Iamwithin

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:15 AM

I'm baack. :whistling:

Okay, so I navigated to PENetwork, "Add drivers," etc, used the explore button,
added the drivers for my Network Card: Intel® 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection
closed everything up and re-built. During the PE Script I saw the drivers added.
After the build I ran in Qemu and it loaded drivers for a REALTEC Network card,
which worked, because Opera connected to google.

After burning CD and booting, PE reports it cannot find a Network Card.
HostNic was useless, it sees the card but tells me I do not have access. I used A43 and navigated to the CD folder and there were all the drivers right where they were suppose to be.

Suggestions anyone? I'd really like to access Internet from LiveXP.

And also, I noticed in the complete build there is an Antivirus program.
While I intend on tackling that, for this recommended build how may I add that Antivirus.

As always, thank you.

#2 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:46 AM

Welcome back Iamwithin,

Intel network drivers should not cause a trouble to you (as far as I see so far). Be sure they are xp/2k3-32bit drivers (not vista etc.). For now I leave further advices to our nic experts.

And also, I noticed in the complete build there is an Antivirus program.
While I intend on tackling that, for this recommended build how may I add that Antivirus.

click download and choose "complete" at top left, additional scripts will be on the list, than unselect all scripts and select only the ones you want to add. :whistling:

ps: Probably 1 more day required for cd-r tests. Today was another busy day :ranting2:.

Time to sleep for me, cu tomorrow.
:worship:

#3 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:22 AM

Hi Iamwithin :ranting2:

The drivers that load in Qemu are unrelated to your real hardware. You can try these scripts: Attached File  IntelNIC.zip   393.4KB   454 downloads

Also, in PE, run DriverImportPE to install your NIC driver, see instruction here. If DIPE gets it working (either direct from system, supplied driver from SmartDriverBackup or supplied DriverPack), you can have it load your drivers at each boot automatically using DIPE script v.60 here.

:whistling:

#4 Iamwithin

Iamwithin

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:13 AM

I appreciate your work putting this together.
I downloaded the scripts which I thought would work.
i feel like I am balancing plates on sticks.
When I used the scripts for Pro 100 which I have,
I get an access violation or denied which I do not understand.

i also previously tried to build with DIPE a couple days ago,
but it says I need adding FBWF which I have no idea what or where
that is.

Also, when I used the pro 100 scripts then firadisk started getting mad again
and giving me an error.

I'm a newbie I admit it.

It's 2 AM here so I'm giving up for tonight.

#5 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:58 PM

When I used the scripts for Pro 100 which I have,
I get an access violation or denied which I do not understand.

You mentioned earlier a similar issue, "HostNic was useless, it sees the card but tells me I do not have access."; these are strange errors to get in PE, this is a normal (internal hard drive, not USB etc.), real hardware (not virtual) CD boot, right?

i also previously tried to build with DIPE a couple days ago,
but it says I need adding FBWF which I have no idea what or where
that is.

Also, when I used the pro 100 scripts then firadisk started getting mad again
and giving me an error.

You don't need FBWF, you need a writable system drive (FBWF or BootSDI or WimBoot etc.), I currently recommend Win2k3 based WimBoot:
w2k3wimboot.jpg

You can try a pre-configured project from here if wanted as a test :thumbsup:

#6 Iamwithin

Iamwithin

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:00 PM

"The drivers that load in Qemu are unrelated to your real hardware. You can try these scripts:..."

Hi amalux,

When I build with the driver for my network card I get two errors and no network card found after booting. The errors are these:

[Failed] (Intel® PRO_100 VE Network Connection Driver) Cannot create file "%BaseDir%\Target\LiveXP\I386\System32\e100b325.din". Access is denied:

[ExtractAllFiles,"%ScriptFile%","System","%target_sys%"]
[Failed] (FiraDisk) Access violation at address 0047EA5C in module 'WinBuilder.exe'. Read of address 00000000: [set,%pRadioGroup1%,0]

Since I turn off Kaspersky and I run Winbuilder as Administrator, what do the Access errors mean?

Also, because the ANet driver script is requesting WinXPsp2 I guess I cannot use it as I am using w2k3sp2 as my sources.

Thanks, oh I see you replied, I will run along and read it.

#7 Iamwithin

Iamwithin

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

You mentioned earlier a similar issue, "HostNic was useless, it sees the card but tells me I do not have access."; these are strange errors to get in PE, this is a normal (internal hard drive, not USB etc.), real hardware (not virtual) CD boot, right?

