#1 atvasco

atvasco

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 26 June 2019 - 01:33 PM

Hi,

I have been using Hiren Boot CD V15.2 since December 2012 without problems on many Desktop/laptop computers.

Recently, using the same CD on several machines with different CD drives, I get the following problem:

• Boot from CD works OK - no problems
  • Selecting "Mini Windows XP" - no problems
  • When selecting "Dos Programs" I get:  "Error 13: invalid or unsupported executable format"

The Hiren CD has not been altered in any way.

The BIOS on any machine that I try has NOT been updated or altered in any way.

I have copied the "Hiren's.BootCD.15.2.iso" onto a bootable USB key using Vumi-Boot (v 2.0.6.6) then booted from the USB and using the option to load Hiren 15.2 iso, booted Hiren and then sucessfully started "Dos Programs".

I can't understand why this problem has suddenly occured and why it is only on trying to load the Dos programs but gives no problems when the CD is booted.

Any help is gratly appreciated.

Cheers,

atvasco

#2 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2019 - 04:51 PM

Are you talking about Hiren's.BootCD.15.2.iso  (it pays to be accurate if you want accurate help!)

So do you get that error on every single system now - or do the systems that worked before still work now?

What is the spec of the systems which give the error (specifically age, amount of RAM, mfr and model).

If you have the ISO that you made the CD from, what happens if you boot from an emulator or VM directly from the ISO as a CD? e.g. RMPrepUSB - Ctrl+F11 to boot from an ISO as a CD under QEMU.

If you make a CD from the ISO - does it behave in the same way?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hiren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users