#1 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:43 PM

(MSDaRT) 6.0 helps diagnose and repair a system that has trouble starting or has other issues.

When you start a system using a previously prepared startup disk, a NetStart dialog prompts you to initialize the network in the background. Subsequently, a System Recovery Options dialog box prompts you to first select a keyboard layout, and then to select the operating system to repair or diagnose. After these steps are completed, Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset becomes available on the System Recovery Options menu. Clicking MSDaRT opens a detailed MSDaRT Tools menu which presents various recovery tools.
a very nice set of tools to add to vistaPe, considering also to use the x:\sources\recovery\tools\msdarttools.exe as a shell to start from PeShell
  • sznabel likes this

#2 ireneuszp

ireneuszp

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:27 PM

:huh:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:46 PM

hi ireneuszp, do you have trued to modify the MSdart in order to make a proper script , or dou you simply add the folder to your vistaPE? Nice screenshots...

#4 ireneuszp

ireneuszp

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:04 PM

I don`t have a proper script
I add files to my VistaPE
Relnotes6

#5 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:29 PM

we could point directly to ERC commander box..but we have to point first at the vista/server08 win installation.

#6 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:33 PM

Cool stuff without doubt, a script is a must.. :huh:

No need to include MS files, just automate the download from the MS site and unpack files from the MSI to add inside the boot disks.

Just ask if you need help and we can help clear any doubts.

btw: We also have space for other developers to post their work, why don't you request one too?

http://boot-land.blo...buildernet.html
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=4113

#7 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:46 AM

the original winpeshl.ini looks like this:

[LaunchApps]
%windir%\system32\netstart.exe,-prompt
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\sources\recovery\recenv.exe

the association are set in fe.cfg file in system32 dir but are limited to notepad and explorer
the debug tools directory is inside system32

#8 billonious

billonious

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:curiosity

Posted 06 October 2008 - 02:21 PM

it is a pitty, that the x86 version doesn;t work on xp.

#9 Moon Goon

Moon Goon

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:28 PM

it is a pitty, that the x86 version doesn;t work on xp.

I found links to evaluation version of 5.0 for 2k and XP
http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

Also version 6.0 for Vista:
http://kurtsh.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!...!1876.entry

Both seem to be evaluation versions. Probably good for only 30 days.

I wonder if Winternals versions are fair game since Microsoft ate them up?

If you just unpack the files from the evaluation version - thus not seeing/agreeing to the EULA - is it still considered "unlicensed"?

Just random thoughts :confused1:

#10 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:00 PM

I wonder if Winternals versions are fair game since Microsoft ate them up?

Hmmm, I think that Microsoft ate them to avoid them becoming fair game.

If you just unpack the files from the evaluation version - thus not seeing/agreeing to the EULA - is it still considered "unlicensed"?

It might have been a good defense line in trial :confused1:, too bad you didn't keep your large mouth shut :cheers: and published your doubt, something that completely voids your bona-fide presumption.

:cheers:

jaclaz

#11 menzy

menzy
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:36 AM

ANy Chance on a script for this.... or how do i manually add them to my build?

#12 menzy

menzy
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 12:37 PM

Is any one working on this??? would be very grateful if someone was......

#13 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:04 AM

If you have a msdart 6 iso file (which you should get legally from MS), you can add it with the following steps:

Make a folder templates under basedir if it does not exist

make a folder msdart6 under templates

copy the following files from the boot.wim (which is inside the iso) (use 7zip to unpack) to this folder
+---Program Files|   +---Standalone System Sweeper|   |   |   mpam-fe.exe|   |   |   mpasdesc.dll|   |   |   mpclient.dll|   |   |   mpcmdrun.exe|   |   |   mpcommu.dll|   |   |   mpsvc.dll|   |   |   mpswphelp.rtf|   |   |   msascui.exe|   |   |   msmpcom.dll|   |   |   msmpeng.exe|   |   |   msmplics.dll|   |   |   msmpres.dll|   |   |   |   |   +---en-us|   |   |       mpasdesc.dll.mui|   |   |       msmpres.dll.mui|   |   |       |   |   \---Engine|   |           mpasbase.vdm|   |           mpasdlta.vdm|   |           mpavbase.vdm|   |           mpavdlta.vdm|   |           mpengine.dll|   |           |   \---WinRE|       \---tools|           |   MSDartTools.exe|           |   WinREConfig.xml|           |   |           \---en-us|                   MSDartTools.exe.mui|                   \---Windows    \---System32        |   COMPMGMT.exe        |   CrashAnalyze.exe        |   DiskCmdr.exe        |   DiskManagerAPIDLL.dll        |   DiskWipe.exe        |   ERDCMDR.CNT        |   ERDCMDR.RTF        |   erddiskpart.exe        |   ErdHelp.exe        |   ErdRegedit.exe        |   Explorer.exe        |   fauxshell.dll        |   fe.cfg        |   FileRestore.exe        |   FileSearch.exe        |   fmapi.dll        |   HotfixUninstall.exe        |   Locksmith.exe        |   MSDartCmn.dll        |   NetStart.exe        |   pwdserv.exe        |   SfcScan.exe        |   SolutionWizard.exe        |   TcpCfg.exe        |           \---en-USCOMPMGMT.exe.mui                CrashAnalyze.exe.mui                DiskCmdr.exe.mui                DiskManagerAPIDLL.dll.mui                DiskWipe.exe.mui                ErdHelp.exe.mui                ErdRegedit.exe.mui                Explorer.exe.mui                fauxshell.dll.mui                FileRestore.exe.mui                FileSearch.exe.mui                HotfixUninstall.exe.mui                Locksmith.exe.muiMSDartCmn.dll.mui                msimsg.dll.mui                NetStart.exe.mui                SfcScan.exe.mui                SolutionWizard.exe.mui                TcpCfg.exe.mui
IMPORTANT: what you find under winre is in the boot.wim under sources\recoverythen use the new (attached) winre script to add thhis to the winre (this is the way it works on the original DART CD, do not know how to set the target windows without it...maybe with some set target root tool for erdcommander...)
done