You don't need FBWF, you need a writable system drive (FBWF or BootSDI or WimBoot etc.), I currently recommend Win2k3 based WimBoot:
w2k3wimboot.jpg

Here are my HD's:

WDC 5000AAKS-22TMAO
WDC 5000AAKS-22TMAO
WD 5000AAKS External USB Drive

I have two internal and one external.

Here are my CD/DVD's:

HL-DT-ST-DVD-RAM GSA-H55L SCSI CdRom Device
Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A SCSI CdRom Device

#8 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:16 PM

Hi Iamwithin,

just a couple of words for amalux's package:
use amalux's package on a seperate folder and never update it by using winbuilder-download.
This is amalux's special package which has special settings he made. Project server adjusted to make updates with default settings....
Amalux already disabled network support of the winbuilder inside the package to avoid update, but better to warn also literally :worship:.
you can copy apps from one folder to another :whistling: . amalux's package have lots of nice softwares and features :ranting2: .

about bootsdi:
for now do not use it with vista :thumbsup:. It is all Billy the Door's fault :ranting2:

AND:

Access violation at address

I do not know why you get these errors. We have a number of active LiveXP users around which have hostos from xp to win7 (and x86 to x64), none reported this error yet. Winbuilder development (aka=psc , moreaka=Peter) may have an idea but not commented around till now. An idea, maybe switch of DEP needed, check here.

#9 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:33 PM

As stated by Lancelot, access denied/violation errors during a build are related to underlying OS issues and unrelated to winbuilder afaik, please make sure there are no background security programs (including DEP, UAC etc.) running which can tie up access to files. Sorry if you mentioned elsewhere, what OS/service pack are you running? Please try project here (as is except for setting source) and post log.html if errors (ignore warnings); I will try build with same source (W2k3SP2) and compare results :thumbsup:

#10 Iamwithin

Iamwithin

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:05 PM

Thank you Lancelot. Turning off DEP eliminated FriaDisk error.

I located a copy of MyNic and it generated a script for my card: Intel® 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection. this eliminated the last error and the build was perfect.

But when booted up, no network card found by PENetwork.
HostNic states access denied.

"You can try a pre-configured project from here if wanted as a test."

amalux, I fully intend on testing with this but I have other responsibities right now
and will return to this later tonight.

Thanks everyone.

#11 Iamwithin

Iamwithin

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:08 PM

Oh, btw, I have Windows Vista sp2 and 3 gigs ram
with a quadcore.

#12 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:19 PM

Oh, btw, I have Windows Vista sp2 and 3 gigs ram
with a quadcore.

Annoying forum issue makes it hard to track postings, I guess there's only two posts in this thread now, yours and yours :thumbsup:
forum.jpg

I'm also having issues with sources, give me some time to investigate and report back :whistling:

#13 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:21 PM

Turning off DEP eliminated FriaDisk error.

:whistling: :worship:
we definately need a DEP detector for the project :ranting2:.

forget HostNic for now, I wrote before, Hostnic would take nic of your windows and put it on LiveXP. Since your hostos is vista and since LiveXP is xp/2k3 based, it will not work for you.

As I wrote in the begining, you need decent xp/2k3 drivers of your nic, maybe from your mainboard website, or maybe from laptop website your ethernet card, or maybe from your ethernet card website (whatever you use).

Another method also available which requires writeable media (written before), I leave tutorialing to amalux :thumbsup:

btw:
since dep turned off, can you check if "active iso burner" working ? :ranting2:. If it again fails please close it from taskmanager, no need to restart (and waiting 2 minutes is enough).

#14 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:23 PM

Annoying forum issue makes it hard to track postings, I guess there's only two posts in this thread now, yours and yours ;)

Here normal amalux, I use Webber probably like you, try this:
on the topic, at right top, click options-->click standart

I hope this fixes. :lol:

#15 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

Thank you Lancelot. Turning off DEP eliminated FriaDisk error.

I located a copy of MyNic and it generated a script for my card: Intel® 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection. this eliminated the last error and the build was perfect.

"You can try a pre-configured project from here if wanted as a test."

amalux, I fully intend on testing with this but I have other responsibities right now
and will return to this later tonight.

Thanks everyone.

OK, found the rest of the thread ;) , if you have a working build (Lancelot-official), stick with it; I'm having similar issues building on Vista with W2k3sp2 source (Amalux-unofficial) so no point in trying. It will take some time to sort out and post new project; in the meantime, focus on getting NIC working in your current build.

