released: Win7PE_SE (2011_07_22).7z

I press Play to run the build, the process begins, but then I get the error:
cmd.exe cannot be copied to D:DownloadsWin7PE_SE (2011_07_22)TempWin7PE_SEHostOSTools

What's going on? What do I do to get the build process to finish normally?
Please help.

Posted Image

#35 danielbostock

danielbostock
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:08 AM

Hi,

I too am experiencing this same problem. I see the script that Dejean has made but I am unsure where this actually goes to resolve this issue? Please forgive my noobness if I am missing the complete obvious here!

Thanks,
Daniel.

#36 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:06 AM

Hi,

I too am experiencing this same problem. I see the script that Dejean has made but I am unsure where this actually goes to resolve this issue? Please forgive my noobness if I am missing the complete obvious here!

Well, :unsure: you are forgiven, but probably you are missing the obvious here :w00t: in the sense that you provided not any meaningful information about your specific environment, the specific error, etc.

Try providing the Standard Litany :):

http://homepage.ntlw...ard-litany.html

and a Winbuilder .log.

:duff:

Wonko

#37 danielbostock

danielbostock
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:57 AM

Hi Wonko,

I understand that you guys have a special requirement for logging issues we are having. However after reading this post the error that is occurring is the same as Dejean, so I fail to see why I need to post all that information? I am just asking where I need to put his script fix to test if that will fix it, I am not logging a new error.

Thanks!

#38 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:46 AM

Hi Wonko,

I understand that you guys have a special requirement for logging issues we are having. However after reading this post the error that is occurring is the same as Dejean, so I fail to see why I need to post all that information? I am just asking where I need to put his script fix to test if that will fix it, I am not logging a new error.

Thanks!

You have to understand that what you see (and completely fail to describe properly to us) is only a symptom.

You have the same symptom as Dejean, OK :), but in the case of Dejean the symptom was caused by the particular environment and settings he had (Server 2008 R2 and the way user(s) were logged in his particular environment) and the remedy he devised was specific to the symptom being diagnosed as being caused by that particular setup, hence changing the particular setting (user) in his particular environment removed the cause of the symptom, in you case, the same symptom may well be originated by something else.

Consider you go to your doctor telling him "I have a headache, just like my cousin who once had a headache because he drank too many coffees." while avoiding to tell the doctor that you were just hit on the head with a baseball bat, would you expect the doctor to tell you that you should really drink less coffee or to have him inspect your skull for damages from the baseball bat hit and give you remedies for that instead? :dubbio:

Check this:

http://reboot.pro/to...ead-this-first/

the matter has been talked about and "coded" a long time ago, you may want to try and help us help you or stubbornly insist on not providing needed details, of course it is only up to you, as all in all it is your problem, I am only pointing you at the suggested way to have more probabilities to get support in solving it. :)

:duff:

Wonko

• pscEx likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users