#1 archimede

archimede

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:50 PM

Hallo.
I'm new and I'm Italian, then I'm sorry if I write some stupid things.
I used for the first time winbuilder074 and it work but not perfectly: it not found one dll library; I searched it and copied where the program told not found it and the restarted; then works and made a complete work.
When I restarted machine using the made preinstalled system, it worked but not allowed me to see the machine HD.
I have a fujitsu siemens AMILO portable PC.
Thank you very much

#2 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:04 PM

Hmmm, :) being Italian is not a pre-requisite for writing stupid things, nor the cause of it, being new might help :(, but there is not any direct link with it either.

Something is either stupid or is it not, no matter the nationality, sex, religion, social class or whatever of the writer. :cheers:

Or maybe you are meaning that your nationality is the cause of your being sorry in case of writing stupid things? :cheers:

:cheers:

Does it use a SATA hard drive?
Or however a non-standard controller?
(check on your "normal" booted system what driver is used for the disk, you might need to integrate the driver in your Winbuilder build)

jaclaz

#3 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:12 PM

Hallo.
I used for the first time winbuilder074 and it work but not perfectly: it not found one dll library; I searched it and copied where the program told not found it and the restarted; then works and made a complete work.
When I restarted machine using the made preinstalled system, it worked but not allowed me to see the machine HD.
Thank you very much

Can you tell us
  • which project you built
  • which source CD you used
  • which DLL was missing
  • did the project run in emulator, e.g. qEmu
Peter

#4 archimede

archimede

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:27 PM

Hmmm, :) being Italian is not a pre-requisite for writing stupid things, nor the cause of it, being new might help :(, but there is not any direct link with it either.

Something is either stupid or is it not, no matter the nationality, sex, religion, social class or whatever of the writer. :cheers:

Or maybe you are meaning that your nationality is the cause of your being sorry in case of writing stupid things? :cheers:

:cheers:

Does it use a SATA hard drive?
Or however a non-standard controller?
(check on your "normal" booted system what driver is used for the disk, you might need to integrate the driver in your Winbuilder build)

jaclaz

:-)
How is possible for me to know if the internal HD of my portable PC is SATA or IDE?
The name of hD is FUJITSU MHV2080BH; are you able to know if this is IDE or SATA?
I am not able to integrate the driver in WinBuilder, can you tell me how I can make that?
Thank you very much

#5 archimede

archimede

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:36 PM

Can you tell us

• which project you built

XP live CD

• which source CD you used

XP professional SP2

• which DLL was missing

WINBUILDER 074\Workbench\Common\GImageX\wimgapi.dll
I searched it in the computer and manually copied into the folder where WinBuilder told not found it

• did the project run in emulator, e.g. qEmu

Yes, I tried it without control if woud be possible to see the HD

#6 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:47 PM

As expected, it's a SATA:
FUJITSU MHV2080BH
http://www.fujitsu.c...bh-catalog.html

You need to go to Device Manager (Gestione Periferiche) and check which drivers you are using on your current OS (I presume XP) for the Disk Controller.

There is a "SATA" script for LiveXP, but you must also follow psc advice and post details on the project you are building and the said info about the needed driver, so that some other member with specific experience may be able to help you.

jaclaz

#7 archimede

archimede

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:03 PM

As expected, it's a SATA:
FUJITSU MHV2080BH
http://www.fujitsu.c...bh-catalog.html

You need to go to Device Manager (Gestione Periferiche) and check which drivers you are using on your current OS (I presume XP) for the Disk Controller.

There is a "SATA" script for LiveXP, but you must also follow psc advice and post details on the project you are building and the said info about the needed driver, so that some other member with specific experience may be able to help you.

jaclaz

I see into Device Manager that the HD drivers are
disk.sys
PartMgr.sys
maded in Microsoft

#8 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:20 PM

NOT the Hard Disk (unità disco) drivers, the CONTROLLER driver.

jaclaz

#9 archimede

archimede

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:22 PM

Now I don't know how to insert that drivers into the preinstalled Operative System.
I don't know if that 2 files are all what I need.

#10 archimede

archimede

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:36 PM

NOT the Hard Disk (unità disco) drivers, the CONTROLLER driver.

jaclaz

The controllers driver I see are:
INTEL 82801G (ICH7 family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF (I think this is not interesting)
INTEL 82801GBM SATA AHCI Controller -> Properties -> Driver -> C:\windows\System32\Drivers\iaStor.sys

Is this?

