#76 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:56 PM

JonF

what is the issue with dipe ????, i cant reproduce here, file extracted by unpack line and works without problem !

tataee
winbuilder univercity, lesson: option104 :
Winbuilder->Tools->Options->Log name with time stamp

anyway, here is a trial: delete drvimport script and download again. There is no problem i see with the script.

#77 tataee

tataee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:03 AM

anyway, here is a trial: delete drvimport script and download again. There is no problem i see with the script.

did that, same result :D((

#78 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:09 AM

The log indicates that all files in the "Folder" folder were extracted.

@tataee: in Winbuilder, with Driver Import PE selected, click the little wrench just to the left of "Driver Import PE":

1.png

Then click the "Attachments" button, and highlight the "Folder" folder ... what do you see?

2.png

#79 tataee

tataee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:12 AM

@ JohnF
you are right, the drvimp.exe it's there... but why it's missing after the build is done?
it's missing in the emulation software and after burning the cd... something is wrong and i can't figure it out by mi self...

#80 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:23 AM

@tataee
I see from your log that you are not running with latest scripts. Please update your LiveXP with latest scripts off the server.

Regards,
Galapo.

#81 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:27 AM

An idea: are you using on-access virus scanner which could be deleting DIPE for some reason?

#82 tataee

tataee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:29 AM

i have updated the scripts meanwhile... i have an anti-virus, i'll disable it, didn't try that :D
thanks for the suggestion!

#83 tataee

tataee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:57 AM

well, now it works, due to Galapo suggestion about the antivirus
It seems the antivirus was working in background and deleted the drvimp.exe file each time...
thank you very very much Galapo!!!

is there any chance to store other files on the cd beside the one that winbuilder uses ? i would like to add the driver packages to have them closer :D

#84 whosane

whosane

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:02 PM

Hi Galapo,

I started getting the "nLited source detected - aborting project build" and found this post.

I think this check was added to only prevent the DPMassStorage script from using a XP source already nLited with the DPMassStorage drivers. I do use nLite but only for integrating the service pack and the hotfixes. Is it incorrect to use an XP source with only the service pack and hotfixes nLited for building LiveXP? I've used a source like this for sometime now without problems.

Also, the option to bypass the nLite check is a hidden checkbox. I won't complain if its atleast visible :hypocrite:. Would that be possible.

Thanks,
whosane

P.S : sorry to hijack tataee's post.

#85 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:49 PM

@whosane
nLited source is not recommended for building a PE. It can cause issues for the functioning of harddisk controllers, and you'll see from other posts it is responsible for numerous other build problems.

Hence a check is now made so we as project authors/maintainers don't have to keep spending our time dealing with issues which we eventually realise as caused by a modified source. So I'm not sure if I want to make the checkbox visible; I was debating in the first instance whether to make a checkbox anyway. I'd like to know Lancelot's opinion on this too.

Regards,
Galapo.

#86 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:40 AM

@whosane

I agree with the decision of Galapo.

Modified (ex: nlite which is very popular) sources cause a lot of time to project authors/maintainers not only because of dps. Having an available hidden option is better for only the experienced users like you :hypocrite: who can predict and solve the troubles (if/when happens) of modified source themselves knowing the fact they are using one.

With other words, we save new users (who like to click anything they see :smart: ) and project authors/maintainers valuable time with keeping the optionality available which we like a lot :hypocrite: I hope you understand :hypocrite:

I feel we will have some more hidden time saving options later, like detecting some oem cds ( Dell <_< )

#87 whosane

whosane

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:41 AM

Hi Lancelot, Galapo

I understand that it would be quite difficult helping a new user who has a modified source and i think that it is important to prevent the user from using such a source. From this point of view, on my part, i can live with having to disabling the check for nlite manually. :hypocrite: It would be nice though, if the option to disable the nLite check remained even if invisible. :hypocrite:

Thanks, <_<
whosane

#88 tataee

tataee

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:29 PM

usb device didn't install properly... it remains with a exclamation sign... what can i do?

#89 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:10 PM

@jaclaz

i have my xp lcd licensed by microsoft BUT it's xp no service pack. payd almost $300 for it... I wo'nt pay any penny for a new xp sp3 just for testing...
put ur self in my shoes, money don't grow in trees...

tataee,

Dipe topic is a topic with specific subject :hypocrite:, better to keep only dipe questions there :hypocrite:

What is "XP Lcd"?

#90 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:28 PM

What is "XP Lcd"?

XP Live CD = LiveXP CD?

0 user(s) are reading this topic