If this really helps you, i would apreciate your help: please test it and see if everything works...i had no time:-)
Please report here...

EDIT: added some info and removed some unneeded files from the filelist
EDIT2: updated script to work with server2008 as sourcefiles too (this has to do with the normal windows RE only)

Attached Files

#14 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:34 AM

@ctmag

Though you gave me an occasion to increase the points of my "frequent mouse wheeler" program :cheers:, I would appreciate that whenever you post a "long" list of something, you put it between [ codebox ] [ / codebox ] tags, as to make the thread more readable (and avoid my fixing it).

@all
This applies to all, please help keep the threads easily readable.

:confused1:

jaclaz

#15 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:55 AM

BTW: why not add a button for codebox to the editor?

#16 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:00 AM

BTW: why not add a button for codebox to the editor?

Why not clicking on "Insert Special Item" and choosing "CODEBOX"? :confused1:

jaclaz

#17 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:05 AM

well ok, but the codebox button question has been asked several times here and the opinion was it had to be typed...learned sth new:-)

#18 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:46 PM

Well, it appears to start correctly as long as I first run RecEnv and select a Vista installation. Is that the only way to get it to attach to an installation?

I haven't actually tested any of the tools yet, but being able to attach is a great beginning.

You probably should have put bold tags around your important note, I missed it completely. I admit I'm a bit slow. I managed to find the files on my own.

In the script there's an incredibly minor typo: "This project is based on VistaPE by Nightman..."

#19 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:49 AM

@JonF

Thanks for the info, updated the post...updates script will follow

#20 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:44 AM

One extra info:

If you want you can rename explorer.exe di erdlorer.exe and then use a hexedit to search for explorer.exe in unicode in the file msdarttools.exe and replace it with erdlorer.exe

this prevents conflicts when you use real explorer.exe shell in your vistape cd

#21 menzy

menzy
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:32 PM

Script and info works great! Tested all the tools and most of them work. the only ones that dont are:

-File Restore
-Disk Commander
-SFC Scan (loads but has an error when it tries to scan)

I will look into why these dont work a little later but just dont have time at the moment.

Thank you once again. Great work!

p.s I use explorer as my shell and dont have any conflict issues.

#22 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:16 PM

If you want you can rename explorer.exe di erdlorer.exe and then use a hexedit to search for explorer.exe in unicode in the file msdarttools.exe and replace it with erdlorer.exe

Better to search for Explorer.exe ... many hexedit tools don't do case-insensive search by default.

#23 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:36 PM

Script and info works great! Tested all the tools and most of them work. the only ones that dont are:

-File Restore
-Disk Commander
-SFC Scan (loads but has an error when it tries to scan)
p.s I use explorer as my shell and dont have any conflict issues.

well but from the dart tools there will be windows explorer launched and not dart explorer...

for me all apps including filerestore and diskcommander do start...i did not test any further...please tell us what is not working and what config you use..also please test with the new vistape 12rc1 that came out yesterday...

#24 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:22 PM

File Restore and DIsk Commander are working for me.

SFcScan starts but, when I tell it to do the scan, it immediately presents a dialog box saying something went wrong and nothing was scanned. Process Monitor indicates that it's looking for sfc.exe, which doesn't exist. Probably needs that, and it probably also needs sfc.dll and sfc_os.dll. Trying another build now ...

#25 pecd.net

pecd.net

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 947 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:45 PM

this is possible..did not add sfc.exe and the other files...if this helps pleasde tell me, will add it to the script then...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users