:lol:

#16 Iamwithin

Iamwithin

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:37 PM

;) ;)
we definately need a DEP detector for the project :lol:.
forget HostNic for now, I wrote before, Hostnic would take nic of your windows and put it on LiveXP. Since your hostos is vista and since LiveXP is xp/2k3 based, it will not work for you.

As I wrote in the begining, you need decent xp/2k3 drivers of your nic, maybe from your mainboard website, or maybe from laptop website your ethernet card, or maybe from your ethernet card website (whatever you use).

I downloaded correct drivers from Intel last night.

I will test active iso burner later, I uninstalled.

#17 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

Happy ending episode 1 :lol:

@Iamwithin

It will be helpful to our nic experts if you put the webpage link you get drivers from.

Good night.
;)

#18 Iamwithin

Iamwithin

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:59 PM

Webpage for Intel Pro/100 drivers is:

http://drivers.softp...river-112.shtml

#19 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

Iamwithin, HostNIC/MyNIC is only useful as long as the hostOS is the same as the one used to build your PE.
HostOS Vista - VistaPE
HostOS XP - LiveXP/NaughtyPE with XP source
HostOS W2k3 - LiveXP/NaughtyPE with W2k3 source

Please also pay attention when including drivers yourself, that you always need to use the drivers suited for the OS of your source.

#20 Iamwithin

Iamwithin

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:26 PM

;) ;)

btw:
since dep turned off, can you check if "active iso burner" working ? :lol:. If it again fails please close it from taskmanager, no need to restart (and waiting 2 minutes is enough).

Lancelot, I tried active iso again and result was the same, scanning forever.

Iamwithin, HostNIC/MyNIC is only useful as long as the hostOS is the same as the one used to build your PE.

MedEvil, does this mean if I want a script for w2k3 driver, I need to run MyNic in w2k3?
And can I run MyNic in VMware/winXP to get a WinXP script?

#21 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:51 PM

Lancelot, I tried active iso again and result was the same, scanning forever.

Thanks for the test result :lol:

Webpage for Intel Pro/100 drivers is:

http://drivers.softp...river-112.shtml

I got and extracted to a folder, which one is your driver, PRO100 - PRO1000 - PROXGB

here is a trial, follow:
extract LAN_ALLOS_11.2_PV_TL3_132319_FULL.EXE with 7zip to a folder
you will notice 3 subfolder,
PRO100
PRO1000
PROXGB
and each subfolders have win32 subfolder
PRO100\win32
PRO1000\win32
PROXGB\win32

copy files inside these win32 folders to the penetwork source folder the way I described before with picture, than make your build. Good luck.

#22 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:08 AM

MedEvil, does this mean if I want a script for w2k3 driver, I need to run MyNic in w2k3?

If your source is w2k3 and you want to use MyNIC, it is safest to do exactly that.
Cause, though not every manufacturer has two distinct drivers for XP and w2k3, from afar, i can not tell you, if your driver is one of them.

And can I run MyNic in VMware/winXP to get a WinXP script?

No you can't. All you would get is the driver for the emulated Network Card inside your VM, but what you need, if you want to run your PE on your real machine, is the XP driver for the real network card.

A VM is in this regard just like a different computer. You wouldn't expect a driver taken from computer A to also work fine with computer B, don't you?

#23 Iamwithin

Iamwithin

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:02 AM

Thanks for the test result :lol:
I got and extracted to a folder, which one is your driver, PRO100 - PRO1000 - PROXGB

copy files inside these win32 folders to the penetwork source folder the way I described before with picture, than make your build. Good luck.

Done. PENetwork copies files beautifully, but when booted, no network card found by PENetwork

#24 Iamwithin

Iamwithin

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:07 AM

No you can't. All you would get is the driver for the emulated Network Card inside your VM, but what you need, if you want to run your PE on your real machine, is the XP driver for the real network card.

A VM is in this regard just like a different computer. You wouldn't expect a driver taken from computer A to also work fine with computer B, don't you?

Yes, I know, I watch the drivers load when I run VMWare. Sometimes I type beforeI think.
Soory about that.
;)

#25 Iamwithin

Iamwithin

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:15 AM

Thought I'd give DriverForge a try.
Built LiveXP fine, no errors.
Booted to CD, ran DriverForge, navigated to folder on CD
where PENetwork put the drivers. Driver forge said, "No drivers at this location.

I'm 'bout outta ideas. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users