29 replies to this topic

#26 Anfinuo

Anfinuo

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:21 AM

...you can usually do some sort of installation on "REAL" windows, and compare pre and post installations.

Did that yeeears ago with RegMon. I'm still sorting through it\seeing a therapist ;)

...figure out what libraries need to be added to the tiniest of cores to get the functionality you need to run the application you really want to provide.

Did that with my old ADSL modem. Gave up around fourth "level" in. Ditto therapist.

...it's not often you get wonko, paraglider, pscEx and me all in the same post!)

Yeah, detected some "antipathy", and stuff, between some of you, in my other thread.

#27 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:45 AM

Yeah, detected some "antipathy", and stuff, between some of you, in my other thread.

...only these people (in strict order of NON appearance :w00t:):

1. paraglider
  2. pscEx
  3. sbaeder

never took part to that other thread:

http://reboot.pro/to...able-pendrives/

What could this mean? :dubbio:

Maybe that Wonko is a picky, grumpy, old bastard[1] :w00t: :ph34r: (which he is, so everything is cool :smiling9:).

:duff:

Wonko

[1]and also notoriously cheap, but that is unrelated.

#28 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:22 AM

I usually start with regshot  and install on a clean normal windows in a VM. I feed the output from that into my convregtoinf program ( available on my website ) ( also produces winbuilder output ). It that does not result in a working plugin then the next step is sysinternals procmon on both normal os and pe.

There is no guarantee that you will get any given program working on PE.

Even though I am a big believer in .NET I avoid using .NET on PE.

#29 Anfinuo

Anfinuo

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:09 PM

So I'm tinkering with the "full" Win 7PE SE, and noticed some strange things:

• it looks like my PE build, "snatched" my Notepad replacement from the installed OS it was building from. Is that possible ? Never mind, just noticed the: "Replaced by Notepad2" bit. It's nice to see that other people prefer it too, and not the "official" Notepad replacement.
  • if I've extracted boot, and install .wim, can I delete the rest of the Windows disc files ? Only the .wim files ?
  • is there a firewall (no, not AV) script ?
  • Gena builds from XP\2003, but you can share plugins with in Win 7 builds, so can I just simply copy-paste the script files I like, or is there some conversion in that import too ?
  • is there a way to have Windows sounds (no, not sound in general, got that, those Windows "beeps", when clicking stuff, etc.) in PE ?
  • "Additional Fonts and Codepages", what "strange" letters\languages (beside those three with check boxes) this supports ?

#30 Anfinuo

Anfinuo

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:38 PM

Could find the rules subforum, so sorry if bumping\threadomancy is a no-no.

I'm "resurrecting" my Win 7PE SE interest, so I got additional questions:

• is there a script for some fan control ?
  • is there a way to make file associations ?
  • concerning UEFI, secure boot, how this is handled ? I see the efi bits in created .iso, but that doesn't tell me much.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: confused, help, will praise for help ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users