135 replies to this topic

#26 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:09 PM

@Oleg
If your slimed down W2k system is the root of your problems, all you need to make it work, would be a list of all files WB and nativeEx need to run!
Nuno and psc should be able to provide you with those informations.

:P

#27 Oleg_II

Oleg_II

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:14 PM

Yeah, I know :P For me it was very strange since I made a few working builds with WB052. And as the only big change in making HIVES on the fly in new model I guess something is going wrong just in there...

By the way, I found that this misterious C:(X) drive appears when Copying files starts and disappears when WB creates ISO file.
As I said before - no additional hives in my local regestry. Going to install a new not slimmed Unattended setup to check it (English version this time though).

#28 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:50 PM

I checked the updates to the wallpaper script and the updates says some other updates.
Drivers\Virtual Net Drivers
Im not sure if this is suppose to be in there.

Im getting this message when booting into barebones. I like the browser idea but I dont like the dos part showing. Its not closing.
Bare.jpg

I think this is a bug:
When you try
Start - Shutdown. Nothing happens.
selecting shutdown a second time bring up the Shutdown Windows prompt.

If the Shutdown windows Prompt comes up and you click on the desktop. The Shutdown window Prompt will dissapear.

#29 Oleg_II

Oleg_II

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:58 PM

Just curious about the updates: if there is something new I can see it checked green. But if there would be something that are going to be obsolete, can I see it also in order to delete or it'll stay in folders anyway?

#30 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:26 PM

But if there would be something that are going to be obsolete, can I see it also in order to delete or it'll stay in folders anyway?

I was thinking the same thing. Good thing you brought it up.

#31 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:41 PM

Nice question, each web server reflects the contents that the author decides to publish - if it becomes obsolete then it should be removed from the list by author himself.

This is a simple method:

if the file doesn't exist on the webserver then it's accepted to be download.

if the file is a script then compare the version and only accept a newer version to download

if the file isn't a script, then compare the filesize and accept as valid if it different.

Some other questions and conditions should be added on next versions, but will still take some time. :P

#32 Oleg_II

Oleg_II

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:30 AM

psc
I have to ask for your assistance now... Attached are Temp folders from two builds:

oleg2_full_Temp.zip - a build on Windows 2000 SP4 (English) FULL installation (not nLited or stripped in other way) with XP SP2 English used as a source (mounted image in Daemon Tools);

oleg2_striped_Temp.zip - a build on W2k stripped and customized with XP SP2 English as a source (all content of an original CD is copied to the hard disk in one folder and your SETUPREG.HIV unzipped and placed into i386 folder.

For me the results are the same - blue screen :P The same results with CD in tray... So it's probably not my "hacked" W2k issue...

I'll try to build again on full installation of W2k SP4 choosing the folder with source files and your SETUPREG.HIV in it on hard disk...

One more test:
oleg2_full_hdd_Temp.zip - Windows 2000 SP4 (English) FULL installation as a host, XP SP2 English as a source in a folder on hard disk (your SETUPREG.HIV unzipped from SETUPREG.zip and placed in i386 folder replacing existing file).
One more blue screen...

Attached Files

#33 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:25 AM

psc
I have to ask for your assistance now... Attached are Temp folders from two builds:

oleg2_full_Temp.zip - a build on Windows 2000 SP4 (English) FULL installation (not nLited or stripped in other way) with XP SP2 English used as a source (mounted image in Daemon Tools);

oleg2_striped_Temp.zip - a build on W2k stripped and customized with XP SP2 English as a source (all content of an original CD is copied to the hard disk in one folder and your SETUPREG.HIV unzipped and placed into i386 folder.

For me the results are the same - blue screen :P The same results with CD in tray... So it's probably not my "hacked" W2k issue...

I'll try to build again on full installation of W2k SP4 choosing the folder with source files and your SETUPREG.HIV in it on hard disk...

One more test:
oleg2_full_hdd_Temp.zip - Windows 2000 SP4 (English) FULL installation as a host, XP SP2 English as a source in a folder on hard disk (your SETUPREG.HIV unzipped from SETUPREG.zip and placed in i386 folder replacing existing file).
One more blue screen...

You did not activate MiscSettings, which delivers PELoader.
W/o MiskSettings, I get a blue screen, too.
I'll add a check in Verify for that.

Peter

#34 Oleg_II

Oleg_II

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:36 AM

I thought of it. No, it's checked and two options below too: Hide... and Kill...

Maybe one of three builds has some changes but I'm sure - I can even post a screen from my settings before running WB (just tried it again).

I also tried minilogon and unchecking Hide... and Kill... options... The same results...

#35 Oleg_II

Oleg_II

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:42 AM

Maybe you can send me the Build folder from your project working on your W2k?

#36 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:43 AM

I thought of it. No, it's checked and two options below too: Hide... and Kill...

Maybe one of three builds has some changes but I'm sure - I can even post a screen from my settings before running WB (just tried it again).

I also tried minilogon and unchecking Hide... and Kill... options... The same results...

ok. Then I have to add a 'log line' to MiskSettings.

I'll continue to check.

Peter

#37 Oleg_II

Oleg_II

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:49 AM

Just one more detail: Windows is loading and I can see MS Windows logo with running line near the bottom (actually it's near the center too :P But just before it should show me desktop (ideally) it gets bsod...

