#476 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1059 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted A week ago

in the meantime, my test revealed 0 duplicates on C:\ - does this conform with what u have just said?

#477 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1059 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 6 days ago

Well, folks, I guess I have to enthuse at Wimb's skills even further, as I have just discovered that, on updating a vhd and "baking" a corresponding wim, the problem of trying to re-apply the new wim to the same original vhd (in order to avoid changing names and stuff from the default procedure) seems to have disappeared - the procedure automatically calls for a reformat of the vhd and it just re-applies it and the updated vhd reboots spick&span - none of the crashes that erratically happened with the earliest versions of vhd_wimboot, whether as wimboot or as full vhd. So this time, at least with this latest version (5.3, I guess, and I do not know if iti is also the case with the most recent ones (e.g. 5.0-5.2)), wimb went "preterintentional" (beyond his own modest intentions). Attaboy Wimb!

#478 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1059 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 4 days ago

well, folks, there might be new frontiers in vhd size shrinking - pls check the last post in get-alladafluff-out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ramdisk, grub4dos, wimlib, svbus, windows 10, ssd, usb, wim, vhd, wimboot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users