#11 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:48 PM

The controllers driver I see are:
INTEL 82801G (ICH7 family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF (I think this is not interesting)
INTEL 82801GBM SATA AHCI Controller -> Properties -> Driver -> C:\windows\System32\Drivers\iaStor.sys

Is this?

In your project tree, navigate to Drivers > Storage > SATA Drivers
On the right, deselect all drivers with the exception of the first Intel driver.

If that does not help, we have to add the HW ID of your disk to textsetup.sif

Peter

BTW: Newbies sometimes have the wrong assumption to see the disk in emulator.

Of course you can detect it only when booting from burned CD.

#12 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:44 PM

Please run the attached app and post the output. I want to see if the device's HWID is supported currently in LiveXP (if so, I'll be able to inform you on how to get this working) or if it needs to be done "manually" as Peter suggested.

Thanks,
Galapo.

Attached Files

#13 archimede

archimede

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:15 PM

In your project tree, navigate to Drivers > Storage > SATA Drivers
On the right, deselect all drivers with the exception of the first Intel driver.

If that does not help, we have to add the HW ID of your disk to textsetup.sif

Peter

BTW: Newbies sometimes have the wrong assumption to see the disk in emulator.

Of course you can detect it only when booting from burned CD.

I found the script, but I don't know how I can select or deselect a driver.
I found some driver's name "iaStor" then I'm not able to identifiy exactly what you told me
Sorry for my ignorance. :-(

#14 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:26 PM

[OT-begin]
I post this off-topic (pardon me!) only because I'm Italian too... :) and because about (international) stupidity I have a my barmy (maybe stupid) theory... which conclusion is:
in any intellectual relationship I prefer sheer wickedness to stupidity.
But that wickedness must be honest...
[OT-end]

:(

Hmmm, :cheers: being Italian is not a pre-requisite for writing stupid things, nor the cause of it, being new might help :cheers: , but there is not any direct link with it either.

:cheers: :cheers: :)

#15 archimede

archimede

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:26 PM

Please run the attached app and post the output. I want to see if the device's HWID is supported currently in LiveXP (if so, I'll be able to inform you on how to get this working) or if it needs to be done "manually" as Peter suggested.

Thanks,
Galapo.

I hope this can be useful for you (and for me after, obvoiusly...) :-)

Attached Files

#16 archimede

archimede

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:43 PM

Now I think I can ask a simple question: if I have many different machines with Windows XP, is not only necessary to make a different pre-installed XP Operative System but is necessary to dowload a new WinBuilder for every system, too... Or I mistake?

#17 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:15 PM

Hi archimede,

Thanks for posting the HWIDs. I can confirm now that the "sata drivers" script will more than likely not gain you access to your drive. Please try the "Build DPs Mass Storage Drivers script" for which you will need to download the DriverPacks BASE from here: http://www.driverpac...nload.php?pag=b and the DriverPack MassStorage pack from here: http://www.driverpac...rPack.php?pag=m

Place the two downloaded files in the same folder. Either in the assumed directory '%GlobalTemplates%\DPs\MassStorage' (which equates to '%basedir%\Workbench\Common\DPs\MassStorage') or point the script to the alternative location. Click 'Build' and the script will process the downloaded files and generate another script called "DPs Mass Storage Drivers" which will be automatically selected and awaiting for you to run the entire project again and see if you have access to your drive.

Regards,
Galapo.

#18 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:14 AM

Hi archimede,

Thanks for posting the HWIDs. I can confirm now that the "sata drivers" script will more than likely not gain you access to your drive. Please try the "Build DPs Mass Storage Drivers script" for which you will need to download the DriverPacks BASE from here: http://www.driverpac...nload.php?pag=b and the DriverPack MassStorage pack from here: http://www.driverpac...rPack.php?pag=m

Place the two downloaded files in the same folder. Either in the assumed directory '%GlobalTemplates%\DPs\MassStorage' (which equates to '%basedir%\Workbench\Common\DPs\MassStorage') or point the script to the alternative location. Click 'Build' and the script will process the downloaded files and generate another script called "DPs Mass Storage Drivers" which will be automatically selected and awaiting for you to run the entire project again and see if you have access to your drive.

Regards,
Galapo.

Just a question to Galapo, not to irritate archimede:

On his local system the iaStor.sys is running.
Would it not be easier to go into the *.inf and copy the HWID lines?

