#51 Icecube

Icecube

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1063 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:43 PM

Did you try the last test version of Plop already? It probably won't help, but you never know:
http://www.boot-land...iew=getlastpost

#52 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:20 AM

Thanks Icecube

I just tried the new test version of PLoP. The graphics is improved.
The PLoP BootMenu is now well readable on my SAMSUNG 226cw whereas for the previous version I needed to switch to TEXT.

My problem is still the same of having NO access to USB-drives in LiveXP when using first PLoP to PreLoad USB 2.0 driver.
Again the speed to load LiveXP BootSDI.img into RAMDISK is impressive, 42 seconds instead of 215 seconds without PreLoad of PLoP USB 2.0 driver.

It is as though only my USB-stick is recognised for booting, but in general all USB-drives are invisible (e.g cardreader drives disappear and powerlight is switched off by PLoP USB 2.0 driver)

@Elmar aka BiTByte
Is there a solution to my problem or is it hardware specific ?

#53 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:02 AM

Seemingly unrelated (and probably actually unrelated :whistling:):
http://www.boot-land...?...ic=8752&hl=

I have tried USBDummyDisk.Script of oriensol in LiveXP BootSDI.img first without PLoP Preload of USB 2.0 driver.
It is very nice that Removable USB-sticks are seen as Fixed in LiveXP PE environment.
You can Format USB-sticks with NTFS and multiple partitions are accessible.
However, cardreader drives are not available and USB-stick gets driveletter C: which shifts other driveletters.
So USBDummyDisk.Script is really interesting and of great value.

But when using PLoP PreLoad of USB 2.0 driver then again there are NO USB-drives accessible in LiveXP environment.
Thus, in this respect nothing has changed .....

#54 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:03 AM

hi , wimb

i have tried both the prev and current versions of plop driver on same hardware , and it works fine ( simple Bootsdi , bootsdi+wimpack , wimboot ) .

all above 3 methods , and live xp saw my usb drives correctly with plop driver loading.

i ll post logs in the evening for these 3 builds .

#55 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:07 AM

i have tried both the prev and current versions of plop driver on same hardware , and it works fine ( simple Bootsdi , bootsdi+wimpack , wimboot ) .

all above 3 methods , and live xp saw my usb drives correctly with plop driver loading.

Hi maanu,

Thanks for testing, now I know that my problem with PLoP USB 2.0 driver might be a hardware dependant issue.

#56 Bukvod

Bukvod

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 123 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:10 PM

Can anybody help? I have tried every way to try and load the PLOP boot manager ISO,IMA,BIN, ver5.0.3, test version and have been successful in getting to PlOP every time but it hangs when selecting USB from the PLOP menu. I see PlOP windows appear that says something like PORT 1 NO MASS USB DEVICE then it tries to boot and I get
F1 try reboot , F2 to run setup screen. I have tried to config plpbt.bin with int19h=on, int19h=off everything I can think of. any help would be appreciated.

#57 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:47 PM

how about asking this in the official forums ?

http://forum.plop.at/index.php?PHPSESSID=2e2cab4538e7388289e7ce3d8ed5a795&board=2.0

i hope Elmar will gladly help you.

#58 doveman

doveman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:29 PM

Hmm, I was hoping PLOP would help my rubbish motherboard (Gigabyte 8I848) to be more co-operative, but unfortunately not.

I tried testing it a few ways:

1) Boot from HD into Grub4Dos
Run unmodified plpbt.bin
Select USB and it displays:

Loading EHCI Driver
Searching on Hosts
Host 1
Port 7 - No Mass Storage Device

and stays like that.

2) Boot from USB into NTLDR
Run grldr
Run modified plpbt.bin (plpcfgbt stm=hidden cnt=on cntval=1 dbt=usb plpbt.bin)
PLOP fails to load

3) Boot from USB into Grub4Dos
Run unmodified plpbt.bin
PLOP loads but USB keyboard doesn't work
Selecting USB (with PS/2 keyboard) stops at the same "Port 7 - No Mass Storage Device" message

Note for some (annoying!) reason my USB keyboard always works in boot.ini/NTLDR and in Grub4Dos booted from HD, but never in Grub4Dos booted from USB stick. Also, Grub4Dos freezes at the menu when booted from USB stick and I have to press my power button quickly twice to unfreeze it.

I'll post my results on the official PLOP forum as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users