• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#26 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:58 AM

Do i need to download just the CAPI version or is there some cross dependency on the Core?

:idea:

#27 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:27 PM

What about the drivers in this package?
Is it the same drivers from vistape.net/project
or new updated drivers?

Same drivers so far. I intend to include DaveXP's script which downloads and installs Vista drivers from Driverpacks.net, after I rework it a little.

#28 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:28 PM

Do i need to download just the CAPI version or is there some cross dependency on the Core?

I'm not sure I understand. Both versions are standalone and independent. You only need to download one.

#29 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:03 PM

Both versions are standalone and independent.

That was the thing i was interested in. Cause in nativeEX the Core and the barebone are not independant.

:idea:

#30 ludovici

ludovici

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 610 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:17 PM

Hi JohnF :idea:

@ JonF : DaveXP's scriptwhich downloads and installs Vista drivers from Driverpacks.net, after I rework it a little.

It's a very good news. :P
Personnally i think it's the best script for Driver installation :)
But the Download process and integration time, it's very long :P
And one question : Want you integrate the audio fonctionnality in your project ? :P

#31 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:26 AM

And one question : Want you integrate the audio fonctionnality in your project ? :idea:

I have no interest in boot CDs with audio; I use them exclusively for recovery or rescue. But if I coulde integrate sound without great effort on my part, I'd do it, because I know others are interested.

#32 dorux

dorux

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:12 AM

I'm not sure I understand. Both versions are standalone and independent. You only need to download one.

Maybe a stupid question: Whats the difference between the Core and Capi?

Also: I have tried DaveXP's script. It IS working but very slow when building (as ludovici also said) .
And when rebuilding after adding or removing some other scripts, the DaveXP's drivers is gone
and have to be integrated again. Very time consuming :-(

Maybe you will try to solv that issue?

Anyway: Thank you very much JonF for keeping VistaPE alive. I'm very grateful :-)

#33 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:29 PM

Core is NightMan's VistaPE RC1 with some updated scripts and bug fixes, and my personal choices for what scripts to include and what level they download at.

CAPI is Core plus Pedro Le's Common API substituted for NightMan's version, and a few script changes that take advantage of Pedro's expansions.

I intend to make Core go away soon, since CAPI seems to be pretty stable.

#34 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:32 PM

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Dave's driver script. I'll almost certainly set it up to download updated driver packs automatically. It is indeed a slow script. I don't know if it can be sped up significantly, or how to integrate drivers as NightMan did, or if some drivers can be integrated and some added.

Without having looked into it deeply, I doubt that it can be sped up and I doubt that a hybrid mode, wherein only un-integrated drivers are loaded, is reasonably possible.

#35 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:16 PM

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Dave's driver script.

Well. I looked at the DriverPacks.net Mass Storage drivers pack for Vista. It has a couple of drivers that were not previously integrated into VistaPE, and newer versions of several of the drivers already integrated. So I updated the VistaPE "Drivers - SATA/RAID/SCSI" script (now on the vistape.winbuilder.net server) and the mass storage part of Dave's script is superfluous (at least until another driver pack update comes out).

#36 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:16 PM

Hi JonF. I noticed the victoria script you have included in VistaPE is out of date, the new version contains some documentation and disables destructive write operations by default. you can get the updated script here.
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=6673

#37 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:09 PM

Windows Vista Recovery Environment version 21 does not work with the CAPI project.

IniRead - Failed to find file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE-Core\Addons\dll.script]

the script looks for dll.script in %basedir%\Projects\%ProjectName%\Addons\dll.script but because %projectName% is VistaPE-Core and the project folder is VistaPE-CAPI the IniRead fails.

#38 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:24 PM

but because %projectName% is VistaPE-Core and the project folder is VistaPE-CAPI

i think i had similar problem with the IE7.script in VistaPE-CAPI

#39 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:45 PM

Windows Vista Recovery Environment version 21 does not work with the CAPI project.

IniRead - Failed to find file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE-Core\Addons\dll.script]

the script looks for dll.script in %basedir%\Projects\%ProjectName%\Addons\dll.script but because %projectName% is VistaPE-Core and the project folder is VistaPE-CAPI the IniRead fails.

Aha! Another good catch. I always have a VistaPE-Core project sitting beside VistaPE-CAPI, so it always works for me.

#40 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:46 PM

Hi JonF. I noticed the victoria script you have included in VistaPE is out of date, the new version contains some documentation and disables destructive write operations by default. you can get the updated script here.
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=6673

Thanks, I'll check it out.

#41 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 455 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:05 PM

Hi Jon, just wanted to say what a fantastic job you are doing

Have been using vistaPE for ages and noticed it hadn't been update for ages and then I spot your post and the updated version

Just created the CAPI version with all my custom scripts etc and it works like a dream!!!!

great work

EDIT: only problem I have is that the pmagic script isn't work, seems to build fine, but I get error 15: File Not Found when I try to boot into off menu - any ideas?

#42 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:38 PM

Hm, failing for me too ... looks like some problem with the menu.lst.

#43 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 455 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:03 PM

also despite spybot (and an adaware script I added) updating at build time, they are reporting as being out of data when I boot into vistaPE?

spybot shows 1/28/2009 as last update in help, about

#44 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 455 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:06 PM

also one question if I may

Does it need WAIK to build? I am pointing to a Windows Vista SP1 DVD and I also have WAIK installed but wasn't sure if I needed it or not?

#45 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

Does it need WAIK to build? I am pointing to a Windows Vista SP1 DVD and I also have WAIK installed but wasn't sure if I needed it or not?

It needs the WAIK. Evenif you have Wimutil.exe lying around, it needs the WAIK. This is explicit on the current introductory page.

#46 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:21 PM

also despite spybot (and an adaware script I added) updating at build time, they are reporting as being out of data when I boot into vistaPE?

Adaware SE is dead, I'm sorry to say. Spybot I'll check, maybe I need to update the program part of it as well.

#47 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 455 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:38 PM

Adaware SE is dead, I'm sorry to say. Spybot I'll check, maybe I need to update the program part of it as well.

yes I must admit I had thought of getting rid of adaware anyway

let me know if you find or fix the spybot issue though

#48 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 455 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:53 PM

It needs the WAIK. Evenif you have Wimutil.exe lying around, it needs the WAIK. This is explicit on the current introductory page.

thanks for that - sorry will teach me for asking before reading the rest of the posts!

#49 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:49 PM

OK. All fixed.

Spybot - I don't know where it's getting that date. I reinstalled it, added the new version to my script, and it still shows that date. If you look in the Includes directory (even compare it to the Includes directory of Spybot installed on your system) you will see that, in fact, it has the latest updates.

Parted Magic - ^%%$*^% SourceForge changed their page, and the script was picking up the oldest available version instead of the latest version.

#50 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:48 AM

somehow i am unable to download the
/VistaPE-CAPI/script.project version 15
from the vistape.winbuilder.net server

0 user(s) are reading this topic