Peter

#19 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:42 AM

On his local system the iaStor.sys is running.
Would it not be easier to go into the *.inf and copy the HWID lines?

Unfortunately with these intel drivers there is the similarly named file 'iastor.sys' which may or not be compatible with different devices. I do not know which version of iastor.sys he has running. What I do know is, the driverpacks have three versions of iastor.sys, two renamed slightly so they can all exist together, to function for different compatible devices. My hunch is that the driverpacks script will work straight up so that there is no need for editing .infs etc.

Regards,
Galapo.

#20 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:52 AM

Now I think I can ask a simple question: if I have many different machines with Windows XP, is not only necessary to make a different pre-installed XP Operative System but is necessary to dowload a new WinBuilder for every system, too... Or I mistake?

The problem is the non-standard nature of the hardware.
Whilst all IDE/ATAPI controllers did work with the "Standard dual PCI IDE Controller", maybe a bit slower than with the specific drivers, SATA controllers need their own specific driver.
It is not a problem to add as many drivers as are needed, but of course if a new machine needs another driver, the disk won't work anymore, and you might need to rebuild it or, where applicable, use "Press F6" drivers from floppy.

And no, you do not need to download several Winbuilders, from the same install you can create different builds, using different .scripts, but you will need a bit of time to learn how to.

jaclaz

#21 archimede

archimede

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:45 AM

Hi archimede,

Regards,
Galapo.

I made all.

It gave me "error. a DPs mass storage was not supplied. Script will not be built".

I builded the folder "\DPs\MassStorage" under "%basedir%\Workbench\Common" because there was not.
When I unzipped DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_8021.7z it generate some subdirectories:
D (withDriverPack_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32.ini)
Under folder D there is
M
Under folder M there are all folders of all drivers
I copied the folder "D" where you told me , with DPs_BASE_7052.exe into "...\DPs\MassStorage" but I don't know if it is right; if yes, what is the problem?

#22 archimede

archimede

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:50 PM

Hi archimede,

Regards,
Galapo.

I tryed another way
After making %GlobalTemplates%\DPs\MassStorage
I copied all 2 files into that directory (without unzipping all) and I made all you told me
This procedure gave ma this error:
Error - ExtractFile, "%ScriptFile%", "tools", "CreateMassStorageScript.exe", "%GlobalTemplates%\DPs\MassStorage\Decompression
I click "OK"
After this I expected the end of process and re-run WinBuilder; I re-started the same process and it worked without error... why?
Now, restarting newly WinBuilder, I can see "XP Live CD"\Drivers\"4 Storage" that contain this:
Build DPs Mass Storage Drivers script
DPs Mass Storage drivers
LSI plus Bus logic - SCSI drivers for Vmware
SATA drivers
USB Mass Storage Devices

When I click on "DPs Mass Storage drivers" automatically unselect "SATA Drivers" and vice-versa
If I select "DPs Mass Storage drivers" in the right panel I see

DPs Mass Storage Drivers
Adds driver pack Mass Storage drivers to the build. Script has been automatically generated from version 8021. Suitable for XP or 2003. (Adds ~8.25 MB to the build

If I click on it it give me this error: "You need select a valid source for your project"
at this point I'm not able to go away

#23 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:02 PM

If I click on it it give me this error: "You need select a valid source for your project"
at this point I'm not able to go away

I'm rather sure that you (good idea!) download a fresh project before trying Galapo's suggestion.

In a fresh download there is no source CD defined.

It is a 'feature' of winbuilder: When trying anything w/o a valid source CD defined, you get this message.

So: Go to Button 'Paths' and define your source CD.

Peter

#24 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:05 PM

After this I expected the end of process and re-run WinBuilder; I re-started the same process and it worked without error... why?

I do not know but I will certainly investigate. Could you please post your log so that I might be aided in this.

I assume by now that you have defined your source by pointing WinBuilder to your xp or 2003 files -- so do know now gain access to your disk?

Regards,
Galapo.

#25 archimede

archimede

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:54 PM

I'm rather sure that you (good idea!) download a fresh project before trying Galapo's suggestion.

In a fresh download there is no source CD defined.

It is a 'feature' of winbuilder: When trying anything w/o a valid source CD defined, you get this message.

So: Go to Button 'Paths' and define your source CD.

Peter

My source CD of what? The Windows XP professional souce CD? I copied that CD in a directory, then I could set that path? Or you want say the source CD of SATA driver? In that case I've not any source CD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users