#1 u2o

u2o

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 257 posts
  •  
    Argentina

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

Please make avaliable the WinBuilder version: 83.0.0.5.

It works much better (than v0.82) with LiveXP, Win7PE_SE and Win8PE_SE. Mainly, the latest version does not cause crashes when a script causes an error.

It would be possible?

Thanks!

#2 u2o

u2o

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 257 posts
  •  
    Argentina

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:17 AM

No?  Come on... Can I upload it? If I do, I've violated the WinBuilder license?

#3 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4198 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:01 AM

The multiPE 74 project includes WinBuilder version: 83.0.0.20.

http://reboot.pro/fi...ile/61-multipe/

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:39 AM

No?  Come on... Can I upload it? If I do, I've violated the WinBuilder license?

The license requires that you ask permission. If you really see it as needed, I don't see any problem that you upload the executable. No worries about license, I'd just ask you to upload into the download portal here on reboot to be easily reachable to others. :cheers:

I'm not the maintainer of the legacy edition of WinBuilder, that would be Peter's decision to whether or not make available more recent updates.

#5 u2o

u2o

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 257 posts
  •  
    Argentina

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:48 AM

The multiPE 74 project includes WinBuilder version: 83.0.0.20.
http://reboot.pro/fi...ile/61-multipe/

Hi! Thanks for answer!

In the link of project

The package contains WinBuilder 083, a slightly modified clone of the official WinBuilder 082.
Do never use WinBuilder 083 for other projects. It cannot be guaranteed that it works and does not cause any harm.

I don't have much time to test that version (for now) ... However, I've done enough evidence to say that the v83.0.0.5 has no problems in LiveXP, Win7PE_SE and Win8PE_SE (all x86). More than 100 builds and everything going great. (I should clarify that I haven't tested every existing script).

In the v82, when some scripts fails... WinBuilder too fail and don't dismount the wim image of Win7.
Then upcoming buildings fail because there is no way to dismount the image... and manually dismount don't work.
The only way is force to remove and delete all files and folders on %PE_BaseDir%\Mount\%ProjectName%\Source .

Most updated LiveXP ( LiveXp-2012 here ), and Win7PE_SE and Win8PE_SE projects (in http://cwcodes.net/) contains WinBuilder v82.

I think that the v82 is causing many script fail and no one takes into account ... the v83.0.0.5 has refined many things (by pscEx I think). The documentation has been updated and not everything works that way in v82.

I think everything would work best if is included the updated version.

#6 u2o

u2o

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 257 posts
  •  
    Argentina

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:52 AM

The license requires that you ask permission. If you really see it as needed, I don't see any problem that you upload the executable. No worries about license, I'd just ask you to upload into the download portal here on reboot to be easily reachable to others. :cheers:

I'm not the maintainer of the legacy edition of WinBuilder, that would be Peter's decision to whether or not make available more recent updates.

Hi Nuno! Understood... calling to Peter!

#7 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:54 AM

Just one detail. Don't confuse winbuilder.exe with the projects using winbuilder.exe. Usually it is the maintainer of the project that decides which winbuilder.exe he'd like to use.

#8 u2o

u2o

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 257 posts
  •  
    Argentina

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

Understood too Nuno. But I think that would be very good for everyone, including several versions ... for example ... rename the file as Winbuilder_v0.83.0.0.5_beta.exe. then all have the choice to use it or not.

For me are very silly mistakes that don't exist in newer versions. And I don't like wasting time, when a script fails in half of build and can't rebuild after a quick correction. Instead of taking 20 minutes, it takes me twice as long to build again...

#9 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

Latest version seems to be 83.0.0.22.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: winbuilder, latest, version, wb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users