#38 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:57 AM

Just one more detail: Windows is loading and I can see MS Windows logo with running line near the bottom (actually it's near the center too :P But just before it should show me desktop (ideally) it gets bsod...

What is the BSOD message?

Peter

#39 Oleg_II

Oleg_II

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:06 AM

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

This one is from stripped system. I'll post a screen from full W2k in 15 minutes.

The same message in full W2k installation as a host:

Attached Thumbnails

• oleg2bsod.jpg

#40 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:06 AM

I have to agree with psc, this all sounds suspiciously like the the logon manager has a problem.
You could check the CD if it really is there.

How about downloading psc nativeEX_barebone and building a CD with it wihout changing any settings.
If it bsods again, you could send psc a directotry listing. If it checks out, you know that the problem can only be in one of the hives! ?

#41 Oleg_II

Oleg_II

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:13 AM

I'm using nativeEX_barebone.
An hour ago I successuly installed XP on a real computer from this CD.

I probably found something... It maybe connected with Explorer... Shall report in a half of an hour...

#42 Oleg_II

Oleg_II

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:32 AM

Confirmed - it is not the source problem. Just ran WB on fresh XP installation (from that disk) and used the same disk as a source - working! (By the way, what I saw there was just marvelous :P

One more test is going...

We are going somewhere... I saw the desktop! There was an error about missing aplication but it is something that can be traced. At least I'm sure my source is not corrupted and WB can work even on my HFSLIPed Windows 2000 :P

#43 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:58 AM

I have to agree with psc, this all sounds suspiciously like the the logon manager has a problem.
You could check the CD if it really is there.

How about downloading psc nativeEX_barebone and building a CD with it wihout changing any settings.
If it bsods again, you could send psc a directotry listing. If it checks out, you know that the problem can only be in one of the hives! ?

Thanks for your help trial, MedEvil.

But the issue seems to be very deep inside Bill G's mysteries.
As to be seen from the post #32 attachements, Oleg II uses nativeEX_barebone, a project which runs on 99.99% of all English systems perfectly.

Because I exclude Voodoo, there must be a reason which can be found.

Peter

#44 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:04 PM

Confirmed - it is not the source problem. Just ran WB on fresh XP installation (from that disk) and used the same disk as a source - working! (By the way, what I saw there was just marvelous :P

One more test is going...

We are going somewhere... I saw the desktop! There was an error about missing aplication but it is something that can be traced. At least I'm sure my source is not corrupted and WB can work even on my HFSLIPed Windows 2000 :P

You see me somewhat happy! :P

So: Do you think it depends on host w2000?
If yes, it must be a special 'Oleg II w2000'. It works well on my w2000 PC. :P

Tell more about the missing application.
(I already did some adaptions that WinBuilder can be used on a w2000 host; maybe there is one or more adaption still missing. But here again I asume an 'Oleg II special')

Peter

#45 Oleg_II

Oleg_II

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:14 PM

psc
Thanks for your time! :P But I'm not finished yet :P

it must be a special 'Oleg II w2000'.

Yep! :P

When I choose PEShell it complains about missing lsass.exe.

When I choose minlogon it shows me desktop and reboots.

What do you think is the problem here?

PS The previous problem with just not starting was in Explorer script options - I don't know if it was from the very beginning or it was me who change it (unconsciously of course :P to Don't set Explorer as shell... When I turned this option off it worked on XP and half-working on my W2k...

#46 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:22 PM

psc
Thanks for your time! But I'm not finished yet :P

Yep! :P

When I choose PEShell it complains about missing lsass.exe.

When I choos minlogon it shows me desktop and reboots.

What do you think is the problem here?

Since you sounded so surprised that it worked on a real machine, i guess you're only testing in a virtual machine.
It that VM should be qEmu get yourself VirtualPC, i had problems withqEmu too.
VPC is much faster and delivers more predictable results! :P
Diver scripts, though not included in any of the projects, are available too. :P

#47 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for your help trial, MedEvil.

Let me try once more! :P
Replace your -Wlcome.bat by a shortcut to get rid of the annoying cmd prompt.

PS: While on the topic of OB1. There is a new version of the script.

#48 Oleg_II

Oleg_II

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:31 PM

MedEvil :P
But other people can run it on qEmu? Well, I'm testing NEW things in a VM but then I test it on real computers (it is very easy with RAM Boot and Grub4DOS :P

By the way if you don't like that CMD window - just uncheck Welcome.script :P

#49 Oleg_II

Oleg_II

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:41 PM

I was wrong about missing lsass.exe. It's something like this: lsass.exe The application fails initialise properly...

#50 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:48 PM

PS The previous problem with just not starting was in Explorer script options - I don't know if it was from the very beginning or it was me who change it (unconsciously of course :P to Don't set Explorer as shell... When I turned this option off it worked on XP and half-working on my W2k...

Try to start again with an empty folder, as described in the first post.
Do not skip any step which seems to be not remarkably.
Do also the WinBuilder download!
Do not change anything other than the described items!

Do this test on your w2000 and the new XP.

Save the temp directories and the log files to have access if necessary.

Peter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users